+4
Pettytyrant101
Lancebloke
Mrs Figg
halfwise
8 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 5 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Mon Aug 07, 2023 2:20 am

I like the one near the beginning with 4 planes flying in dutiful formation, and two others scamping around behind. Playful.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Just...................whatever - Page 5 Empty Re: Just...................whatever

Post by halfwise Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:29 pm

can't resist one more hit of cuteness.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 26, 2023 10:40 am

What do you guys think about the Spanish football kiss thing? I personally can't see what all the fuss is about. It's not like he squeezed her boob or anything, it was a closed mouth kiss. Spanish people kiss each other all the time, and they had just won the world cup. Rolling Eyes They are talking like its a major violation and he should be sacked. I think that is ridiculous.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:01 pm

Kiss on the cheek is a greeting, lips is more intimate. It was a peck, I doubt his lips moved. He was definitely subconsciously indicating more than a friendly kiss; that he wanted her - but was quite chaste about it. He wasn't the one to win the world cup, so he was taking advantage of the moment.

I'd call it a minor issue that he now knows to avoid. But yeah, they just won the world cup, since he hugged her before pecking her I don't think there should have been so much uproar.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:12 pm

{{ Its nonsense. She is saying she never gave consent. What? Who asks or gives consent to celebrate your team winning? How would that even work in the heat of the moment with adrenalin and passion running high? I've been hugged and kissed, and yes even on the lips by other guys I dont even know in the mass celebrations of a football win. Its exuberence. We have forgotten that an act in and of itself is not the problem, its the intent behind an act. And I see nothing here that shows he had any intent of anything more than celebrating a famous historic win with his team. And what I 100% don't see is an assault taking place of any sort whatsoever let alone a sexual one. At the very, very worst he may have, in the moment, overstepped a social bound, I dont know Spanish society well enough to judge that, but even then its no more than a social fauxpas not a sacking offence or being accused of being a sexual predator. Its ridiculous.  
And it belittles all those women with real experience of sexual assault by having any comparison drawn to this.}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:01 pm

yep. It's a sign of the times. People just don't have mental robustness anymore. The slightest micro-aggression triggers them. She turned a joyous occasion into something really entitled and whiny. So much for the tattoos and playing a man's game. There are things that go on in rugby clubs that would have her running for her safe space. get a grip woman.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sat Aug 26, 2023 6:01 pm

Mental retardation, is what it is.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:44 am

I dont know what it is but it seems uniquely Western. What would happen if these people had to survive a war like the Ukrainians. Half of them would run off and hide in safe basements and the other half would whine on Instagram that they can't get their chai latte.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:24 pm

{{ I really don't understand this one, the Spanish Football authorities are trying to oust him, FIFA have revoked his right to coach, the Spanish government is investigating him and there's this gem from the Spanish football authorities- "As the protection delegate for sexual violence, my duty is to adhere to the protocol and safeguard the privacy of those affected by this incident and of the Sexual Violence Advisory Committee."
Where in that video of him celebrating the win with one of his players does an act of sexual violence occur, did I blink and miss it? Why is someone tasked with investigating cases of sexual violence got anything to do with this, let alone in charge of the official report into it? How does this even fall under their jurisdiction? What's going on? Have I Mandela Effected into a universe that's even worse than the one I was stuck in before?!}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Aug 27, 2023 2:43 pm

This is no longer the laid back Spain I've come to expect.

A couple public figures should have said "you probably shouldn't have done that" and have it be the end.

Since there wouldn't be an over reaction he wouldn't have to get defensive, just say "yeah I crossed the line a bit there, sorry. It was the excitement."

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Aug 27, 2023 5:23 pm

It's all very pathetic. People kiss each other when they are innocently happy, it's got nothing to do with 'sexual violence'. its barking mad.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:46 pm

{{ It's getting madder by the day. Now the Spanish legal system is getting involved with prosecutors opening a preliminary case with a view to prosecuting him for, get this, 'sexual assault'.
And in more typical Spanish fashion his mother has locked herself in a church and gone on hunger strike in protest against the witchhunt on her son!

edit add- "prosecutors from the national court have opened a preliminary investigation to look into the facts, which could constitute an offence of sexual assault".
The statement indicated the court would offer Hermoso a chance to file a lawsuit. - BBC News}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:49 pm

Mad This is a direct consequence of allowing woke idiocy to rip through society. The cretins demanding reparations for 200-year-old sins, CRT which divides people on race lines, dangerous gender cultists, cancelling comedians, censoring books, indoctrinating children, erosion of free speech, and now it's 'sexual assault' if you spontaneously kiss someone without written consent. Rolling Eyes and the worst thing is 'leftists' calling all this a 'rightwing culture war'. I am really starting to ask if being on the left is really in people's best interests. It's starting to look like a totalitarian regime.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:31 pm

{{ Hey Halfy just noticed you are getting close to a big fat round post number }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:53 am

{{ I think one of my cats may be taking the crabbit too far, and may be plotting to kill me! I came into the room to find she seems to be educating herself on the whereabouts and tactics of the family relatives. Mad }}

Just...................whatever - Page 5 IMG-20231011-104555

Just...................whatever - Page 5 IMG-20231011-104608

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:03 pm

I'd check any overhanging branches you may walk under from now on.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Oct 11, 2023 4:57 pm

Laughing cat when they evolve opposable thumbs humans are screwed.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Oct 24, 2023 3:23 pm

{{ Not sure where to stick this so just bunging it here- its the audiobook of the novel of a tv sitcom, which I don't suppose is common. The sitcom in question being Red Dwarf. And its both like the sitcom, it has the same stories more or less, and it has the same jokes in the dialogue, but it's expanded by not having to worry about budget of a BBC2 comedy in the 1980's.
It's also read by Chris Barrie, who plays Rimmer in the show. One of the interesting things about the cast is that none of them were actors, Lister, Craig Charles and Holly, Norman Lovett were both stand up comedians, the Cat, Danny Jules by a West End dancer and Chris Barrie before Rimmer was an impressionist. And so he does a pretty good job at all his co-stars voices, making it a fun listen. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Oct 31, 2023 12:18 am

if you are having a shit day just watch this and then life is suddenly ok. cat

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Oct 31, 2023 1:55 am

Worked. Smile

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:03 pm

Halfy. I was wondering if you could do a New York-related favour. Do you by any chance walk past an opticians shop on your way to work, or live near one? If you do and one day you feel like wasting 5 minutes on something random, could you ask them if they can order Alden Optical Enhancement tints with a prescription. And if they do, what are the prescription measurements they need? The reason is that I can only buy these contact lenses in America, it's impossible to get them in Europe. I need to find an optician who is prepared to take my prescription, order them from Alden and then ship them out to me without having the pleasure of meeting me or looking at my eyeballs. Shocked Obviously only if you have a shop handy of course, and if you feel like it. rabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 20, 2023 5:52 pm

It's new york city: every neighborhood is self contained.  I have at least one, maybe two within a 5 minute walk?  I can ask, but it may be seen as something like mail order drugs and they'll be skeeved out by intermediaries.  Unfortunately for you the Thanksgiving vacation is coming up, and I will not be around most of this week.  Feel free to remind me, but with end of semester rolling in plus the second trip to India things are getting busy, so I'll forget unless reminded.

Edit: it might be easier if I just pretend I'm you, then ship them myself.  Optometrist shops are designed to do person to person, not shipping.  How did you get these last time?

Edit too: will this website work for you? If they don't ship overseas you can ship to me. https://www.bauschsvp.com/order/

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Nov 20, 2023 7:24 pm

Halfy I have never had the lenses before. i used to be able to get enhancement tints in the UK and Italy but they have all been discontinued by the big companies. I have light eyes and all coloured contact lenses currently on the market make me look like a freaking alien, because they are totally opaque and made for Brazilian Instagrammers with brown eyes wanting to have blue eyes. Its not a good look.
I think it works like this, you go into an optician and say you want these lenses specifying the colour and give them your prescription. The opticians send this order to Alden and they post the finished lenses back to the opticians. Alden doesn't deal with the public, they only deal with opticians otherwise I would go direct to Alden. Its a pain in the ass and fiddly. I could give you my prescription though eventually.
I appreciate it, but only if you have time. Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 20, 2023 8:23 pm

pm me the details. I'm in a latin-american neighborhood, so saying "I don't want the lenses you would get" will get me very far unless I have a specific tint to ask for.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:27 am

Had to go in search of weirdo Brazilian instagrammers.  Is this what you had in mind?  If so, I think you should go for it. Matches your colors.  That's the kind of space alien look that zonks men into zombie mind state, unable to think about anything except those eyes.  Useful for getting out of traffic tickets I'd think. The scatter of baby freckles across the nose don't hurt; for some reason that always melts me.

Just...................whatever - Page 5 Screen83

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum