MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

+9
gray gundulf
odo banks
Eldorion
Norc
Mrs Figg
halfwise
RA
Orwell
Pettytyrant101
13 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy. - Page 3 Empty Re: MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 05, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm not sure I like where this is going. No
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy. - Page 3 Empty Re: MacPetty- the Scottish Play. A Forumshire Tragedy.

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:12 pm

Well 'tis a tale for Halloween, just a bit late in arriving.

And remember this is the proper version, not the copy that Shaky put out, this is a serious meditation on crabbit and buckie with valuable life lessons for all about the drunken, crabbit psychology of humanity. Nod 
And not in anyway at all a cheap knock off of the original with the words buckie and crabbit inserted randomly into it Evil or Very Mad 

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:15 pm

{{{I really am enjoying it, you know. Wink}}}

MacBeth is probably my favorite Shakespeare, but that's largely because it was undoubtedly the best of the Shakespeare productions I've seen. I've never cared for reading plays, but I like seeing a full production. We used to go to the Folger Shakespeare Library in Washington, DC for the shows they had on a regular basis when I was younger. I saw a version of MacBeth directed by Teller (of Penn & Teller) and it was fantastic. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:17 pm

Did he use magic tricks and illusion to aid the story telling given the subject matter. Did his witches vanish into the air as the text implies?

Macbeth is also my favourite Shakespeare play.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:23 pm

Unfortunately I don't remember exactly because I saw it about four years ago.  My clearest memory is that of sword-wielding soldiers running up and down the aisles on the main floor as the play began.

Edit: looks like he did, but true to form he doesn't say how. Mad >link<
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Nov 05, 2013 11:58 pm

I'd have loved to have seen that. There isnt much in the way of live Shakespeare in my neck of the woods sadly. Ive only ever seen four Shakespeare plays performed live. Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 1:48 am

The Folger library is an amazing space, perfectly atmospheric. I wish I had seen Shakespeare performed in it, only been to a period music concert.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 3:16 pm

I prefer The Tempest.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:14 pm

I might do it another time Figg as it one of my favs too.
I wonder who should play Caliban?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:22 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I might do it another time Figg as it one of my favs too.
Oh come on, it's obvious. Twisted Evil

Or was it a rhetorical question?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:50 pm

Very Happy 

(I think Norc could make for a very different sort of and very funny Miranda and Prospero has to be Odo I think and Eldo for Ferdinand)

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:05 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Very Happy 

(I think Norc could make for a very different sort of and very funny Miranda and Prospero has to be Odo I think and Eldo for Ferdinand)
Oh, I thought Norc was a shoe-in for Caliban - but come to think of it I often confuse Caliban with Ariel and Ariel with Puck from a Midsummer's Night Dream. It's embarrassing.

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:08 pm

Orwell has to be Caliban, Odo as Prospero, Norc as Ariel, Figgy as Miranda, etc.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:12 pm

I thought of Figgy for Miranda, but given the youthful age of the characters and the love interests it seemed better suited to Norc/Eldo in those roles, plus I am already chuckling at some of Miranda's lines with a Norc spin. CC (wherever she has got to) for Ariel I think.

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:13 pm

Oh damn, how'd I miss Petty as Caliban?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:14 pm

Mad 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I might do it another time Figg as it one of my favs too.
Orwell
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:33 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I thought of Figgy for Miranda, but given the youthful age of the characters and the love interests it seemed better suited to Norc/Eldo in those roles, plus I am already chuckling at some of Miranda's lines with a Norc spin. CC (wherever she has got to) for Ariel I think.

Suspect  sod off
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:36 pm

What? Mirandas meant t be about 14 or 15 in the original play. That side of the story is very much about youth. So makes sense to me to cast Forumshire folks in the younger age bracket for those characters.
For the same reason I wouldnt pick myself, or Halfy, or Dave for Ferdinand either.
No comment on anyone beyond that thought was meant.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:41 pm

yeah I know but you dont have to rub it in. Mad 
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:07 pm

just a heads up for future reference. Any woman over the age of 35 is touchy about the Age thing. It gets on our tits and makes us grouchy and huffy, this will save you a lot of time and effort explaining, excusing, de-huffing and in extreme circumstances, pleading . Here to help. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:08 pm

I am rather enjoying getting older, so it never occurs to me its a touchy subject. Shrugging 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:27 pm

Sod off! Mad 

{{{ even if we don't understand them, we have to play with them Petty Shrugging  }}}

I'll be 14 till the day I die!

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:01 pm

I guess its hard for men to understand the shit we have to put up with. In Italy its glaringly obvious, all, (and I do mean all), women still fertile are expected to truss themselves up like prize turkeys for the viewing pleasure of men. All women are expected to wear makeup, heels and look good. Only after the menopause are women allowed to wear black and become fat. There is a demarcation line set in stone. Its like there are two tribes of women, before and after, its weird. In England the boundaries are more fluid and free, theres more rebellion against old stereotypes, 60 year olds in jeans that kind of thing, but here in Italy its medieval and it sucks. When the time comes the fuck I am wearing black.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:03 pm

Be not afeard; the isle is full of noises,
Sounds, and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
Will hum about mine ears; and sometime voices
That, if I then had waked after long sleep,
Will make me sleep again; and then in dreaming,
The clouds methought would open, and show riches
Ready to drop upon me, that when I waked
I cried to dream again.

It all makes sense now - after a fashion - and, yet, what abitter pill it is!

{{{Explains to some degree all the waking up in the early hours with anxiety for no apparent reason, and the drifting in and out of depression - and mostly when things are going well. Go figure! Shrugging}}}

Last edited by Orwell on Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:12 pm; edited 1 time in total

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next