odo banks
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
The Wobbit A Parody
Pettytyrant101
14 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: comics- extracts and discussions

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:43 pm

Are they in earnest?

Anyway, I was reading some more off this site and found a few fun ones:

Dog Philosophy:
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/157

World Cup Philosophy:
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/157

St. Marx on Christmas Eve:
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/112

Pokemon:  
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/74

Blowjobs:
http://existentialcomics.com/comic/3

Ah, what variety.   Very Happy

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Empty Re: comics- extracts and discussions

Post by halfwise Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:14 pm

Dog philosophy: Laughing

Have you ever noticed that 'dog' spelled backwards is 'god'?

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:21 am

Those were good. Laughing Reminded me of Dead Philosophers in Heaven which I was pleasantly surprised to discover is still online and semi-active thanks to the link in the footer there.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:27 pm

Don't know how many duck fans we have here, but for those who are - got the chance to meet Don Rosa today, one of my top three favourite Donald Duck/Scrooge McDuck cartoonists. Been a fan for as long as I can remember - as a kid I used to flick through each new magazine every Monday, looking for a Don Rosa story. He held a closed sketching event in Oslo today where a lucky few got to ask for a sketch and an print for free (well, not free, but included in the fee) - not a bad Monday. A few pics:

The original by Carl Barks, the first story that ever featured Scrooge

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Img_1410

The sketch I asked for based on that drawing

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Img_1411

And the happy fanboy

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Img_1413

Got a pretty neat Christmas present for my sister as well, will post a picture of that later - I believe Dr Who fans will approve Smile

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:02 am

Wow, that's pretty cool.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:22 am

Damn, that's great. Glad you were able to meet him, Ringo! Very Happy
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:21 am

{{ I read some of the comics as a kid, and remember enjoying them but was not enough of a fan to notice different artists ect- but that's brilliant Ringo- there's a lot of comic artists Id love to meet so I know how you must feel at meeting one of your childhood heroes. A good day and a cracking souvenir!   Nod }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:05 am

I wasn't woke enough as a kid to even think about the artists behind comics.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:10 pm

Wow Smile that's so exciting. You will treasure that drawing wont you Smile

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Fri Dec 21, 2018 2:01 am

Was going to post this a while ago, but I'm packing for Christmas at the moment and remembered - here's the drawing I bought for my sister, the Dr Who fan. Got it signed for her as well

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Img_1510

Here's another one you guys might like

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Img_1511

comics- extracts and discussions - Page 3 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:29 pm

Ha! That's the first time I've seen those particular cross-overs. I don't usually like when artists do that, but I like the Doctor Who one.

I came on here to complain that I had made the mistake of reading another Junji Ito manga: one from a couple years ago called "Layers". Those things really unsettle me, I'm not sure why I go back! Anyway, nice to see something cheerful after what I've just read.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:54 pm

{{ This is well done, if you have never had the chance to read the Watchemen comic this is a reasonable version- not sure if its missing stuff or not, but nothing ive noticed so far.
Its all read by one guy though, including the women, but you can watch it with the audio off easy enough and read it like the comic as all the speech bubbles and stuff are correct and present. }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum