Saradoc
Pettytyrant101
odo banks
Ally
Squach
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shout outs! - Page 2 Empty Re: Shout outs!

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:33 am

The last few years those issues have been taken more seriously. It used to be like this: Conscripted boys were called in for "Sesjon" (no idea what this is in English, if it even is something outside Norway and Sweden). What this is, however, is an interview and some tests (to see if the person's health was satisfactory, plus some theoretical tests), and if you got good enough results on these tests, you'd be deployed (in lack of a better word) somewhere. The problem was, however, that quantity was preferred over quality, and practically everybody had to do their year, willingly or not.

But like I said, the last few years things have been handled differently. Now it goes down like this: at around 17/18, every single boy and girl* are sent some papers in the mail. You have to fill out these papers with information about your health, motivation, interests, schools etc, and send them back. Based on this information, loads of people are "weeded out". This process is now called "Sesjon: Part 1". If your answers/information in Sesjon Part 1 are satisfactory, you'll be called in for what is now called "Sesjon: Part 2". This is, essentially, the same as what used to be "Sesjon": Theoretical tests and health tests, followed by an interview. During Sesjon Part 2 even more people are weeded out. During the interview you are asked about where you want to serve etc. (if you want to serve at all that is - if you don't, it's usually enough to say that these days and they let you off the hook). You also have to score higher on the theory and health tests now to be accepted, in addition to giving a satisfactory interview. This way, through Sesjon Part 1 & 2 the psychos and the lazy f***s are declared "ikke tjenestedyktig" which means they're not fit for service in the army, and are sent back home to their comfy couches Wink

* This is new too. Girls have to attend Sesjon Part 1 & 2 now, but they're still not obliged to serve.

Last edited by Ringdrotten on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:44 am; edited 2 times in total

Shout outs! - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:41 am

Should find time for the Internet up there, so I'll still pop in from time to time Very Happy It's really not that bad in Norway these days either, Eldo. Like I explained in the above post, conscription is more or less voluntary these days.

To Petty:

About the training, forgot to answer that. Yes, you do get some training in shooting and all that (I guess that's self-explanatory). You also get lots of training in the particular "job" you're assigned for (again, lacking a better word). For instance, if you're assigned to operate a cannon, that's what you'll be trained in. You're also trained in more general stuff, most notably winter warfare (it's a cold country after all) and all that goes with it.

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:46 am

"This is new too. Girls have to attend Sesjon Part 1 & 2 now, but they're still not obliged to serve."

Sexism of the worst kind? (I'll check my copy of "The Female Eunuch". study )

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:51 am

I've always found it odd how Norwegian feminists always tend to avoid the subject.. Wink

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:21 am

American feminists tend to avoid draft issues too, though it's less of an issue now since the American military has been all-volunteer since the 1970s. Razz The whole conscription issue doesn't sound too bad though; I guess my mind just immediately jumped to the American draft, circa Vietnam. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:24 am

Very understandable Smile

Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:27 am

Shout out to that guy walking down the street that I thought was Bilbo!!!!

Shout outs! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:52 pm

Which one was that? I think he's gone now...

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:09 am

Oh, come now. There's no need to shout.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum