Mrs Figg
Ally
Eldorion
chris63
Tinuviel
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Musical Titles! - Page 2 Empty Re: Musical Titles!

Post by Tinuviel Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:09 am

Scene 6
Charlie and Lily have just been transported to the beach where Sophia normally waits for Charlie. Lily is clutching Charlie’s hand. The ensemble starts to leave)
LILY
Charlie, where did that woman take us? Who is she?
CHARLIE
(pained) That woman (obvious disdain) has taken us to the year 1787. That’s all you need to know.
LILY
But, Charlie…
CHARLIE
(surprisingly forceful) Lily, just trust me. Alright?
Agatha appears from out of the shadows with purpose; she has an agenda. She begins to circle Charlie and Lily menacingly.
AGATHA
Surely, you remember this beach, Charlie?
CHARLIE
No, I really don’t. Why did you bring us here?
AGATHA
Maybe you should think a bit harder. I’ll try to jog your memory. The tearful goodbyes. The handing off of a locket. Your refusal of her. No? It truly is a pity that you have already forgotten Sophia. She won’t take the news very well when I tell her that her beloved Charles Barlow has run off with another woman.
LILY
(to Charlie) Who’s Sophia?
CHARLIE
Just don’t listen to her. Come on Lily, let’s go.
LILY
(She turns to Agatha) Agatha, who is Sophia?
CHARLIE
Lily, please.
LILY
Agatha… Who is Sophia? And while we’re at it, why don’t you tell me how you know Charlie?
AGATHA
Charlie does have a nasty habit of keeping secrets. I don’t think anyone truly knows him, but I’ll try to paint as complete a picture as I can. I have a bit of a reputation where I live for being a healer, a medicine woman, so to speak. Charlie came to my island home one night looking for a potion to help him forget his lady love. He told me he had been jilted by his fiancé after leaving America so I felt pretty bad for him; I wanted to help him out. So I made him a draught. He gave me some money. Everything was sorted. But then when he was about to leave, he asked me if I could help him forget her in other ways.
CHARLIE
Don’t even think for a moment that she is telling the truth. I wasn’t in my right mind.
AGATHA
I was lonely. And I know it was a mistake; the cad was making up terrible lies about Sophia! And I know he’s accompanied other women in their beds, as well.
CHARLIE
How dare you!
AGATHA
Can you see why I’m bitter, Lily? I am but a woman scorned. He uses his time travelling to amaze poor young women, then seduces them and leaves the next day.
CHARLIE
That’s IT! (He lunges at Agatha, but she claps her hands and he’s frozen.)
Agatha
Now now, Barlow, where are your manners?
Lily
What did you do to Charlie?
AGATHA
He thinks he can still boss me around, but I showed him a long time ago that he couldn’t. He’s not the only one who has mystical powers. He says he’s trying to make you believe in love, right? Well, he’s trying to make you love HIM. It’s all part of his act. He makes you think love exists, but it doesn’t.
Lily
How are you so sure?
Agatha
Look at me, I’m absolutely gorgeous, and I’ve never had a man love me.
Lily
I don’t know…
CHARLIE
(Breaks free of Agatha’s spell and lunges at where she was. He looks around, confused) What’s going on?
LILY
Why don’t you tell me.
CHARLIE
Tell you what? Get away from Agatha!
LILY
No. What’s your real game Charlie? (more softly) Come on, just tell me the truth. This whole “journey” you’re taking me on is about more than making me believe in Love.
CHARLIE
What the- What did you tell her Agatha?
LILY
She didn’t have to tell me anything. I know that you have feelings for me, and it’s ok, because I like you, too.
CHARLIE
Feelings for you? Don’t be absurd! I’ve never had feelings for you! What gave you that impression?
LILY
What else did you think would happen? That you could be all charming and flirtatious and that I wouldn’t feel anything!?
CHARLIE
Lily, you never loved me. You don’t even know what it is!
Pause.
Lily looks at him, shocked.
CHARLIE
That came out wrong.
LILY
I know what friends are, and friends don’t talk to friends like they’re morons!
CHARLIE
I’m really sorry. It’s just… You’re my last chance to get back to Sophia. You have to give me a second chance or else I’ll be stuck. Or else I’ll never get to exit the time stream or see Sophia again.
Charlie gets on his knees and continues pleading. He makes unwavering eye contact while saying the next lines and seems almost quietly dignified despite his position on the ground.
Lily, this kind of love that I have for Sophia, it isn’t infatuation that fades when we get into fights or fondness that fades when we don’t see each other for a few years. It’s ineffable sadness and utter emptiness when I realize that there is the possibility of a future without her. Look at me. Please.
LILY
(Fiercely) That doesn’t make sense to me. I’ve never seen anything like that in real life. Nothing you have showed me so far is proof enough for me. I’m sorry Charlie, you’re just going to have to find someone else to drag around.
Charlie
Please don’t say that! Please! Just let me take you-
Lily
I can’t.
Lily runs offstage. Charlie gets up and watches her run away.
AGATHA
You should try to forget both of them. You might even spare yourself some melodrama. Lily’s never going to believe and Sophia’s been waiting patiently on that damn beach for two years. She isn’t going to stick around much longer if you don’t show up. I’ve talked to her about it.
CHARLIE
What?
AGATHA
She took a vile from me yesterday of the forgetting potion. Remember that one? I convinced your second companion to take it so she could just forget her heartbreak. Looks like I might have to make Lily the same offer.
CHARLIE
She wouldn’t do that, she’s waiting for me. She’ll always wait for me.
Agatha
I wouldn’t be so sure. Two years can be intolerably long when you’re alone. Though, I don’t think you need any reminding… or perhaps you do.
Agatha kisses him suddenly. Charlie pushes her off disgustedly after a moment and Agatha walks away slowly in an unabashed manner. Charlie stands motionless for a moment, unable to think of a solution. He barriers his face in his hands, then looks out at the audience determinedly.
Charlie
Until the sun rises in the west.
He runs offstage after Lily.
END OF ACT 1

Musical Titles! - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:13 am

Tinuviel wrote:The title, by the way, is "Stunts in the Name of Love" and STUNTS stands for something, it's not literally a bunch of artsy kids throwing themselves off buildings and jumping out of helicopters Rolling Eyes

And you're not using "Stop, in the name of Love" ?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:36 am

Nope, we have to use STUNTS in the title somewhere, and originality isn't the idea with the title. Usually it's something catchy and gimicky

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:57 pm

I mean, you're not using the song Stop in the Name of Love anywhere in your musical?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:26 am

Ironically, no! Though I think perhaps we should..... Idea

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:47 am

This is really good, Tin! I was busy with my own writing and was afraid of getting distracted so I didn't take a look at this until now but I really like it. I love the concept but the dialogue is what really makes it shine. I love dialogue and banter and try to do that myself and yours is simply a joy to read. Very Happy

I'm halfway through Act 1 now and I look forward to reading more later. study
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:24 pm

I haven't been able to read this yet (as only just found out it exists). For the title, I would use STUNTS outside of the main title since it is referencing the group that are doing it.

E.g.

The Muppets present:
A Christmas Carol

So could be

STUNTS presents:
The Curse of Love

Or simply:

STUNTS:
The Love Continuum.

Obviously insert your own secondary part of the title. I don't do romance and lovey things very well including titling them!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:29 am

"YO WHATS YOUR CREDIT RATING DJ.. YOUR CREDIT RATING.. CREDIT?? TRIPLE YOUR INTEREST RATES BY SETTING UP AUTOMATIC ACCOUNT TRANSFERS TO EARN THE ADDED INTEREST" screamed Peter who gestured wildly with his flailing arms. "WHATEVER MAN IT'S COOL I'LL CATCH YOU OUTSIDE".

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2