Forest Shepherd
bungobaggins
azriel
Pettytyrant101
Goldeneye
16 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Empty Re: J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:03 pm

I think there is a shared element. I said elsewhere that I thought the general sense of disfranchisement between working people and political class, especially in the wake of the financial collapse and all that has resulted so far from it, that people were looking for alternatives outside of the normal political class- in England UKIP benefited from it, across Europe its been either previously considered fringe right or left parties- the same thing happened here just earlier, and we had an credible alternative to try- one that has worked out quite well- the most recent polls show that after a decade of government the SNP are more popular now than ever before in voting intentions- thats almost unheard of for an encumbered government through a financial crisis- so we got lucky so far.
But its the same thing here as UKIP, or Trump or Biden for that matter in the US elections- its a mistrust, a sense that the whole establishment way of working has become entrenched self interest and the only democratic way to voice that is to vote for people who don't seem to represent that class.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Empty Re: J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:03 pm

there is a nationalist element to voting UKIP or the SNP no matter what anyone says. Nigel was promoting it and so was Salmond. Theres no difference between them. they are both chauvinists with an agenda. us against them. under the very thin veneer of 'power for the people' they both stir up ancient ethnic fears of 'the other'. Nigel of immigrants, Salmond of the English overlords. its a useful tool, like immigration is a problem, and Scotland does have to toe the line from Westminster.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:32 pm

Of course there is an element, but that's not necessarily a bad thing- pride in shared achievements as a nation helps create stability and maintain rule of law.
But where did chauvinist come into it?- Sturgeon is just as much a politician as Salmond was, arguably shrewder and even more canny an she is an even more popular leader than he was.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:27 am

Haha, this is like an Alice in Wonderland political discussion held amongst the fish people.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:41 pm

well I would certainly cry 'off with his head!' Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:46 pm

Thats ok Figg- Your nothing but a pack of cards! Wink

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:19 pm

watch it or I will throttle your caterpillar. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldeneye Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:14 pm

Wow this has thread has certainly taken an unexpected journey, lol. I have just finished my official trailer for my Hobbit fan edit...you will notice in the footage that I have re-inserted the eagles since so many people asked for them! Let me know what you think.

Goldeneye
Shireling

http://www.maple-films.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:37 pm

Goldeneye wrote:Wow this has thread has certainly taken an unexpected journey, lol. I have just finished my official trailer for my Hobbit fan edit...you will notice in the footage that I have re-inserted the eagles since so many people asked for them! Let me know what you think.

Good trailer. Makes me even more sad about the final product PJ thought was suitable for theaters.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:41 pm

Wow this has thread has certainly taken an unexpected journey- Goldneye

To be expected on a Tolkien forum I feel, a proper one anyway! You never know where the road will sweep you off to, or a thread for that matter Very Happy

Not to much comment to make on your trailer except that's its as polished and professional as the rest of your word which is a high standard indeed. Particularly impressed by your digital alternation (what did you use for that Adobe After Effects?)- reminds me the superb digital work added to the SW fanedit.
If I have a complaint about the trailer is that it seems still rather dwarf centric to me.

And though I haven't seen your latest cut yet I am still suitably inspired by my crabbit to ponder if you have made it more like the book, as my only previous complaint was that the tittle 'J.R/R/ Tolkien's' didn't seem earned yet as Bilbo's character arc was not restored and it was still to dwarf heavy in terms of story focus.
But your standard of workmanship remains above even my crabbit (and that might be a first! Shocked )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldeneye Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:00 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:And though I haven't seen your latest cut yet I am still suitably inspired by my crabbit to ponder if you have made it more like the book, as my only previous complaint was that the tittle 'J.R/R/ Tolkien's' didn't seem earned yet as Bilbo's character arc was not restored and it was still to dwarf heavy in terms of story focus.

Thank you! I can definitely say that Bilbo and the dwarves are front and center in this fan edit. As it should be! After I released the first version back in April, I received a great deal of feedback and suggestions from people on how to improve the edit. Most of the suggestions were related to bringing the film closer to the book, which I have tried my best to do. Hence the necessary digital alterations in certain shots (all done in After Effects, correct).

Obviously there are some things that I just cannot change because I can only do so much with the footage.

Goldeneye
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Bilbo and the dwarves are front and center - Goldeneye

AND the dwarves? Suspect

'there are some things that I just cannot change because I can only do so much with the footage.'

I know the feeling well!
I still want to hire you to do the editing for my LotR's purist edits- they are in bad need of smoothing out and you have the talent to do it- how much do you cost? (Being mindful of the rarity of me actually opening my sporran and the crabbit explosion that often follows me having to part with money Evil or Very Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:14 pm

Yeah be careful with that one Goldeneye! "Between a Scotshobbit and his crabbit (or buckie) shalt thou never come" is a well-known saying around these parts.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:09 am

Only when the Ultimate Edition comes out is when I think the Hobbit can be fixed for me. Apparently there were loads of Bilbo's character arc, and Bilbo and Thorin arc that didn't make the cut
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:14 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I still want to hire you to do the editing for my LotR's purist edits- they are in bad need of smoothing out and you have the talent to do it- how much do you cost? (Being mindful of the rarity of me actually opening my sporran and the crabbit explosion that often follows me having to part with money Evil or Very Mad )

Please Goldeneye. You're our only hope. I think it would be much better than your hobbit fanedit because you can only do so much to dress up a turd. (there are so little parts anyway that should be cut from lotr that it would hardly be noticeable, but still make my movie experience better)
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldeneye Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:49 am

LOTR was so good though! I can't imagine cutting much from those films.

Goldeneye
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:25 am

Although Petty's edits of LotR do cut quite a bit, what I find more interesting is the reordering and re-pacing of the narrative so that they follow the Books much more closely.

I find the resulting change in tone fascinating. I view it as a different telling of the LotR story, along with Bakshi/Rankin/Bass, BBC Radio, and Peter Jackson.

It's still a little rough on some of the transitions, particularly the audio, but I think it's well worth the time to watch for anybody who's interested in the structure of the Story.

BTW Goldeneye, are you named for Bond or the duck? scratch

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 UJpDi J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:19 am

davidjoneshoward wrote:Got the email. It's pretty late now, the next time I'lll probably get back to you is this monday as I'm going away for labor day. Cheers! pub

Update: will not be able to watch the fanedits anytime (presumably) until this weekend, so if I don't get back to you before then you'll know why. School starts wednesday for me and I have to go school supply shopping (they give you the list on the first day of school!), I have to finish up a book and a mini-essay, etc. What a flustering end of summer vacation! It really jolts you awake into the face of reality. No Crying or Very sad
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:31 am

BTW Goldeneye, are you named for Bond or the duck?................

I cant now, I just cant now think of little fluffy ducks thanks to you lot Crying or Very sad Its the floppy flappy kind I see now ! (you know what Im talking about ) Crying or Very sad No

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldeneye Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:53 pm

Ha, I would associate the name more with Bond than with ducks Smile

Goldeneye
Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:23 pm

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Daffy-Duck-as-James-Bond--42076

J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 UJpDi J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit: A Fanedit by Dustin Lee - Page 4 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:43 pm

Goldeneye wrote:LOTR was so good though! I can't imagine cutting much from those films.

Nod agreed. I want to put stuff back IN! like Faramirs wedding which I think they filmed but left out. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:56 pm

will not be able to watch the fanedits anytime (presumably) until this weekend- davidj

Not to worry, I am always just grateful and appreciative when anyone finds the time in a busy life to watch and comment on them- whenever you get round to it is fine by me.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by davidjoneshoward Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:56 pm

I'm afraid some problems are stating to crop up, Petty. I can only view Book 1 of Lotr, Book 2s file is empty, and book 3 I would have to download in separate parts which is out of the question with an old computer like this. Any way you can fix these? Thanks Thumbs Up

Also when is 'BOTFAStandard' coming out? After the EE comes out I assume, right?
davidjoneshoward
davidjoneshoward
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:27 pm

Book 1 is sadly at the moment the only viewable of the three on that drive. Book 2 is to be reuploaded at some point soonish, when I get some technical issues at my own end sorted (namely a new HD so I have space)- Book 3 was uploaded when Onedrive had no viewing option, and also had a tiny comparatively to now, file size limit- hence all the zip files- once bk2 is up I will be likewise replacing book 3 with the viewable version too.
Regards TBOFA the DOS one includes it (edited from theatrical of course)- so they I decided that DOS was as good a name for the second film as any and it meant I didnt have to edit out the titles. But it goes to the end of the story.

Regards the other films however some sort of survive on my dailymotion channel.

Book 2 is there but only as far as when they head to the Bridge in Moria- the rest got pulled.
All of Book 3 is there however.

Book 2 (to Bridge)

Book 3 pt1 (TT is my least favourite of the three original films, but my favourite of the edits!)

pt2

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next