Bluebottle
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
Amarië
Mrs Figg
14 posters

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 pm

I have no problem with people complaining about aspects of Moffats work- I have done it myself, you only need to go back and read all my episodes reviews to see that clearly.

What I do object to is spurious claims like he is homophobic when all the evidence in the episodes indicate otherwise, or that he is responsible for the messianic Doctor when again the evidence is in utter contradiction of that.

When baseless claims are made they should be challenged with the evidence, some people dont seem to like evidence proving them wrong however or cannot accept the evidence when it laid out clear as day before them.

I mean can anyone watch the vid I posted on the proper Who thread where the Doctor rises up on the prayers of the planet and say with a straight face its not Messianic? Come off it.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:13 pm

Laughing 

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Twelve_doctor_and_clara_and_ugly_sweaters_by_akrpt-d6gvvly_zps68ff7ade
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:16 pm

I like this, i think it may sum up their relationship, he being older and more like a barmpot uncle or something

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Tumblr_mtwxxunM2l1qkya43o1_500_zps3a3da446
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I have no problem with people complaining about aspects of Moffats work- I have done it myself, you only need to go back and read all my episodes reviews to see that clearly.

What I do object to is spurious claims like he is homophobic when all the evidence in the episodes indicate otherwise, or that he is responsible for the messianic Doctor when again the evidence is in utter contradiction of that.

When baseless claims are made they should be challenged with the evidence, some people dont seem to like evidence proving them wrong however or cannot accept the evidence when it laid out clear as day before them.

Do get over yourself, theres a good chap. why are you taking this so personally, its not about you, its about being free to have an opinion and post stuff that I find interesting, but for the last couple of pages all you have done is spread nasty insults and negative vibes, which is the Whole reason I started this thread in the first place. ironic or what.  is this a deomocracy of free spirits? or is this just a smokescreen until someone steps out of line? seems a bit like TORn at the moment.  Rolling Eyes  srsly chill when i say free and balanced if someonebody comes here and says they love Moffat I wont try to force them with ten Youtube vids to change their mind, or tell them they are wrong, its personal opinion and should be respected.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:38 pm

This could all have gone on the existing Who thread- everything about this thread, including its title is a dig Mrs Figg as you well know.

This is a forum if you make a claim like Moffat is homophobic you must expect those who think the evidence is in clear contradiction of that to have their response.
If you just want somewhere to make post after post of anti Moffat blogs then a forum is probably not the appropriate place to do so.

I came back to the forum becuase I thought it was possible to rub along, but you seem deterined to prove me wrong on that and I am starting to think my error was not leaving, it was coming back.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 pm

so insults, now emotional blackmail? lets get this straight, over on YOUR thread if anyone says one tiny word against Moffat they get taken down and told, no matter how liberal their views, one whiff of criticism of Moffat and you browbeat. To be honest i got sick and tired of not being able to speak freely incase you a) got offended or b) offended me. so i started this thread NOT to piss you off really it started as a joke, a forumshire piss take if you will, as we do. But from the get go you took umbridge and got nasty and insulting, I dont think I deserved being called names and having insinuations thrown at me for a FUCKING POXY TV SHOW. Petty surely friendships here are worth more than being loyal to some bloke called Moffat. maybe not? anyway if you feel its time to take back control just say the word and I am gone. I will try to find another forum for free spirits. Or maybe none maybe they dont exist.

Anyway dont you DARE flounce off like you did before, we might not be able to stay on the same forum but if you do another disappearing trick you will affect the forum and upset people. people who are not involved in our shit so dont do it.

oh and another thing. stop being a dick and do the awards, people are waiting.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:48 pm

"Anyway dont you DARE flounce off like you did before"

Sorry to be the asshole, mrs Figg, but you're not the one to say this - has it been three or four times you've said "I'm out" and left, to return days or weeks later. You even threaten to do the same thing in that very post, and you accuse him of emotional blackmail? You've told Petty to get over himself. Maybe you should too.

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Feb 04, 2014 11:42 pm

fair enough. its on the pastures new then. cheers all.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:10 am

I dont know what sort of a reaction you expected from me Figg to this.

I mean Norc has never a bad word to say about Sherlock or Moffat, yet I cannot imagine you would ever choose to create a thread entitled 'Free and balanced Sherlock thread' then fill it with nothing but blogs hating on Sherlock- and if you did how do you think that would go down or make her feel? You would never do that.

Why is it different for me and why would you be surprised I would react negatively to such a thing?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:55 am

Sheesh. Some people were apparently very dissapointed with their christmas loot.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:23 am

I think Ive been bamboozled by enigmatic/romantic flashy know it all, tho totally sexy Dr Who's ?! I think I may have just lost the plot a tad. Wash away my inner feelings ( David tennant, whoar!) & look at what "Who" represented & who he was & Ive missed a bit. Ive missed what "who" was really about, no matter who wrote the scripts ! Some of "Who" is window dressing I think ? In the past it was about the story, would anyone say William Hartnell was a heart throb ?? Even if he was a good guy & played the part really well & the stories were great ? I wanna get back to the real, substance, the beginging of what & who "Who" is really about, ( oh gawd, all these 'who's' !) the bricks & mortar of it.

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:29 am

I dont think smith era Who is particularly romantic- and not at all with his companions.
The romantic thing started with the 8th Doctor and the TV movie (the first Doctor to kiss a companion), but NUWho took it to whole new levels with the 10/Rose love story- I never was happy or comfortable with that and Im still not.

I dont think Capaldi will be a kissing Doctor- but you never know!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:38 am

The romance side makes him to "human", & he's not. that, for me, was part of his mystique. Wondering who this man was & were he was from ? IF he really looked humanish at all ? it may be a disguise ? underneath he may really be a....... fishy thing ? IDK ! Once the kissing starts,the fantasy ends. Id like to see Capaldi free from all that, Id like to see his DR being more...logical, doesnt let emotions get TO much in the way ? Tougher I spose.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:42 am

I felt they got the Doctor reaction to such things pretty spot on when Amy tried to get into his pants- he reacts with bemusement, ignorance, uncertainty and eventually horror when it sinks in what she means- although its much longer and not so succinct it always reminds of 4's line to the Countess in City of Death- "You're a beautiful woman, probably."

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 2:53 am

I think Ive had that problem  Razz I feel for Amy  Nod  Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:00 am

I think Ive had that problem- Azriel

Laughing I cant believe thats true!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:14 am

true ! Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:16 am

Mrs Figg wrote:fair enough. its on the pastures new then. cheers all.

You make it pretty damn hard for me to respect you when you do this having just belittled Petty for saying he might "flounce off".

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:30 am

Perhaps we should just ban Dr Who threads!  Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:51 am

This whole thread...

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Shots-fired-o

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Shining2

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Patrick-stewart-crying

Alternative Doctor Who/Sherlock thread - Page 2 Michael-Scott-Failing-to-Hold-In-Laughter

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:27 am

Bungo, your signatur is a great ending to your post. Nod

I am out as well, I have been angry for days and now I am just tired. Cause what's the point? I was really enjoying the chance of getting to read other views. But we can't have that it seems. We CAN'T have this discussion in the who thread, we have tried.

(I am not abandoning my stories and I'll post or comment jokes and discussions that draws my attention. But Figgy's pasture does sound peaceful and welcoming.)

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:19 am

Maybe we could close the Who threads for a little - let things chill? Shrugging

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:27 am

Forums are a place for discussions and debate- not wholesale posting of other peoples blogs.
If you just want to read Who blogs there is a whole internet worth of the out there to go and read- there is no need at all to reproduce them here.
Nor has any subject ever been barred or close down on the Who thread (one of the longest and largest threads on the forum) what there is is robust debate- so if someone makes a claim like Moffat is homophobic it should be absolutely expected on a forum that those who dont agree say so and say why they think so.

There is no censorship involved save that which you impose on yourself.
If you really think that of Moffat then say so and provide the evidence that can be discussed which you think supports the case- simple- its called debating.

Its similar to the problem when discussing LotR's with Figgs- someone will point out a seeming flaw and Figg will just respond with the non statement 'Lord of the Rings is perfect'- nothing more, no reasoning, no examples, no explanation of the argument- and utterly useless for having a debate around.

I would suggest its such absolute statements which close down debate, not the robust discussion and exchange of ideas.

I don't agree Orwell- there are others post on there and there have been some good discussions lately of classic Who which some folks are watching for the first time- would be unfair to close them down over this.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:04 pm

Just found this thread. I think it was a great idea Figgy. I'm sad to say, as someone from outside the whole Who debate, Petty is coming off as, well, petty.

Some people just don't like Moffat as much as you do, mate. Suck it up. Personally I love most of his writing (No basis of opinion for Who), but don't see any reason for rabid angry personal counter attacks. Leave this thread alone - it has its place, you should accept it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:20 pm

I have no problem against the thrust of it Halfy but it was a deliberate antagonistic attempt to have a go at me. Nothing more.
I cant imagine for a second you would defend such a thread if it was set up by someone as say a rival Shelrock thread, with the sole intent of reposting blog after blog telling Norc how shit Sherlock was- I see no point to such a thread save to cause trouble- which is exactly what it did.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next