chris63
Mrs Figg
halfwise
Pettytyrant101
azriel
19 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions [2]

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:50 pm

dont the Tibetans leave their bodies out on the mountains in a Sky burial? it seems like they want the person to become part of the elements but not part of the Earth like Christians do, but the Air and Sky, birds feast on the remains and then fly away, maybe they think the birds are spirits they can commune with or ancestors?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Empty Re: Religous debates and questions [2]

Post by David H Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:16 pm

I don't know too much about the sky burial, but I think it's an alternative to cremation in the high Himalayas where wood is impossibly scarce. I think smoke is important in most of these traditions as something that purifies and crosses between the worlds, so it's much better to have the mortal remains burned and returned to the air than buried and fed to the vermin. And a flock of eagles would be even cooler. Cool  (I'd think it would take a dedicated loved one to prepare the body for sky burial by dicing though...Shocked )
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 pm

Sorry to butt in but, I just found this on Ebay & Im sorry, but it made me giggle. Im thinking this is a ploy to get people excited ?
"Me and my daughter of 4 years old saw this doll in a charity shop, we were both lured into it but took a very different approach. I didn't like the doll straight away as I felt her buttons for eyes were uncomfortable whereas my daughter loved her, begged to take her home and insisted on calling her 'Christina'. She had a horrendous smell, I was even shocked she made it onto the shelves she was in such bad condition, so I chucked her in the washing machine for her to give her a fresher look. Something was still not right about the doll, even my dog barking in the dolls presence and he doesn't bark at anything apart from at other people?! Me and my husband couldn't deal with the barking so we tried to hide her on the top shelf but when we got home, the doll was on the floor ready to be played with - creepy as no one was home that day.... we ended up putting her in several high places only to find her back on the floor and once on the bed. The whole house felt actually strangely colder as soon as we bought the doll last Tuesday (my husband even called up our heating company to see if anything was wrong! Nothing was)
She just gives me the creeps and i don't know if this is related to the doll but the day after we bought her my daughter had frequent hot flushes and clear signs of the flu which was extremely strange as she has never had a flu in the summer.
I hope and pray to the person who buys her, they know exactly what they're in for because this is NOT a toy that should be given to a child!

PLEASE BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Posted with eBay Mobile
Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Ebaydoll_zps8492abb7

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 pm

Shocked 
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Im guessing sales ploy, but Im tempted to bid just to find out.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:39 pm

Im tempting to bid just to give it to someone I know ! Twisted Evil 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:55 am

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 1185764_520424858045222_82405034_n_zps52a2fcfa

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:41 pm

Very Happy :facepalm: Very Happy 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:30 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 1185764_520424858045222_82405034_n_zps52a2fcfa
lol! Got to love people who think of stuff like this Very Happy

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:52 pm

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 999114_10200304462808033_1639107228_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:10 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing 

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:49 pm

lol! 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Sep 03, 2013 3:55 am

Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 1239622_10200330177330880_1150929895_n

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:32 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 1185764_520424858045222_82405034_n_zps52a2fcfa
God clearly approves of homosexuality. How do we know this? As Brian's Mother said: "It's written." Very Happy 

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:35 am

chris63 wrote:Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 999114_10200304462808033_1639107228_n
For some reason, this reminds me of the important environmental research the Japanese are doing on the whales they sell at their markets. Don't know why exactly....Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Tue Sep 03, 2013 4:55 pm

chris63 wrote:Religous debates and questions [2] - Page 4 1239622_10200330177330880_1150929895_n
cheers cheers 

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Jehovah's Witnesses been visiting us lately. My other half decided to listen to what they had to say. Not sure why she did that. I wasnt home and then got told off for making notes against the 'big answers' in the leaflets they left.

They left some more a few days later.... I think they think we are converted.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Sep 03, 2013 6:15 pm

Just pointout to your missus what happens if she ever needs a blood transfusion to save her life, that should soon put a stop to the Witnesses. Nod 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Wed Sep 04, 2013 4:36 am

Thats how my sister got hooked, she wanted someone to talk to and got brain washed. Her husband my
brother in law hung himself and a lot of bad shit happened. She only leaves down the road aways but lucky to
see her once a year. JW is her family now not us. I hate religion. A trick of the church to keep a hold of the gullible.

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:11 pm

so sorry to hear that Chris, those JW and cults like that are dangerous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:32 pm

chris63 wrote:Thats how my sister got hooked, she wanted someone to talk to and got brain washed. Her husband my brother in law hung himself and a lot of bad shit happened. She only leaves down the road aways but lucky to
see her once a year. JW is her family now not us. I hate religion. A trick of the church to keep a hold of the gullible.
My sister is a Jehovah's Witness, and she rang me one night and it took all my vital reserves of toleration to remain... well, tolerant. Maybe in her fragile mental state it's giving her some solace, but it was hard for me to refrain from attacking her delusions out right... I was caught in this dilemna suddenly between respecting her feelings or telling her my version of the truth, which I usually do, but somehow I couldn't do it to my sister... though I put in a few delicate queries here and there about where her actual evidence came from  --- the Bible, apparently. Very Happy 

I shouldn't laugh, but she asked me if I really believed I was descended from an ape. I don't know why, but her assertion I wasn't descended from an ape amused me, I don't know why. (Of course, I assume I'm related to the Great Apes, and not to the ones that Scotshobbits are related to. Very Happy )

Actually, my elderly Mum is a JW too, sort of... Ladies come and see her regularly and it gives my Dad a break from her, she is in the early stages of dementia, so I guess it's not all bad, and if it gives my Mum a delusion to hang solace on, I can't complain. Dad's savvy enough not to let her sign anything though. Wink     

Sorry to hear about your situation, Chris.... and yep, I hate religion too. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:54 pm

I think your Jehovah's Witnesses must be more zealous than the ones around here. Most of ours are happy to talk about the weather, the crops, the idiocy in Washington DC. All stuff we can agree on.

If an overzealous young one ever tries to get contentious I just make an observation to the effect that I think nothing makes God sadder than good people arguing over trivialities.

That usually brings us right back to the weather. Very Happy 
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:55 pm

Yeah... that is religion gone bad. Sadly that happens too often. Like with other beliefs and convictions. Football, politics...

but she asked me if I really believed I was descended from an ape.
I thought of this when we were at a Zoo this summer, watching some Chimps relaxing. Your story came to mind and I thought once again: How can anyone look at them and NOT see that we're related?

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:02 pm

Amarië wrote:
I thought of this when we were at a Zoo this summer, watching some Chimps relaxing. Your story came to mind and I thought once again: How can anyone look at them and NOT see that we're related?
I've noticed that some people understand the world by it's similarities, and others understand it by its differences. If your focus in life is explaining to yourself why you're not like other people, then I can see how the ape argument would be threatening. It has at it's root the implicit assumption that all humans are basically the same.Nod
David H
David H

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:10 pm

I'm the only person I know who peeled bananas the way chimps do before it became fashionable to point out that nearly everyone eats them from the opposite end.  Chimps are experimental and logical; ironically people just tend to ape other people without thinking about it.  I'm very smug about my banana eating.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next