azriel
Norc
Mrs Figg
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
23 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by halfwise Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:15 pm

Eldorion wrote:
Yeah, I remember you came back just before the one year anniversary of the new forum. I was excited cause I thought you had been lost forever. It's been almost three years since you originally joined though. Checking my records ... you joined the old forum in January 2010 within a week of Petty. So in a way you're one of the oldbies. Wink

Wait, I joined a week after Petty?! Didn't take him long to instill the 'crabbit' meme, did it? I remember it being used by Odo about the time I joined.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: 3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:22 pm

Will respond to the rest later but looking at the Creative Corner awards for now...

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Creative corner suggestions.

Written
Best individual story.

Best serial.

Best drama

Best comedy

I like these but I think we should figure out how we want to handle the CC awards. I like the idea of both a stand-alone/serial split and a drama/comedy split but as it are there's going to be a lot of overlap between the first two and the latter two. Anyway, some of my own ideas.

Best Author - would probably be good for people like Orwell who write a LOT of short stories but not too many longer ones..

Best Setting - most inventive, creative, or detailed setting for a story.

Best Characters - award for characterization, dialogue, what have you.

Maybe these are a bit too serious or artsy for the spirit of the Awards, and I understand if people feel that way. Still I do like the idea for an overall Best Author award since most people have written multiple stories. Also, I think it'd be nice to have a "Story of the Year" award as the final CC award, sort of like Best Picture at the Oscars, but, it might make more sense to do both Drama and Comedy, as a lot of awards shows do.

(At the same time I think it might be more valuable to have separate categories for stand-alone and serial stories.... I'll need to think on this more.)

Anyway, I don't want to overload this with Creative Corner awards so we'll have to narrow it down, but I thought I'd throw a bunch of ideas out there now just so people can think about it. Smile

Last edited by Eldorion on Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:32 pm; edited 3 times in total
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:24 pm

halfwise wrote:Wait, I joined a week after Petty?! Didn't take him long to instill the 'crabbit' meme, did it? I remember it being used by Odo about the time I joined.

I guess so, though I don't remember when we started using the crabbit meme. Laughing I only remember join dates because I took a screenshot of the memberlist on the Old Forum when it was briefly re-accessible again through the archive (which isn't online anymore). I just uploaded it so you can peruse it yourself. Smile

https://i.imgur.com/Jmxs2.png
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:03 pm

Well, I'll put my vote in for Most Popular Male now. (Thanks everyone! Very Happy )

As to this Creative Corner business, I can't recall writing any stories, short or not! Mad

Most importantly, at last I have learned something - and in Forumsire! Shocked Mrs Figg and Petty are evil twins! Shocked Note key factors: (1) They are bother crabbitmeisters, (2) They go totally off tap about the littlest of things, upset by things that other Forumshirans didn't even see, hear or smell, and (3) They both wear skirts! Nod

NB David, surely, can't be considered in the Most Saucy Vegetable catergory, him being 'in the trade' as it were and having an unfair advantage, no way. Mad

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:42 pm

Best Avatar :I

most cheeky avatar...
most sexy avatar.. Laughing
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kafria Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:14 pm

All sounds good to me....intrigued about actually have a film to vote for moments of..... been waiting for this for soo long.

Odean cinema is already trying to flog tickets, nearly crahed the car when the radio ad came on the other day!

'A novel is a long piece of prose with ,in the eyes of the author at least, something wrong with it - Neil Gaiman, intro to American gods
Kafria
Kafria
Lady of Dale

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Nov 02, 2012 10:50 pm

yup I vote for an Evil Twin Award Nod Moon heres another pair.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:48 pm

David, surely, can't be considered in the Most Saucy Vegetable catergory- Orwell

I was thiking more voting on the best of Davids produce- and then the winning veg can be adopted as the official Forumshire emblem for the year- you know like the Welsh with their Leeks.

Sexiest Avatar sounds like a good laugh Norc. I'l second that.
And Eldo I like the idea of a 'final' award for the CC section of Best Story.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:27 am

Um....are you sure you want one of David's best vegetables as the Forumshire emblem? Embarassed

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:13 am

I cant think of a more suitable emblem!

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 am

Is that phallic spud still lingering in your mind, Petty ? Laughing

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:12 am

It wasn't long ago that he was asking about oranges.

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Erotic-flangello
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:15 pm

affraid
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:43 pm

I wonder if that peculiarly evocative orange would be very sweet or just a little tart? Suspect

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:04 pm

I think we should VIEW these weird & wonderful produce ? Shocked all in one post ?

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Yes an "Adult's Only Vegetable Thread" would seem just the ticket, methinks!

And please don't forget the Cabbage Sisters, David! Nod

(Are Jelly Rolls a vegetable, I wonder? Suspect )

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:07 am

can one vote for oneself?
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:52 am

Are you a vegetable? I really can't tell a fruit from a vegetable anymore these days. I was lately informed that green beans are a fruit. And now Norc, a fruitcake if I ever saw one, is wanting to be a vegetable.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:54 am

I am a nut. mad as a nutter...
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:14 am

I plan to vote for myself. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:51 am

Norc wrote:can one vote for oneself?

If you have no sense of shame or decency, sure. Rolling Eyes Only Petty sees the votes so he's the only one who will know if you are a terrible person. Very Happy

To be serious, I generally avoid voting for myself, but if you honestly think you're the most qualified in a certain category there's nothing stopping you.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:38 am

hehe Twisted Evil (no, I am joking, I won't. Fair play or whatever ^^ )
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Rolling Eyes I thought that was what everybody did anyway. Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:45 pm

I think we should VIEW these weird & wonderful produce ? Shocked all in one post ?- Azriel

What I was thinking was a best veg category- the nominees for that therefore would be a collection of the top pics and members would vote for their favourite- so you will see the choices when the nominations are made.

"Only Petty sees the votes so he's the only one who will know if you are a terrible person."- Eldo

Indeed, and its not like I will use the information to blackmail people to vote for me in other categories, not at all. Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:02 pm

3Rd Annual Forumshire Awards Discussion Thread - Page 2 Imageseviltwins
No Petty, no bribery, especially if people see this one, (now,which one is Petty?) Laughing bounce
(re:Agent Nora & the weird vegetables of Blood)
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next