We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

+7
Amarië
Bluebottle
halfwise
David H
Pettytyrant101
Mrs Figg
Lancebloke
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by azriel Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:26 am

maybe the thing from the back of the fridge has finally claimed him ?? Ooooo, I can see a battle with the fridge thing like the battle with the Balrog !!

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Balrog10

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Empty Re: We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in!

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 06, 2022 12:42 pm

Razz

I suspect he's had technical problems with his computer and no cash to fix it.  Unlike Dave I don't have his phone number, and btw I'm thinking it's about time I gave Dave a call.  After we sent him the tablet I figured the only thing that may stop him posting was the looming death of his sick mother, and I didn't want to intrude with something as frivolous as forumshire. But it's been long enough now he could probably use a friendly voice.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 06, 2022 3:45 pm

Oh gosh, thats upsetting. I didnt know Daves mother was poorly. Life is a staircase, it can lead you up or it can lead you down.

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

We're all doomed! Doomed I say- the Corona virus thread for panicking in! - Page 6 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:06 pm

Yeah she was bedridden about a year ago, and some months after that Dave stopped posting.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:22 pm

If you get hold of Dave please give him my best wishes.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:13 pm

What I do it, I watch the weather for a major storm in his area, so I know he'll be home. 4 hour time difference, so I'm not waiting up for him to be home at night.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:36 pm

please send Dave my regards too.

But I am worried about Petty, does anyone have an email? I had one but it was in my PM folders and I deleted a lot of stuff a while back.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 06, 2022 9:18 pm

I sent Petty a msg on Messsenger. He was there an hour or so ago.

Thanks for reaching out to Dave, Halfie. Give him my regards too.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Apr 06, 2022 10:07 pm

Petty is alive and well, but without proper wifi. He didn't mention the Fridge Thing, but he is searching for a new barrel so I suspect it was an epic battle indeed.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Apr 07, 2022 1:46 am

Razz well at least he is ok.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:22 pm

That's good. Silly wifi!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Apr 09, 2022 12:54 pm

My turn for the 'rona.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:02 pm

You've got enough immunity build up it shouldn't be bad. I was triple vaxxed so it was sort of a case of the flu for me, over in less than a week.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:33 pm

It is like a light cold at the moment. Bit snotty, bit coughy and a bit achey.

Hopefully it stays that way.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Hopefully the view will become that it's mild enough for everyone that there's not need to isolate any more than you would for a cold. At the moment it's considered a mortal sin to pass your door if you've got it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:06 pm

Hopefully for people with past immunity and vaccines its not too bad. I guess the reason for isolation is to protect the vulnerable in society, the old and immuno-suppressed. I bet isolation in bed for a week is pretty much all people feel like doing though?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:36 pm

I wasn't in bed, I just didn't pass my door. Had a bunch of stuff I'd been saving up in freezer and cans in case of covid and this gave me a reason to put a healthy dent in it. That was back when the isolation was thought to be 14 days, so I ended up plowing through less than half of it. You need a reason: who eats canned soup unless they've got a fever?

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:39 pm

We have dogs and one of them won't go to the toilet in the garden so have to take them out, but staying away from people and not going anywhere other than that.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:17 pm

It's more difficult being in an apartment. If I could leave without risk of being in close proximity to anyone I would have. Missed some nice weather.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:26 am

OK... today I feel shit!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:56 pm

I had about 3 days where I couldn't concentrate on anything work related, but could concentrate on youtube just fine so wasn't hating life.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:51 pm

Well, on day 3 now. Generally feeling OK but got a nasty cough and a little congested. Can see having some coughyness for a little while given how it is going right now but on the up.

Other half is pretty much over it now, she definitely gave it to me so I am a couple of days behind.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:42 pm

sounds yucky Lance, glad you are feeling better.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:36 pm

I managed to drag a husband and wife into my covid hotspot. It's pretty clear where we got it, I took them to a basement piano bar with a bunch of adorable 20/30 somethings gleefully singing at the top of their lungs. Yep, once I knew it was covid I knew immediately the cause of our downfall.

She got it a day or so after me, then he got it from her. I was positioned deeper into the cloud near the piano.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:21 am

:facepalm: you guys.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next