halfwise
Lancebloke
Bluebottle
azriel
Pettytyrant101
20 posters

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Empty Re: The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 7:46 pm

Yupp there is a risk we would ruin it and it would be really weird afterwards.. There are people here i am a bit uncertain about meeting irl, but some here i'd love to meet Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Empty Re: The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 7:49 pm

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Narwhals_zps1ausrgu2

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 21, 2015 7:51 pm

Norc wrote:
Tinuviel wrote:This would be perfect if we did this in the fall, I'll be in Bath for 3 months! I'm already planning a Tolkien themed trip!

This fall would be too soon.. Like i have to save and stuff.. But idk, it's probably worse for u staters Smile

Fuck me, I'd feel wholly irresponsible if I just dropped a couple thousand dollars (is it even that cheap?) on a random trip to Europe.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu May 21, 2015 7:53 pm

Now it comes to it it kinda makes you backstep a tad ? It would be weird & who can say how life will feel after you met up ? And yes, it could go wrong & uncomfortable & you wish you hadnt done it, you can never go back to how it was. OR, it could be amazing, & the most happy & enjoyable time ever ! But do I want to sit on the fence if a chance came up or do I say "this is life ! live it !" take a chance or not take a chance ?? Regret I didnt or regret I did ?

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu May 21, 2015 7:56 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Norc wrote:
Tinuviel wrote:This would be perfect if we did this in the fall, I'll be in Bath for 3 months! I'm already planning a Tolkien themed trip!

This fall would be too soon.. Like i have to save and stuff.. But idk, it's probably worse for u staters Smile

Fuck me, I'd feel wholly irresponsible if I just dropped a couple thousand dollars (is it even that cheap?) on a random trip to Europe.

Great! Now all we need is thirteen short dudes with beards and one tall, old one to convince you otherwise. Nod

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu May 21, 2015 7:57 pm

We Baggins' don't just go and throw our money all about town. Mad

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 8:32 pm

I'd take the risk honestly. And if i get some notice a plane ticket to the UK isn't crazy expensive (a little) Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu May 21, 2015 9:30 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I'd feel wholly irresponsible if I just dropped a couple thousand dollars (is it even that cheap?) on a random trip to Europe.

Just FYI Bungo, you should be able to get to London and back for under $1000 if you're willing to shop. You might even get there and back again for more like $700 if you're really lucky and play the angles.

As for irresponsibility, there's a whole world of things less responsible than a random trip to Europe, and many of them need to be tried at least once.  Twisted Evil

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu May 21, 2015 9:51 pm

yeah I mean what could go wrong? Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Laughing

Hmm...Tin's gonna be there in the fall. I'll be teaching which will make it hard, but could might swing it. Someone owes me a favor and can cover.

But yeah, for the younger hobbits that kind of cash definitely ain't just laying around; older hobbits too.

I suggest Tin meet up with the British contingent, and if it doesn't blow all hell out of things we take it as a good sign and plan for the following summer?

And Norc, I spent a night in the hedgerows outside Oxford wrapped in a plastic table cloth: it doesn't have to be expensive!

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 11:16 pm

Haha Nope true, but i'm moving out this fall and i need the monaaayyh Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Thu May 21, 2015 11:17 pm

And it's not called fall it's fucking AUTUMN! fall is something you do when your body betrays you ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 21, 2015 11:28 pm

Next summer could probably work for me, but wouldn't it be cheaper to fly in the offseason? Though some people would have a harder time getting vacation time outside the summer probably.

Thinking about cost, since trans-Atlantic tickets can be so expensive, I might resurrect my old road trip dream now that I have my own car and try to hit up various Forumhobbits around the US. Maybe...
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu May 21, 2015 11:30 pm

Norc wrote:And it's not called fall it's fucking AUTUMN! fall is something you do when your body betrays you ..

And spring is what we say when something pops up, but it's also a season. And in both cases it's the opposite of fall. Wink
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu May 21, 2015 11:52 pm

yep, just checked. Off season is about $300 cheaper. I compared mid august to early october. Nothing was as low as I'd really like. I remember when it used to be WAY cheaper to jump the pond. I should try different days of the week.

I'd still do it, though.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 22, 2015 12:00 am

better warn the Ashmolean museum some Vikings may be 'visiting.' rabbit

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 am

Eldorion wrote:Next summer could probably work for me, but wouldn't it be cheaper to fly in the offseason? Though some people would have a harder time getting vacation time outside the summer probably.

Thinking about cost, since trans-Atlantic tickets can be so expensive, I might resurrect my old road trip dream now that I have my own car and try to hit up various Forumhobbits around the US. Maybe...

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Giphy

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Giphy

I do prefer road trips. I've only been on a big plane flight once in my life, not a fan of heights, or the cramped quarters, or the fact that you can't stop when you want to.

{{{I also recently acquired a new (used, but new to me) car a couple months ago. I'm probably going to have to postpone my summer vacation, but I can't wait to get it out on the freeway for some interstate travel. Cool }}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Fri May 22, 2015 3:04 am

There's always the idea of doing a Google hangout type thing to test the waters, or we just stay the way we are: semi anonymous! While I'm abroad Id be down for a meet up, maybe in a Tolkien esc place? Or in the US! I remember Paul erikson and I were in the same place at once and didn't know it! It would have been cool to just say hi

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 3:19 am

I'm only about 8 hours from Chicago and briefly considered going to see him at a book signing event or something like that, it would have been a last minute decision, but life got in the way.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri May 22, 2015 4:06 am

Who's Paul Erickson?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri May 22, 2015 4:22 am

The Wobbit! Very Happy

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri May 22, 2015 6:10 am

bungobaggins wrote:I do prefer road trips. I've only been on a big plane flight once in my life, not a fan of heights, or the cramped quarters, or the fact that you can't stop when you want to.

{{{I also recently acquired a new (used, but new to me) car a couple months ago. I'm probably going to have to postpone my summer vacation, but I can't wait to get it out on the freeway for some interstate travel. Cool }}}

The longest I've drive on my own is about 2.5 hours one way to visit my girlfriend at college, although I've driven for longer when on family trips where we rotated driving duties. Obviously it's still a big jump from that to multi-day or week traveling but I think it'd be fun. Smile I do enjoy driving, for the most part.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri May 22, 2015 7:31 am

I love flying, it's such a great way to discover new landscapes, and get a whole new perspective on landscapes you already know. And there's something incredibly beautiful and tranquil about looking down on a sea made of skies, bathed in sunlight. A view like that combined with a soothing song or tune, like Pachelbel's canon in D, is just wonderful Very Happy

The 2014 Forum Awards Nominations - Page 9 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri May 22, 2015 5:24 pm

Right on Ringo ! flower

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri May 22, 2015 9:20 pm

yeah I love it when you fall asleep with your face to the window and then you get woken up, look down and shit your pants. Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next