Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
Forest Shepherd
halfwise
chris63
13 posters

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next

Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Ah well in fairness I wrote the first one off the top of my head, drunk and sitting on the bog Nod
And I think the seige should be long and bleak, one of the many things I hate about PJ's version of the Last Alliance is the choreographed elves, making it look like it was just a bit of a stroll outside that day for a well practised excercise routine as opposed to being a brutal slog that lasted years and was devestating to both sides. The entire thing from Dagorlad on would basically have the bleakness and bruitallity of a serious WW1 drama/documnetary. }}

sitting on the bog?
some syrup of Figgs could help with that. pale affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazon, Warner Bros in Talks for LOTR Series Adaptation: Variety

Post by halfwise Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:52 pm

{{{ Embarassed I'm not touching that one. }}}

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:07 pm

{{ Not sure I am either! But in good news I did make it off the bog...well slid down the side of it, same thing... drunken }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Mar 22, 2021 12:52 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:49 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Not sure I am either! But in good news I did make it off the bog...well slid down the side of it, same thing... drunken }}

Doesn't one slide into a bog rather than off a bog? It's not a toadstool.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:55 pm

Those two guys are certainly perky.  Taking it in bits.  Haven't zeroed in on where their accent is from.

Addendum: they're just chatting, don't have the insights and good guesses we've seen in other vids. I thought their laser focus on Numenor was off base until I checked back and saw that most of Petty's version is also set in Numenor. I disagree: you can't have the forging of the rings of power be a side story here. So I favor starting the story not long before Sauron charms his way into Eregion, then shifting the focus to Numenor later. Have episodes from Numenor become more and more frequent, but never lose touch with middle earth completely either.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 pm

I checked back and saw that most of Petty's version is also set in Numenor...So I favor starting the story not long before Sauron charms his way into Eregion, then shifting the focus to Numenor later. Have episodes from Numenor become more and more frequent, but never lose touch with middle earth completely either.- Halfy

{{ I think my version does that- if you take the first episode the main Numenor part is the Men following the star to it and introducing Elrond and Elros- with benefit a lot of audience already know Elrond. And we see the founding of the Grey Havens, another familar location for the film viewers.  The main bulk though we follow the two dwarves- I envision them serving a similar purpose as R2D2 and C3PO  in the first twenty minutes of SW. And thats all ME Ered Luin and Eregion. And we get more familar faces with Galadriel and Celeborn. And then the Ent storyline, and another familar face, before ending with Elros passing. So we've jumped 400 years so we dont see the actual buildingof stuff in Numenor, by time we check back in thats all established.But Elros choice to be mortal, Elronds choice to be elven it is a good opportunity to introduce the difference between elves and mortals when they die which is key later in understanding Numenors attempt to seize the Undying Lands and all that follows.
But its majority ME set. We touch in on Numneor for mainly reasons of time keeping- as we can show how much time has passed by how old the actor looks. The Numenor focused episodes in terms of set there, are things like the rise of the first female Queen, or to establish someone who is going to be important in events taking place in ME, but those episodes are there also to fill out Numenor culture, beliefs ect so the viewer can see how they change over time and play into Saurons eventual ability to so easily corrupt them. And just as a break from the majority ME set epiosdes. Always good to give a change of scenario every so often.}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:15 pm

I'm totally for trading back on forth in setting, but I think your original written description is somewhat different from what you had in your head. What's written seems strongly weighted towards Numenor from the second season on.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 22, 2021 8:19 pm

{{ Yes but its Numenors effect on ME, not about Numenor, its not set there, its set along the coast of ME and into Harad. And the rest is set in Eregion/Moria/ Fangorn Forest as it was. It'd not need to check in on actual Numenor any more than in first series. Its nearly all set in ME.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:48 pm

I'm hoping any grey horses will be grey enough!

Beyond that, I'm wondering who will rule Eregion when Annatar makes his move with the Mirdain? I'd call it a grey area in Tolkien's history but only because some people disagree with me (including Tolkien at one point) when I say
it's Kelebrimbor and not Galadriel and Keleborn.

:pokes hornet nest with a stick:

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:47 pm

Good to see you back here, Elthir!

I got the impression it was a triumvirite of sorts before Galadriel wandered off, as she seemed wont to do during the second and third ages.  But how much do Elves really need ruling anyways?  I'd think the silvan elves in Lorien were quite content doing their thing before Galadriel and her lot showed up.

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Mar 24, 2021 3:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:56 pm

Thanks Halfy!

My bet is that the show will go with Tolkien's idea from Concerning Galadriel and Celeborn in Unfinished Tales, in which (very briefly described) Galadriel and Celeborn found and rule Eregion until being overthrown by Celebrimbor and the Mirdain, influenced by Sauron.

Generally speaking, I think this tale doesn't concern Galadriel and Celeborn all that well  Wink

But anyway, my interpretation is that Tolkien changed his mind here, which helps with the question even Christopher Tolkien brings up with respect to the idea in CG&C, and arguably does not lessen Galadriel's judgement in comparison to Gil-galad's -- who became a Finarfinian, related to, and younger than, Galadriel.

It's my view that JRRT revised this to: Celebrimbor becomes a Feanorean and the ruler of Eregion (Appendix B, second edition) -- and under his watch Sauron infiltrates.

Admittedly this leaves more questions about what Galadriel did in Eregion, but there it is.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:59 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:58 pm

So I looked this director up; he did two Dr Who back in 2017 and one in 2019; but more interesting to me is he's done a few episodes of Dirk Gently's Detective agency, which is a series I didn't know existed. Actually scratch I think Petty slid an episode this way and I didn't think much of it.

But this guy has been around, that's about all the read I can get on him.

Another question: do you suppose Amazon will charge Amazon Prime members for this series, or will it be used to drive up membership in Amazon prime? I'm guessing the second. I've found Prime to be well worth the price, so hope this will add to the experience.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:02 pm

{Which two episodes? Or alternatively whats the directors name? And which Dirk Gently- theBBC tv version or the US made TV version? }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:10 pm

{{Ah cool in vid! drunken As far as his Who work goes its ok. There was nothing about Empres of Mars made it stand out to me direction wise, but nor was there anything bad to note about it either. Lie of the Land has some more interesting direction, heres a scene from it-

And Reslution is probably about as good as Chibnal Who has got, which isnt good but heres a scene from it-

He will of course have more finances and resources for Amazon. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:12 am

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:31 pm

This guy is repetitive.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:44 pm

Who's this?

https://twitter.com/Crownforking/status/1387352206454755332?s=09

Don't no if there pictures from Lotr series or game of thrones series.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:55 pm

{{ Game of Thrones prequale House of the Dragon.
So far there hasn't been anything more from the LotR's sets than a few long distance shot sof producion tents and stuff.
I did hear however that the budget, episodes, advertsising/marketing, rights etc was now at a cool 1 billion dollars! Shocked Easily making it the most expensive tv show ever made. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:06 pm

Yeah, if "House of the Dragon" didn't give it away, those look more like Targeryans than elveses.  Elveses don't dress all in black.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:36 pm

Agree with Halfy, those pics look very much like Targaryens with the long, white hair and the robery.

I have Fire and Blood on my bookshelf but haven't read it yet. Not sure if I should before the series starts.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed May 26, 2021 1:21 pm

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed May 26, 2021 2:22 pm

Wait, Disney owns MCU? Egad.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri May 28, 2021 2:00 am

{{ I think Im going to need a bigger crabbit meter for this Mad }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 22  Next