Pettytyrant101
Kafria
Eldorion
12 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Staff nominations Empty Staff nominations

Post by Eldorion Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:34 am

Forumshire has always been about community, but it also has a variety of administrative tasks that require attention. Currently the site's "staff" consists solely of myself as Administrator/Moderator and GB as Moderator. That was sufficient when we were just a few people trying to carry on after the old forum disappeared, but at this point I feel we have grown into something new and are in fact more active than the old forum had been for a long time. As such (and because GB doesn't drop by as much anymore) I've felt a bit overwhelmed at times, trying to keep the forum going and also encourage its growth.

For this reason, I've recently spent a bit of time thinking about the idea of promoting other people to various positions. Having talked it over in private with those concerned I feel confident in my picks, but since as I said Forumshire is about community, I want everyone else to have a chance to comment before I do anything. So without further ado, my proposed promotions are:

1. Pettytyrant101 for the position of Moderator. Petty is far and away the most active member of the forum and he contributes everywhere and I cannot think of anyone who is better qualified or more deserving to help keep an eye on the forums, particularly as we grow.
  2. Baingil to the position of Tech Admin. I'm sure you have all noticed the lovely new theme we are sporting, and that is almost entirely the work of Baingil. She's more familiar with a lot of tech stuff than I am, and I think she would be a great asset to Forumshire as the go-to person for technical matters.

Let your voice be heard!

Last edited by Eldorion on Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Staff nominations Empty Re: Staff nominations

Post by Kafria Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:18 am

I have to say I've alway been impresed with the way you've kept everything going and think nominating new staff is a great idea!.

As to your picks, I couldn't agree more both will be excellent! Smile

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 am

drunken drunken (sorry but promotions shoud be celebrated, a lot.) drunken Um Mods are allowed buckie aren't they? Shocked

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Saradoc Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Totally agreed with your picks there- PettyTyrant- well he's the man isn't he. THE MAN. That dude from Scotland, y'know...he's is the man...obviously as I am devout PJ follower we wont always see eye to eye (which I mean he completely tears my point up which leaves me with a pretty muted response, though sometimes I choose not to reply- he is that good at knocking down PJ...(((sometimes even with valid points dare I say it), but still a great guy!

And I think Baingil after creating this magnificent theme, probably knows just about as much as anyone on the internet when it comes to forummotion or phpbb or whatever! So that also seems a fine choice!

But really I think everyone should really be applauded; I have been a member of many failed forums and websites and I'm pretty sure that many other sites would have just disbanded completely if they were sold off! Smile But it's a testament to the greatness of all the members who made this site what it is! WELL DONE EVERYONE! cheers

King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. That is why I am your king.

Dennis the Peasant: Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Saradoc
Saradoc
Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:48 pm

No problem with your choices here! Very Happy

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:41 pm

Seeing that I am the Queen of Forumshire, I think it's only proper if I knight both of them! (Never got to knight you, Eldo, but lates better than never!)

I, Queen Tinuviel, Her Majesty, Lady of Forumshire, Wife of Beren, Daughter of Thingol, Finest Nose, dub thee, Sir Eldorion, Sir Pettytyrant, and Lady Baingil knights of Forumshire. Now, rise as Knights!!! queen

There, that's settled!

Staff nominations Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:28 am

I, Baingil, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of an Admin of Forumshire, and I will to the best of my ability preserve, protect, and defend the... er, we don't have a constitution, do we? Okay, I'll preserve, protect and defend the citizens of Forumshire, then.

I'm honored to be offered a position like this, and that everyone (so far) seems to be agreeable about it. A special thanks goes to Eldo for getting me to join the forum in the first place, encouraging me to post, and then offering advice (or approval) of my playing around with stuff for the forum.

Another special thanks to Queen Tinuviel for the title of Knight. Very Happy

And a congratulations to Petty, who, despite his crabbitness and overindulgence in buckie, definitely deserves the position of Mod more than anyone. (He deserves the buckie too, I suppose. For this occasion, at least. Rolling Eyes )
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:41 am

Congratulations, Baingil. I have high hopes for you. I don't think those Unrespectable folk have quite totally brainwashed you. But Mr Tyrant? I mean to say... Shocked He's a scion of the McTyrants! Eegad! Shocked Did you know he was a "Mod" long before he was considered as a candidate for Moderator! (((((Watches The Mighty Boosh, you know! Iffy sort! Suspect )))))

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:14 am

I have gone ahead and promoted Petty and Baingil based on the very positive reaction here. Very Happy Congratulations, guys! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tech Admin Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:18 am

In other words, this is Baingil. Wink
Tech Admin
Tech Admin
Former Staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:19 pm

Wow I've been knighted! Me, a drunken crabbit retrobate from Scotsdale! I am honoured Tin, however - anyone got a tissue- just one suggegstion your Maj- no, need something bigger, pass me that towel, thanks- perhaps before you knight anyone else it might be a good idea - going to need , ah, grab that table cloth would you, yeah that should about do it- if you stayed off the buckie first, what with the sword and all- now, has anyone seen a right ear?

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:25 pm

Maybe it fell in that barrel of buckie over there. Shrugging
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:58 pm

Aha, thank you once again Baingil. Lucky that, what with buckie being a natural preservative, or at least it pickles your liver so I assume it must be. Right anyone got a needle and a bit of thread? Oh dear thats quite a lot of blood! pale (THUMP)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Baingil Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:04 pm

Pickled ear. Somehow I don't think I'd like that dish.
Baingil
Baingil
Guest of Eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Squach Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Staff nominations Atomic

hee hee hee

Staff nominations Jawdrop

omg

I like poking things with sticks. Get over it.
Bouncy bouncy  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bounce  bouncy bouncy Smile
Your mum.
Squach
Squach
Princess Of All Things Fashionable

Location : Brit-rain. Yorkshire, yo. On the sofa poking Kafria.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:45 am

Yes, I agree, it's quite exciting. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:13 am

What was that about buckie and swords? drunken

Sorry about that petty Shocked

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:03 am

No worries Tin. The buckie cleaned all the wax out out of it and JaneSmith got some of her girls at the school to sow it back on as part of their Emergency Needle-work Course, so alls well. Just having a peep in the looking glass now.... affraid You stupid little *!#**. You've sown it on upside down! Banghead

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:14 pm

Shocked Come here petty, I'll get my great grandson to fix it (he's an expert healer you know Nod )

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:15 pm

Very kind of you, your Maj. Much better. I like those Valinoreon hospitals, not a needle in sight and the staff sing you to sleep at night-(whether you want them to or not). Sadly their 'no buckie policy' forced me to leave early (what do they mean its not a health tonic? It says so right there on the bottle can't they read in Valinor? Mad )

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Staff nominations Empty Congrats to Baingil and PT!

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:36 am

Baingil, the site looks great! And Petty, I thought you already WERE a moderator. I'm happy for you both!
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:45 am

I've been trying to avoid the job- it interferes something awful with buckie drinking does responsibility. The two for some reason just don't go together. However its unwise to turn down being knighted by Queen Tin, her nose is exquisite but like all royals her temper is a tad on the sharp side, as is her sword, and Beren has an even shorter temper, not prone to deep thoughts Beren he does however (to quote Douglas Adams) have muscles which move about like a couple of volkswagons parking, overall seemed easiest, and safest, just to accept the job.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Staff nominations Empty "If nominated I will not run, if elected I will not serve." -Lyndon Baines Johnson

Post by The Wobbit A Parody Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 am

I'm glad you've accepted the greatness thrust upon you, PT.

And I'm glad I looked up that quote. General Sherman said it first after the (American) Civil War, and LBJ was quoting him when he chose not to serve a second term.

Anyway, I'm sure being a Forumshire moderator will be more fun than overseeing the escalation of the Vietnam War.

-Paul
The Wobbit A Parody
The Wobbit A Parody
Ringwinner

http://thewobbitaparody.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 am

The Wobbit A Parody wrote:I'm glad you've accepted the greatness thrust upon you, PT.

Yes, I finally managed to rope him in. Razz

Anyway, I'm sure being a Forumshire moderator will be more fun than overseeing the escalation of the Vietnam War.

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:02 am

"I finally managed to rope him in."-Eldo

I still have the burns. He can be very literal can Admin.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next