leelee
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
halfwise
Lancebloke
23 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [3]

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:18 am

Being an American sounds more fun than being a Fjordian this time of year - we've only got Christmas to look forward to (at least if you don't go around trashing houses on Halloween, like people seem to think is the point of the whole thing here Mad).

Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 Empty Re: Just...................whatever [3]

Post by leelee Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:32 am

Ringdrotten wrote:Hello, leelee, it's 14:24 pm here :)How are you these days? I noticed you were back here a few days ago, but I've not "met" you, so to speak, in that many threads yet. Could be because I've been staying out of the hobbit movie section lately in order to distance myself a little from the films, in the hope that I won't be too disappointed in December. Time will tell whether the strategy works or not ;)Right now I'm off to get some excercise - I've been watching Breaking Bad all day, and I'll have to do something soon to earn that dinner Laughing
I am fine, but my life has significantly changed since last November when |I had that frightening virus and it caused a neurogical storm which resulted for a while, about four months, not being able to talk well or use my right side For three days and nights I thought my life was over, I see my time here differently now, nothing is taken for granted, not a sunset nor looking into the face of people I love, my work and schooling, nothing. It is nice and also scary I guess.
I often wonder what you are doing and how you are walking on your unique path of life and at school. It seems that coming from where you do come from is some sort of magical place. It deeply affects how you think and what artistic accomplishments come forth. It is fascinating.
Third or fourth generation Canadians seem to live life without much thought to future or culture or well they just sort of live an don't think too much on consequences We are nice and polite but well I am not sure the majority know how we are different from USA because of so much saturation of their tv and films. That makes me sad, so I love learning about what you and the others here think and do As for the Hobbit, I guess I just think of it as a period piece and not much more and try to enjoy it as coming from the mind of Peter and Inc and not Tolkien
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:32 pm

Ringdrotten wrote:Being an American sounds more fun than being a Fjordian this time of year - we've only got Christmas to look forward to (at least if you don't go around trashing houses on Halloween, like people seem to think is the point of the whole thing here Mad).

Yeah, no thanksgiving and i have never really cared about halloween. People were always so reluctant to give out candy, especially old people, also there are a lot of conservative christians here who hate halloween. It has some fun parties and u can dress up but ... Other than that.. Meeeeeh.... 

Christmas is wayyyyy cooler Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Thanksgiving? Oh, you mean the pillaging of these native lands and peoples by Europeans. Sad 

I don't participate in Halloween, I just feel too old for it. But I do like when the candy goes on sale the day after. Twisted Evil 

Christmas is my favorite.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because for a long time it was the only one that we had big family and friends gatherings and my mom always goes all out and cooking for it.  Plus it takes place at a gorgeous time of year and there's always football games to watch (and sometimes play in the backyard). Thumbs Up

I haven't gone trick-or-treating on Halloween for a number of years but I do hand out candy to kids, which is fun too.  And I walk around the neighborhood to see all the decorations and costumes. Smile

Christmas is like the King of Holidays, though. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:41 pm

leelee wrote:
I am fine, but my life has significantly changed since last November when |I had that frightening virus and it caused a neurogical storm which resulted for a while, about four months, not being able to talk well or use my right side  For three days and nights I thought my life was over, I see my time here differently now, nothing is taken for granted, not a sunset nor looking into the face of people I love, my work and schooling, nothing.  It is nice and also scary I guess.
I often wonder what you are doing and how you are walking on your unique path of life and at school.   It seems that coming from where you do come from is some sort of magical place. It deeply affects how you think and what artistic accomplishments come forth. It is fascinating.
Third or fourth generation Canadians seem to live life without much thought to future or culture or well they just sort of live an don't think too much on consequences  We are nice and polite but well I am not sure the majority know how we are different from USA because of so much saturation of their tv and  films. That makes me sad, so I love learning about what you and the others  here think and do   As for the Hobbit, I guess I just think of it as a period piece and not much more and try to enjoy it as coming from the mind of Peter and Inc and not Tolkien
Did you ever mention your infection to us, Leelee? It would have been so typical of you not to, don't want to alarm people. I'm so glad you have recovered.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Halloween- children dressed up horribly wanting free sweets, and none of them do proper traditional Scottish guisiins any more where you have to tell a joke, or sing a song, or sweep the chimney, for your treat, no they just expect turning up the door and demanding them will do! Evil or Very Mad 

Xmas- more bloody people expecting freebies Mad Cant by a pint of milk or a loaf of bread because people seem to think they have to buy everything because the supermarket is closed for one sodding day Evil or Very Mad And wrapping presents whilst drunk (and you have to be very drunk I find to cope with the so called holiday season) and dont even get me started on the day itself Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:24 pm

I take it the joy of giving never made it to the Tyrant household? Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:53 pm

He's scottish, what do u think...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:52 pm

Eldorion wrote:I take it the joy of giving never made it to the Tyrant household? Razz

Ha ha ha. that is so rich! Reminds me of the Martin Short movie, Pure Luck, if you have not seen it, please do. It is about a man who works for a prestigious firm but who has terrible luck always. The presidents twenty something daughter is the same. She is in Mexico for a holiday, falls out the second story window, walks down a street and gets mugged and is in a coma. When she wakes up she asks someone if she is a Mexican, though she is blonde and blue eyed. He, Martin is hired to find her because he is the same.
At one point he is in hospital in a jungle and his roommate saw all his village and the people burned to the ground. Short explains to others that he has nightmares in Spanish! The man smokes and smokes and so Martin says " I guess you have not read the latest pamphlets on smoking?" In a primitive jungle setting?
I laughed for so long I had people ready to take me to the doctor. I LOVE YOUR SENSE OF HUMOUR.Laughing 

Halfsie I think I mentioned it after I thought I might live . I told Clayton my password so he could say goodbye to you all from me if I did not make it. And when I was really scared one night, and praying and weeping, because I could not bear leaving my family, I am sure I messaged Petty, he is a great comfort and understanding and gives great advice without pushing it at you, but I can't remember if I actually told him
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:09 pm

"As for the Hobbit, I guess I just think of it as a period piece and not much more and try to enjoy it as coming from the mind of Peter and Inc and not Tolkien" - leelee

I'm trying too, but it's not easy ;)Very sorry to hear that you were so ill, but also very glad to hear that you're feeling better now and are enjoying the days again. I wouldn't say Fjordlandia is any more magic than other places, you just got to learn to see what is around yourself, and appreciate it - be it culture, nature, or people :)Once again, glad to hear you're well, your words about not taking things for granted are true for all of us. Warren Zevon (a musician I keep mentioning here from time to time, and a big favourite of mine Wink) said when he was diagnosed with terminal cancer (at about 02:40):

Very well said, I think, and I often think of him and how good life is when I'm having a sandwich now, just because he said that Wink

Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:03 am

Now you see that is what I mean. He was a story teller, a poet , a conjuror of divinely wondrous work. My deepest condolences to Ariel and Jordan and the twins That just wounds my heart.

And thank you so very much for saying that Thank you.
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:39 am

Dancing around my bedroom while the dog watches, singing along (badly) to It's Raining Men. #boutdatlife

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:40 am

Now I have a wet pussy on my bed. Mad Mad

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:21 am

Yup. You've just been thoroughly de-closeted. Good for you, sweety. Good for you! Kissing 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:28 am

Hi Am, good to 'see' you. You are so one of kind, Sort of a Captain from Tin Tin, and Tin Tin and a beautiful Elf, and a shipbuilder. Man your husband must really have to hustle to be even a sleeve of a super hero compared to you. And I don't mean to belittle him, he is awesome to have caught you, but you're unbelievable
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by leelee Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:37 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Halloween- children dressed up horribly wanting free sweets, and none of them do proper traditional Scottish guisiins any more where you have to tell a joke, or sing a song, or sweep the chimney, for your treat, no they just expect turning up the door and demanding them will do! Evil or Very Mad 

Xmas- more bloody people expecting freebies :xCant by a pint of milk or a loaf of bread because people seem to think they have to buy everything because the supermarket is closed for one sodding day Evil or Very Mad And wrapping presents whilst drunk (and you have to be very drunk I find  to cope with the so called holiday season) and dont even get me started on the day itself Evil or Very Mad 
hmm, if ever there was a time ripening for you to be visited by three angels past present and future , I don't know when is.  Aw Petty, you have only to look at how your cats are loved to know the heart of you. I'll bet your little Celtic face is red from being pinched in gratitude from all the people you bring joy to at that time of year.Laughing

Last edited by leelee on Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : none of your beeswax inc.)
leelee
leelee
Free-est Spirit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 am

I'll bet your little Celtic face is red from being pinched in gratitude from all the people you bring joy to at that time of year.- leelee

From buckie, from a square go or from a lifestlye induced heart attack leelee, but never from joy! Mad 

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:29 am

Eldorion wrote:Now I have a wet pussy on my bed. Mad:x

and so angry..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:45 am

Must be getting near Christmas as it had suddenly gotten bloody cold outside. Had to get my big coat out for the first time since about April!!!

Stupid cold weather.

Glad the stupid hot weather is over though. That was a pain in the arse too.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:50 am

Prefer cold- can always put more clothes on, but heat I can only strip to naked and then I scare everyone away Evil or Very Mad {Nobody likes an overheated, sweaty, sunburnt naked Scotshobbit}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 IMG_3263_1-stein_5130152a
trolololoo.. we got snow in the mountains and frost in night so i am counting days until we have the first snow Very Happy still wearing converse, jeans and the autumn jacket Nod  (picture is from an article about a rock that came down after some troll-fighting night to thursday)
Just...................whatever [3] - Page 2 IMG_3268_1-red_5130156a
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:00 am

I assume the red circle is where the troll threw it from- thats a good throw, even for a troll Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:16 am

Nod yupp Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:11 pm

Cant be that heavy - its being held there by a stick.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum