Norc
David H
Pettytyrant101
chris63
Eldorion
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:56 pm

No, because, I think at least, the founders probably didn't give a shit what England thought anyway. It wasn't a war to gain your approval, it was a war to permanently separate from you.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 Empty Re: JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM

Post by azriel Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:14 pm

Yet we are still friends today Smile Reagan & Thatcher, Clinton & Major, Blair & Bush, etc.
Me & my friend from down the road Smile She's full on American,

JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:21 pm

azriel wrote:Yet we are still friends today Smile

I guess that depends on who you are asking.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:06 am

There is a pleasant mix of Brit and American on here as well. Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:36 am

It's like world war III out there.
Every dog has slunk into the deepest hidey-hole they can find, huddled and shivering with paws over ears.
The horses stand frozen, both tense and numb at the same time,
the whites of their terrified eyes showing all around,
wanting to run away in every direction at once but no safe place to turn.
bom affraid Sofa

Happy Fourth of July Everyone! :carrot: USA :carrot:

JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 UJpDi JULY 4TH THREAD OF EMBARRASSING LEVELS OF PATRIOTISM - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:02 pm

That was quite poetic. Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2