Amarië
Pseudo-Kafria
Orwell
odo banks
Pettytyrant101
25 posters

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2]

Post by chris63 Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:36 am

This is so wrong.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 53028210

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Empty Re: The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2]

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 am

That sounds kinda fishy, and according to a bunch of sources collected here - http://www.hoax-slayer.com/refugee-payment-hoax.shtml - it's a hoax. :/
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by CC12 35 Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:58 am

does hoax mean true or untrue

Gypsy gal, the hands of Harlem

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:01 pm

Sounds like someone has an agenda goin' on... And if you've got an agenda goin' on why would you let the truth get in the way? Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:27 pm

Probably an -ism involved here. Suspect

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:31 pm

CC12 35 wrote:does hoax mean true or untrue

Truthy.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:20 pm

Words like 'ism' are filthy banned words in Little Forumshire. Extremely Crabbit

That's what makes Little Forumshire a safe, sensible, clear thinking kind of place, suitable for impressionable children. Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:29 pm

Chris:- we have the same dam thing going on in the UK ! The do gooders all make out that immigrants have it tough here when in reality the British public, who are actually living life, have seen & found out a very different story. I could go on for ages about this sort of thing, but, would I bore you ? probably, would I sound racist ? yep,probably again !

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:38 am

I am an immigrant. pale
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:49 am

I am an East-European immigrant! I win!

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:54 am

Nod yup
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:57 am

What kind of jokes do the Polish tell, Ally?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:01 am

Depends on the Pole

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:03 am

Harry and Paul do a good Polish sketch have you seen it Ally?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Ally Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:06 am

Yeah, I know women like that

Ally
Wannabe Beard

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:07 am

Oh dear ! Im doing badly tonight! Theres been a bit of a "to-do" that some people from other countries are treated differently from British people, Ive watched arguments on late night progs. like "question Time" on BBC, so its not my views, its a lot of the audience that have views, in which ever town the programne is being held. Some one found out that some immigrants are being treated better on some financial issues than was thought, & that this issue was being put forward to Government, asking for an answer. And chris's post reminded me of the issue that people were complaining about ! I obviously worded my post badly. So for that Im sorry.

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 am

Ally do you mean the 2 girls in cafe sketch or the blokes pretending to be polish to get work sketch?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:50 am

More from David Cmerons big bedtime book "We're all in it together!"

"Wealthy backbencher Christopher Chope argued that prices in the Commons luxurious dining rooms should be CUT for MPs.
Speaking in Parliament, he said: “I dined on all three nights in the Dining Room and almost nobody else was present — but the service was fantastic because there were three servants for each person sitting down.”

So not only does he want discount luxury food whilst families struggle to fill the larders, but he thinks that waiters and waitresses are his 'servants'.
This is what happens when you rule the counrty but grow up and live in a country estate that looks like it belongs in Downton Abbey.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:14 am

Holy shit, did he really call the wait staff "servants"? Fuck this guy, whoever he is.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:19 am

The Tories like to tell us, since Thatcher famously announced it, that Britain is now a "classless society." Laughing

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:30 am

Speaking of classes, the Wall Street Journal (which generally caters to upper class readers) recently published an article entitled "How Much Will Your Taxes Jump?" along with this moving portrait of how tax changes will affect a broad spectrum of Americans.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323689604578220132665726040.html

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 40wWY

In case you're wondering why the people in the drawing look so beat down, here's a quick and dirty exchange rates of their annual incomes (via Google):

$260,000 = £163,893
$180,000 = £113,464
$230,000 = £144,982
$650,000 = £409,732

Or in other words:

The Bigger, Badder, Even More Serious Thread [2] - Page 39 UPZyTGq
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:38 am

Shocked
The average care worker wage here is between £11,000-14,000 a year!

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:43 am

Wow. In this part of the country you could divide all those numbers by 10 and people would still consider themselves lucky to have a good paying job.

I hope the Wall Street Journal's readers all have large staffs of servants that they're paying well, otherwise they're part of the reason for poverty in this country.
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:49 am

Tell me about it. My family was in the "single mother, two children" category for several years. If my mom had been making $260,000 a year we would have been living like kings.

The numbers in that picture are crazy high for just about any part of the U.S., though, I think.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by the truth Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:10 am

so the wages earned by a single mother are like corporate exec wages , thats a crock of bull , i must live on a different planet.
the truth
the truth
Clue-finder

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next