Forest Shepherd
chris63
halfwise
Amarië
Eldy
13 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer Empty "LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer

Post by Eldy Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:22 pm

We finally have a title, more than four years after the show was announced. Shocked

Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer Empty Re: "LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer

Post by Amarië Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:40 pm

Proper Rs in Mordor. That's good.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer Empty Re: "LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer

Post by Eldy Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:41 pm

The Hollywood Reporter has some additional details, including a quote from the showrunners:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/lord-of-the-rings-rings-of-power-tv-show-amazon-1235077310/

“This is a title that we imagine could live on the spine of a book next to J.R.R. Tolkien’s other classics. The Rings of Power unites all the major stories of Middle-earth’s Second Age: the forging of the rings, the rise of the Dark Lord Sauron, the epic tale of Númenor, and the Last Alliance of Elves and Men,” said showrunners J.D. Payne & Patrick McKay. “Until now, audiences have only seen on-screen the story of the One Ring — but before there was one, there were many… and we’re excited to share the epic story of them all.”

This would seem to suggest they're attempting the entire 3000-year arc of the Second Age, which ... I'm not entirely convinced is possible without a lot of timeline compression. But who fuckin' knows? :pac:
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:47 pm

I'm glad they've got the focus right.  Not impressed with the trailer - aside from the lack of real content in the visuals the voice-over should send chills down your spine, and it just doesn't.  That poem is no job for a teeny-bopper.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:33 am

A teenage Galadriel maybe Halfy?

Trailer looked ok, wasn't cheap and nasty.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:59 am

It actually wasn't CGI!

https://www.ign.com/articles/lord-of-the-rings-the-rings-of-power-title-creation

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:12 am

Oh my gawd a trailer

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:59 am

A few extra pictures on here.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:33 am

{{ Agree with Amarie- good to hear proper rolling Rrr's in there. Not so sure about the choice of speaker, I assume its meant to be Galadriel though less happy she sounds like she is still waiting on puberty to come over the horizon (she is already pretty damn old by the 2nd Age so why does she sound like a teenager?) I assume they choose her because THATS WHAT PJ DID. Which I suspect is going to be a running theme in this show which is a terrible shame as my own view of the films is not they did so well because of how they adapted Tolkien, but rather Tolkien's themes and story managed to shine through in spite of how they were adapted. Time will tell, but this doesn't do anything to convince me they are going to try to be faithful to Tolkiens style or themes just because they remembered to roll their R's. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:23 am

From what I can find, it was the actress who is cast as Galadriel that narrates the trailer.

Cate Blanchett has quite a distinctive voice so I think most casting choices would have sounded younger.

Is there anything inherent in the word Mordor when spoken by Elves that means they roll the Rs or is it just a PJ thing? It is only the Elves (and Elf raised Aragorn) that do it if I remember correctly.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:30 pm

Cate has a proper thespian voice, this new chick was a bit bland.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:48 pm

Is there anything inherent in the word Mordor when spoken by Elves that means they roll the Rs or is it just a PJ thing? It is only the Elves (and Elf raised Aragorn) that do it if I remember correctly.- Lance

{{ No its how Tolkien says it should be pronounced with a rolled r.}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 pm

I got the reference to how the trailer was made from that, Chris; but didn't post the video because I felt they wasted 24 minutes talking about a trailer with no content!

chris63 wrote:A few extra pictures on here.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:28 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:Cate has a proper thespian voice, this new chick was a bit bland.

She was worse than bland, she sounded like a high school student reading from a note card instead of a proper actress who had memorized and internalized her lines.  "Three rings for the Elven KINGS...um....under the sky"

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:09 pm

Some details on here we might of missed.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:49 pm

If they are telling stories of all the rings, then we have more reason to be multi-racial. Sauron stretched out south and east.

The music was Howard Shore? Have to give it another listen. I suspect he'll mainly be used for the title sequences.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:44 pm

{{ It was always the case the story had the scope for being multi-racial within Tolkiens original writing. Still not an excuse for multi racial hobbits though. Thats one reason that particularly annoys me in fact, its not needed in a story that already provides all the room you need for multi-racial characters to make hobbits that way. They can and should have remained white and essentially English and Easterings, Haradrim then provide the racial differences, as they do already.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:32 am

Talking of which I just had a flame war in the Guardian with some patronising shits who refuse to believe that Hobbits are not only unashamedly white but also based on the white English people living in the villages around Birmingham where Tolkien lived. They refuse to accept that Hobbits are white English people, like its something bad, or racist to insist that they are in fact fucking white and English. fucking hell, it makes me want to go over to GB News. At least they don't try to gaslight you about fucking the colour of Hobbits skin. Actually GB News is more and more somewhere I find sensible over certain issues and I never thought I would say that. Obviously over Brexit and the Tories we are miles apart and total opposites, but for identity politics I wholly agree with them, the Left is off its trolley and getting madder by the day.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:07 am

Laughing Hearing about your multiple furfights on other sites is like watching a tomcat stalk home every few nights scratched and scarred and unapologetic. We know wild whirling happenings are out there, but all we get to see are the ragged remnants of battle as you reclaim your evening patch of carpet to lick yourself clean.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:13 am

{{{ Laughing Though I kinda of feel like I'm being cheated on! Sofa Maybe I should go over to the Who thread and start a debate about why Moffats female characters are amongst the best written in television- for old times sake. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:19 am

*Shudder*

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:40 pm

Extremely Crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:43 pm

{{ Sofa Think I might just stay behind here for a bit pale ...ah bugger it! I forgot to bring my buckie with me! No }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:53 pm

It all starts with GB News.... it ends with Alex Jones
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jan 21, 2022 2:43 pm

Don't worry, it wont, most of them on GB News are freaks. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next