halfwise
bungobaggins
Orwell
12 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Art of Survivaling - Page 5 Empty Re: Art of Survivaling

Post by Bluebottle Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:25 pm

Hehe, I was more refering to the process really. I don't think it's specifically fjordlandian. It's very good anyway.

I guess we have the same thing with food culture here, italian food, or at least a local attempt at such, being very prominent in at least the modern food culture.

I do wonder a bit at vol -au-vents being considered particularily british, while garlic bread is seen as completely foreign. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:06 pm

Ah, we fill those with creamy chicken or turkey stew and call it "Chicken a la King". That's it, that's all we use them for.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Of course, I prefer to survive eating proper Oz foodstuffs.... principles being more important than actual surviving.... Very Happy

Blue, it appears your Dad and I have much in common, except that he seems to know what he is doiing... Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:14 am

Laughing

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:32 am

Why is the truth so funny, I wonder? scratch

Btw -- I have moved Aquaponics Tank 1 after acidentally killing my fish with too much chlorine -- don't ask... So I'm going to have to wait for my water to stabilise so I can thow in more. But I have planted out to cucumbers, lettuces, bok choi, basil and chives -- good wholesome Oz indigenous foods, and I am feeding with fertilizer made from carp and another from seaweed for time being.

I do still have to work out where to put my cranberries - but they're still kicking. Dave H was right - mine were just dormant at one stage. It's always good to know when the advice from another cranberry expert is right. Hooray! cheers  {{{Dave, I have (another)  cunning plan for them. You'll see. Nod }}}

Aquaponics Tank 2 is in process too. Anyway, I'm off to research more brilliant schemes. study  You see, we Survivaliminists never sleep --- except at night, that is.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:43 pm

'after acidentally killing my fish.... I am feeding with fertilizer made from carp'

And theres the whole cycle of life!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:02 pm

Orwell wrote:Blue, it appears your Dad and I have much in common, except that he seems to know what he is doiing... Nod

I'm not sure he would agree with that, Laughing but he would certainly appreciate you saying so. Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't know the first thing about aquaponics and I've forgotten most of what I did know about gardening, but I think it's really cool what you're doing, Orwell. I hope it brings you happiness as well as tasty food. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:29 am

My poor fish were growing so nicely. I planted them in Gaia's good earth and now corn is growing on top of them. The American Indians did that, though they didn't kill them with chlorine first. No F^%&$g town water supply... Mad Oh yes, if you top up your aquaponics tank with town water containing chlorine, whatever you do, don't go to bed and forget to turn the tap off! It's good advice. I know it is... Sad Actually, come to think, it might have been flouride. Same result anyhow. But you're still right, Petty, cyclelee speaking. Very Happy

Oh Blue - there is no such thing as a garden expert because Gaia is emotional not logical and can be a right bitch when you least expect it. Mad (Actually, like most wom... no, better not say it.. pale )

Eldo, I don't want to burst your bubble, but killing fish you've grown for eighteen months is not cool. No, not a bit cool... Sad Survivalism was never meant to be easy, methinks. Very Happy

Reminder to self: Must make a new youtube clip.

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:09 pm

cheers this is better than peejers blogs
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:43 pm