Forest Shepherd
chris63
halfwise
Amarië
Eldy
13 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer - Page 4 Empty Re: "LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:54 am

Yeah I got that extension when they first made the change. Quite nifty. Smile

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer - Page 4 Empty Re: "LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ Amazons superfan panel. I assume its a joke? scratch I mean the cringe and stupid is so strong with this one its surely  parody? Right? Im a superfan- invite me on!!!  Twisted Evil }}

The Asian guy has never seen Bollywood films? Rolling Eyes
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:28 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:Yeah  I got that extension when they first made the change. Quite nifty. Smile

Do you need Amazon Prime to get that?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Mon Feb 21, 2022 1:18 pm

What a river of shit ! How much prompting where they were given, how much were they fed on just that trailer alone. I bet they werent even given "The Hobbit Colouring Books" because obviously that was to high a level for them. My thoughts ? Desperation. I fear for the future with people who's minds are so clearly geared towards the Clinique counter at Boots, the nail bar in town & to the nearest "H&M" clothes store. They made me feel sick. I know, I know for certain not one of them has read any books at all ( let alone any Tolkien ) they are still struggling with "Noddy". The disrespect is repulsive & repugnant to me. As for that self centred, ambitious 1st guy stating he had hardly seen any Asians representing his colour & culture --- your head was up your arse dear. Im guessing he's 30 odd years old ?? I can go back 30 years & rattle off a list that just might shut him up. These "people" must surely be the rejects from "The Disney Club" ? These are the best influence that can be used to promote LOTR's ??? I gotta go. My blood pressure is on a Richter scale now, Im going to squeeze a few 100 dandelions & make a soothing tea.

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer - Page 4 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

"LOTR: The Rings of Power" - first teaser trailer - Page 4 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:15 pm

They were indeed smug, smirking, numpties. If that is what todays yoof sounds like, we may have a problem. Suspect
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:10 pm

Why does "seeing people of my skin colour" seem to mean representative? What, even if the person has a completely different set of beliefs, a hugely different set of life experience and an opposite personality... it is their skin colour that defines how you can relate to them?

Fuck me.

Edit - Fuck me twice and use a cactus!

These are superfans apparently... and they don't know why the rings were forged?

"Maybe we will see a different side of Sauron".... no shit dickhead. That is literally half of the story of the second age.

And he called himself a "lore buff"

Fucking superfan.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:40 pm

When the middle guy said that Sauron was 'hot' my cringe did a cringe. :facepalm: He sounded like one of these dickhead influencers who shits rainbows and has to run off to his safe space if you dare to debate. Just fuck

OFF!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:50 pm

Wow, I'm glad I quit about 1 minute in.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:48 pm

Do you need Amazon Prime to get that?- Figg

{{No its a youtube thing. Not long ago they started hiding the dislike count on down voted videos. But if you use Chrome or Firefox you can get an extension which makes it show up again.
The current count is 123 upvotes versus 7.3 thousand downvotes!}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:25 pm

{{ Good news for Amazon, the upvote on that vid has increased...to [drum roll]
Spoiler:
Unfortunately for Amazon, but good news to everyone else the downvote is now....
Spoiler:
[humorous clown horn honk]Laughing }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 23, 2022 12:34 pm

One does not simply woke into Mordor. Laughing

That video is impossible to watch. The fake posturing and racial stereotyping is appalling. There is a guy on Youtube has found out it was faked by Amazon and these people are paid actors. He contrasted all the reaction shots from videos from other countries, and he found they were exactly orchestrated shot by shot.

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:06 pm

{{ More I think about the 'superfans' videos the more it strikes me just how far removed from the audience they seem to be. And the more bizarre that they choose to do this.

They put out essentially the same video in different languages, knowing everyone would see how they were all the same because thats how it works now, no borders on media. And they got actors who quite obviously had no real idea what they were talking about and had obviously only superficial, if any Tolkien knowledge at all, to do a bunch of fake reaction shots. And who were simply given the buzz words to say. And they thought actual fans of Tolkien- famous for their knowledge and love of the lore and world because its so rich and deep, would not notice. Or be insulted.

This entire crude marketing scheme was going to be so obviously unmasked as such from the very start, it was always going to receive a negative reaction from the start. That they actually looked at that when completed and thought, "yup, thats exactly what will appeal to fans of the books and films and get them excited" and put it out there, that is the bit that amazes me most. The sheer magnificent scale of misjudgement that entails is quite astounding really.}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:15 pm

That's pretty funny. Laughing I'm actually not surprised that they couldn't find a focus group for France - do they even care about any culture except their own? Well, they took to jazz even more than America did in the early 20th century so I suppose that's not a fair statement. But I don't see the French as Tolkien fans any more than he was a fan of French cooking.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:56 pm

I updated my signature.

Also, I'm very, very ok with not having Amazon prime.

This is becoming more and more like Chibnals dr Who.
Noone cares about the source material, and the only thing that matters is gender, skin colour and "representation". So we get something where we are suppose to point and gasp and say "Oh look a black person! Yey! Gay man! Wohoo!" ...I'm getting P.T. Barnum vibes here.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:19 pm

I was tempted to appropriate that Figgy quote my own self. Very Happy

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:35 pm

Do it! We can be quote twins! Very Happy

I suspect there will be many quotable comments sprouting from this pile of manure we're being served.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Elthir Wed Feb 23, 2022 2:59 pm

I have a Figgy quote.

Sharrasi's prentice

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:00 pm

I'd like to make it a meme among the Tolkien chattering class, (with proper attribution including both Figgy and Forumshire) but I'm not really on any of the other boards, so don't know the most fertile ground. TORN might shred me, but they've also had long disparaging discussions about the Amazon trailer, so it might work.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:05 pm

I don't care much about gender, skin colour and "representation" though. I do care about whether it's any good. To which, the signs are not promising.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:40 pm

I might extend the Figgy quote:

"One does not simply woke into Mordor.  Not with 462 million dollars could you do this."

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:43 pm

Elthir wrote:I have a Figgy quote.

cheers thanks Elthir!
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:50 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:{{ More I think about the 'superfans' videos the more it strikes me just how far removed from the audience they seem to be. And the more bizarre that they choose to do this.

They put out essentially the same video in different languages, knowing everyone would see how they were all the same because thats how it works now, no borders on media. And they got actors who quite obviously had no real idea what they were talking about and had obviously only superficial, if any Tolkien knowledge at all, to do a bunch of fake reaction shots. And who were simply given the buzz words to say. And they thought actual fans of Tolkien- famous for their knowledge and love of the lore and world because its so rich and deep, would not notice. Or be insulted.

This entire crude marketing scheme was going to be so  obviously unmasked as such from the very start, it was always going to receive a negative reaction from the start. That they actually looked at that when completed and thought, "yup, thats exactly what will appeal to fans of the books and films and get them excited" and put it out there, that is the bit that amazes me most. The sheer magnificent scale of misjudgement that entails is quite astounding really.}}

The guy in the video said he didn't speak the other languages so he didn't know what they were saying. But I do. The Italian one to be precise. They had a much more nuanced discussion of the trailer, but at the end the guy with the long rainbow hair at the end said something which made me cringe just as bad as the UK version. He said, "as long as the Black Elf does something as 'cool' as Legolas with his bow it doesn't matter what race he is", and then the woman with long hair agreed with him. That was their take on it. As long as its cool anything is permitted. ie, not a Tolkien fan, but someone paid to be there. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:17 pm

That seems to be a bit if a modern day thing though.. looks cool, big explosions, don't make me think.

It's amazing how much of the TikTok generation can't deal with moderately complicated plots. Have you ever seen them on TikTok... its like 6 second clip, next 10 second clip, next 8 second clip.... for HOURS!

I think between that and selfie, like, like, check my selfie likes, like, retreat, like, check my selfie likes... I think people's brain chemistry is actually being changed so that their attention span is super short.

Amazon have to keep up with swords and sex and "cool" attention distracting moments.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:17 pm

A fan of Peter Jackson's Middle Earth Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Feb 23, 2022 4:35 pm

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next