We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+11
chris63
Mirabella
odo banks
Orwell
malickfan
Forest Shepherd
Mrs Figg
David H
azriel
halfwise
Amarië
15 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Mar 23, 2020 5:24 pm

Typical Forumshire response in here lol

They shut most things down here too, in the Bay Area starting on March 17th, and then generally some time after that, I forget when. Anywho, I've been holed up at home mostly, played some computer games, worked on my cabin. But this next weekend my girlfriend's coming down and we're going hiking down at Pinnacles. Hopefully the balance of people out-of-work and wanting to hike, and people not wanting to leave their house isn't going to mob the park. :/

Figgs are you in Italy?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:27 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Typical Forumshire response in here lol

They shut most things down here too, in the Bay Area starting on March 17th, and then generally some time after that, I forget when. Anywho, I've been holed up at home mostly, played some computer games, worked on my cabin. But this next weekend my girlfriend's coming down and we're going hiking down at Pinnacles. Hopefully the balance of people out-of-work and wanting to hike, and people not wanting to leave their house isn't going to mob the park. :/

Figgs are you in Italy?

yep I am, and stuck inside the house for the next couple of weeks/months. No  luckily we have a garden.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:54 pm

But this next weekend my girlfriend's coming down and we're going hiking down at Pinnacles.

Is this the 1st gen Asian? Sounds like you threaded the cultural needles there.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:28 pm

Laughing A restaurant in Chicago which was closed to all but takeout orders started offering a free roll of toilet paper with each order...and was so successful they had to hire extra staff!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/2020-03-23-restaurant-toilet-paper-free-beacon-tap-des-plains-illinois-23959207.html

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:15 pm

Boris Johnson is making some sort of speech/announcement tonight at 8.30pm (London time), my girlfriend's work is closing down tomorrow for the foreseeable future, as is the shop where I used to work, both shops are part of large national chains.

I'm going to take a random guess and say he is announcing a London wide lockdown, more restrictions on public transport and the closing of non essential businesses.

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:24 pm

This is why Italy will soon have this epidemic defeated. Laughing pure crabbit unleashed by regional mayors. Laughing

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 pm

{{ This just happened outside my window Smile }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:49 pm

NEWS of the PURE wrote: Farmer Dave informed us," I've been having trouble with that Scottshobbit for some time and his, um, fertilizing help.

Sometimes "Social Distancing" is best measured with a shotgun.... Mad

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 UJpDi We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:46 pm

{{{ Shocked pale

Boris has put the UK into Lockdown. }}

'From this evening people must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.
Shops selling non-essential goods are being told to shut and gatherings in public of more than two people who do not live together are to be prohibited.
If people do not follow the rules police will have the powers to enforce them, including through fines and dispersing gatherings - BBC

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:28 pm

its about time.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ This just happened outside my window Smile }}

That's nice, lifts your spirit, you don't feel so alone because some people are alone, and your mind can wander & time feels so much bigger & emptier than you.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Im curious ? Who is going to implement fines if groups of people are out ? There's a £1000 fine if you don't pick up dog poo & no one can implement that one, there's dog poo everywhere.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:15 pm

halfwise wrote:
But this next weekend my girlfriend's coming down and we're going hiking down at Pinnacles.

Is this the 1st gen Asian?  Sounds like you threaded the cultural needles there.
2nd generation, her parents are from Vietnam. I have yet to meet the family, as per your advice lol.

Petty, I had trouble making out detail, but that's someone playing pipes outside on the street?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:18 pm

{{ Yeah dont bother with the visual side Forest, camera couldnt even find the focus in the dark, it was just the sound I was trying to record really- yeah lone piper turned up played few tunes, that was end of Flower of Scotland. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:21 pm

Ah nice, I like the car horn at the end, nice touch. So the UK being on lockdown means up where you are as well?

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:33 am

{{ Yup total lockdown- your only allowed out once a day for excercise or supplies. Soon police will have power to issue fines for those breaking social distancing rules.

Saw Trump's press conference last night- sorry America but Eru help you with him in charge- the undercurrent of the whole thing was the economy is more important than the lives.
Talk of this being over in weeks is a bad joke, America seems particularly unprepared for this and seems to think its immune, at least at Federal level. And I fear your health system is about to be exposed for the horror story the rest of the world already thinks it is.
If Trump continues on in this vein I can sadly see Amercia by the end of this having more deaths and cases than any other nation in the world.

My message to the US members here is ignore your national government, act as if exclusion is already in force, dont gather in groups of more than two, if you have to go shopping make sure you wear gloves, wash your hands completely whenever you have had to go out, even if you have gloves on. Dont use public transport especially tube trains. No cinemasn, restraunts, or any such public places.
This one isnt a drill or media hype! Stay safe Forumshire!}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:35 am

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:21 am

{{ Outside the care home I used to work in }}

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArdnahein%2Fvideos%2F224706038899239%2F&show_

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:19 am

Fortunately our state governors know when to take matters into their own hands, and have. But that does mean patchwork enforcement, so we can't do what China seems to have accomplished and strangle it before the whole population gets infected. If one state stops it, it will just come back seeded from somewhere else. So we'll be in this for the long haul.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Yup total lockdown- your only allowed out once a day for excercise or supplies. Soon police will have power to issue fines for those breaking social distancing rules.

Saw Trump's press conference last night- sorry America but Eru help you with him in charge- the undercurrent of the whole thing was the economy is more important than the lives.
Talk of this being over in weeks is a bad joke, America seems particularly unprepared for this and seems to think its immune, at least at Federal level. And I fear your health system is about to be exposed for the horror story the rest of the world already thinks it is.
If Trump continues on in this vein I can sadly see Amercia by the end of this having more deaths and cases than any other nation in the world.

My message to the US members here is ignore your national government, act as if exclusion is already in force, dont gather in groups of more than two, if you have to go shopping make sure you wear gloves, wash your hands completely whenever you have had to go out, even if you have gloves on. Dont use public transport especially tube trains. No cinemasn, restraunts, or any such public places.
This one isnt a drill or media hype! Stay safe Forumshire!}}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

{{ Watching Trump live on Fox news- seems the US citizen doesnt have a dollar value! Keeping Trump's economy strong is more important than lives!
He actually just said that flu kills thousands every year and America doesnt close down so this should be same- does he even know this isnt flu? Or that the mortality rate is far higher than flu? Mad Glad (yet again) I wasnt born American! Its going to be a disaster there when this virus really starts accelerating and peaking there. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:10 pm

I'm glad the States have so much independent authority in these times. If we could build a wall at the Mississippi River right now, not many of my neighbors would complain.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 UJpDi We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:03 am

Why did the sound keep cutting out? Mad

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Outside the care home I used to work in }}

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FArdnahein%2Fvideos%2F224706038899239%2F&show_

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:05 am

My tracking and modelling suggest that by the end of next week we'll be above 5% infection rate here in NYC, which means people will seriously start to notice. Then it's like the end of a fireworks show for a few weeks, and finally about 6 weeks from now it'll all be ashes raining down.

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Watching Trump live on Fox news- seems the US citizen doesnt have a dollar value! Keeping Trump's economy strong is more important than lives!
He actually just said that flu kills thousands every year and America doesnt close down so this should be same- does he even know this isnt flu? Or that the mortality rate is far higher than flu? Mad  Glad (yet again) I wasnt born American! Its going to be a disaster there when this virus really starts accelerating and peaking there. }}

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:20 am

{{ Reading the news hedlines out of America here and the summaries Trump just seems so out of touch with reality as to be insane, for example, from the BBC webpage-

'New York Governor Andrew Cuomo has pleaded for medical supplies, warning Covid-19 is spreading in his state faster than "a bullet train".
He said the federal government was not sending anywhere near enough lifesaving equipment to confront the crisis.
New York now has over 25,000 confirmed virus cases and at least 210 deaths.
The World Health Organization (WHO) said on Tuesday the US has the potential to become the new epicentre of the coronavirus pandemic.

The warnings come as President Donald Trump said he hoped the US would reopen for business next month.'

Its as if on one side you have the reality of the situation, and on the other the inside of Trumps head- and he doesnt know they arent the same place! Shocked }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:51 am

He sees both his business and his election chances being threatened by long-lasting shutdown, and since all he cares about is himself, he's taking action. So I'd say he's not disconnected from reality at all.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next