The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards Empty The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:11 pm

Rather than being a complete recounting of the award thread this is a shortened version to get to the meat of things- the original is of course still available to view in the archive.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards Empty Re: The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 pm

The Official Forumshire Awards
Presented by NotP, Buckie and the Gaffer's Lucky Dip.

The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards 12odoawardsceremonyaudience

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards Empty Re: The 2010 Official Forumshire Awards

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:15 pm

My nominees are;

The Hobbit Movie

1. Worst Gossip nominees-
A) Rick Astely to produce the soundtrack
B) Beorn to be left out the films
C) Legolas to be in the films
D) Merry and Pippin to be in the films

2. Best Casting nominees-
A) Martin Freeman as Bilbo
B) Richard Armitage as Thorin
C) Mikael Persbrandt as Beorn

3. Worst casting nominees-
A) Sylvester Mccoy as Radagast
B) Ryan Cage as Drogo
C) Richard Armitage as Thorin

4. Director linked to TH but who didn't get the job but you'd rather did so we didn't get lumbered with PJ again.

A. Guillermo del Toro
B. David Yates
C. Tim Burton
D. Kenneth Brannagh
E. Neill Blomkamp

5. Most anticipated scene.

A. The Eagles
B. The Spiders
C. The Elven-king
D. The Death of Smaug
E. The Battle of the Five Armies

Most likely scene PJ will remove entirley in favour of something he has scribbled himself bewtween counting the combined sales of the cinema edition dvd's with the spcial editions and adding the same again for Blue-ray.
A. Down, down, to Goblin-town!
B. Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
C. Tra-la-la-lally

Forum Awards

4. Worst use of liberalism nominees-
A) GB
B) Eldo
C) Grey Pilgrim
D) Ringdrotten

5. Best Loremaster nominees-
A) Eldo
B) GB
C) Petty Tyrant
D) Chris63

6. Most Respectable nominees-
A) Odo Banks
B) Wise Odo
C) Mirabella Banks
D) Tinuviel
E) GB
F) Ringdrotten
G) Eldo
H) Ally
I) Chris63

7. Most likel to make the news in PJ related incident nominees-
A) Petty Tyrant
B) Odo Banks
C) Eldo
D) Ringdrotten
E) Baron Ironfang

8. Best nose nominees-
A) Tinuviel
B) Ally
C) Mirabella Banks

(This is not a sexist category in anyway whats so ever!)

9. Best Female Nominees-
A)Tin
B) Ally
C) Mirabella

10. Best Male nominees -
A) Odo Banks
B) Wise Odo
C) GB
D) Eldo
E) Ringdrottten
F) Petty Tyrant
G) Noom

11. Best enigmatic nominees -
A) Lester Cat
B) Baleyn Dwarf
C) Wise Odo

12. Most Missed Nominees -
A) Durin
B) Henry's Mum
C) Beren
D) Zackira
(Suggestions welcome for this category)

13. Biggest pessimist nominees-
A) Petty Tyrant
B) Odo Banks
C) Eldo

14. Most Pure

A. Petty Tyrant
B. Odo Banks
C. Eldo
D. Chris63

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm

But to business.
The first award of the evening is for Worst Gossip.

A clear winner in this category standing head and shoulders above all others with 3/4 of the votes its.....

D) Merry and Pippin to be in the films

A clear voice from the fans I feel. No Merry and Pippin PJ do you hear?

Our next category is Best Casting.
Once more a clear winner with all but one of the votes cast, the award goes to....

A) Martin Freeman as Bilbo

Your little round face seems hobbit enough for us it seems!

The third category of the evening is is for Worst Casting.
And the first category of the evening to throw up a drawn result!

The winners are........

Ryan Cage as Drogo
Richard Armitage as Thorin

I think the message here is we don't know why Drogo is there at all and Mr Armitage fits none of our mental images of Thorin Oakenshield.

Next up its the Director linked to TH but who didn't get the job but you'd rather did so we didn't get lumbered with PJ again.

And a narrow victory, by a single vote sees the award go to.........

A. Guillermo del Toro

His heady mixes of fairytale and fantasy perhaps winning over just enough to take the prize.

The fifth award of the night is for the Most anticipated scene. And voting was again quite evenly split, but just edging out the others its......

A. The Eagles

The big question though- will they talk?

And our final category for tonight,
Most likely scene PJ will remove entirley in favour of something he has scribbled himself bewtween counting the combined sales of the cinema edition dvd's with the spcial editions and adding the same again for Blue-ray.

Another tightly contested category but edging out the others the award goes to......

B. Chip the glasses and crack the plates!

Although from the votes its clear there is not a lot of confidence PJ will include any of the nominees form this category. Sad

Thanks for all those who took part. Tomorrow night its the big awards! The forum categories. Black tie of course.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Eldorion
Oooh, exciting. I look forward to seeing the rest of the results.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:18 pm

Nagual
It's a fix, I've saw the bottle of beer arriving already from around the globe! Golden envelopes already contain the winners erm perhaps there should a further category "best bribe"... Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:19 pm

pettytyrant101
Damn it! How did he get out his box? Ahem, pay no attention, he's got Buckie sickness, nothing he says has any meaning. Bribes...how preposterous! :?

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:22 pm

pettytyrant101
-Welcome ladies, gentlemen and Mirabella to the Forum Awards ceremony. Please put your appendages together in a repeated fashion likely to induce noise for your host for the evening the Tyrant who is a bit Petty, Petty Tyrant-

Thankyou and good evening fellow forumers. Funny thing happened to me on the way up to the stage. I actually bumped into PJ. Do you know what he said? 'Break a leg'.
Sadly he wasn't talking to me but to the two goons he'd hired, so if anyone wants to sign my leg cast later...

Wow, tough room. Ok onto our first award of the evening.
Some say being a liberal is a good thing. That Legolas surfing a shield down stairs at Helms Deep is an artistic take on interpreting elves and instead of locking these poor souls up for treatment they are to be given an award instead! I don't know. Anyway the nominations are; GB, Eldo, Grey Pilgrim, Ringdrotten.

And the award goes to...........its everyones favourite beard its Gandalf's Beard.

Sadly GB is not with us ths evening as he seems to have boycotted the Awards ceremony- no doubt believing there should be no winners and losers but that we are all winners, or some libral rot like that. Wink

Moving on, and not swiftly enough for some I am sure, we have the Best Loremaster category.
A tightly contested field as we are blessed with some incredibly fine and knowledgable minds around here, sadly none of them were nominated but here are the ones who were; Eldo, GB, Petty Tyrant, Chris63

And the winner is..........Eldorion.

And he's only ten years old you know! Only kidding. Our resident 'you got that wrong' pointer outer, a well deserved win I feel.

Now our next category, could I have a bit of silence at the back there, our next category demands respect.
The category with the most nominees, one of the most respected awards of the evening and the first big award of the night. Its the Most Respected Category.
The nominees are; Odo Banks, Wise Odo, Mirabella Banks, Tinuviel, GB, Ringdrotten, Eldo, Ally, Chris63

And the most respectable forumer award goes to.......oooooooohhhh, its Ringdrotten.

Storming in in a long ship and pillaging the title from its self declared owner Odo, how Norse of him! Very Happy There will be disquiet in Needlehole tonight folks!

Well with that first upset of the evening its time to take a commercial break. Join us again in few minutes to see who walks away with the best male and female categories, and will it be the same person! Don't go anywhere.

-Have you had a PJ related accident? Have you sustained injury or abuse whilst being subjected to PJ's so called adaptations? If so call PJ Accidents Are Us, personnal accident lawyers. Our no win no fee policy is non existant but we gaurantee personal satisfaction against PJ so call now and receive our special gift offer of PJ's personnal e-mail address so you can tell him exactly what you think. PJ Accidents Are Us- the only PJ hating lawyers you will ever need-

Welcome back. Without further ado our next award tonight is Most likely to make the news in PJ related incident, the nominees are; Petty Tyrant, Odo Banks, Eldo, Ringdrotten, Baron Ironfang

And the winner is.....Petty Tyrant

Well, I am flattered. Rest assured I will strive not to let you down. Keep watching the news!
Ahem, right our next award is a delicate matter, even an exquisite one. Its nominees come from far afield, from the worng side of the planet living upsdide down to the Undying Lands themselves. The nominnes for Best Nose are; Tinuviel, Ally, Mirabella Banks

And the winner is....ahhhh, the second upset of the night. And tonights first drawn result, the winners are..... Tinuviel and Ally.

Don't let Tin near the buckie, remember the picnic, and she hadn't just lost her undisputed nose title then to someone from Wales!!

Swiftly moving on before Beren gets here the next award is for Best Female. We have not been overly burdened with the female mind on here but at least those we do have are such fine minds, the nominees are; Tin, Ally, Mirabella

And the best female award goes to.....our very own welsh lady of the valleys, its Ally.

But who will be partnering her in the Best Male category? I can see some tense faces out there but that might be because I got the cheapest caterers I could find. The nominnees are; Odo Banks, Wise Odo, GB, Eldo, Ringdrottten, Petty Tyrant, Noom

And the winner of Best Male is....well, he might have lost some respect but not his popularity, its Odo Banks.

Something for the Banks family to celebrate after what was a rough 2010- what with all that trouble in the summer over Wise Odo and his lack of trousers. Embarassed
But hurrying on and into the last commercial break of the night, join us again to find out who is purist and to remember all those lost to the forum in 2010, mssing presumed bored.

- Are dwarves ruining your lawn? Do you suffer from burrowing dwarves under your headgegrows? Then you need Dwarfaway, from Valinor products. One spray on your lawn and within 24 hours your lawn will be dwarf free or your money back. Don't let dwarves ruin your summer in Middle Earth, call now.-

Welcome back for the final part of tonights awards. Now this next award is rather hard to define, almost as hard to define as its nominees. Some deny all use of prose and others slink in and go. The nominees for Most Enigmatic are; Lester Cat, Baleyn Dwarf, Wise Odo

And the award goes to.....Lester Cat......where's the award? What? Oh. Apparently umm Lester Cat already slunk in and took his award and left. Now that is enigmatic. 8-)

Now we must dim the lights, play some sad music and remember the avatars we no longer see as we give out the award to the most missed. The nominees are;Durin, Henry's Mum, Beren, Zackira

And as I wipe a tear from my eye with this piece of onion the winner is......Beren

Oh Beren where for art thou? Buggered off thats where.

Right, lights, thats better I can see what I'm doing now, not that it matters it'll all end in ruin. Which neatly brings me onto the next award which is for Biggest Pessimist. The nominees not expecting to win are; Petty Tyrant, Odo Banks, Eldo

And the award goes to.... Petty Tyrant.

No good will come of this you know! So moving hurriedly on to the final award of the eveinng and the biggest award.
The award of the greatest merit without any doubt what so ever and the only award of the night to come with a large cash reward.
Drum roll please, fireworks at the ready.
Its the award for the Most Pure.
And the nominees are; Petty Tyrant, Odo Banks, Eldo, Chris63

And the award goes to.......Petty Tyrant.

Well I would make a speech but instead I'm planning on taking the cash and running. Thank you for voting. Till next year- is the engine running?- Goodnight!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Eldorion
Whatever I was expecting, it wasn't that. Laughing Bravo!

*covets award*

That was brilliant Petty, and I look forward to next year's awards already. Laughing Cool

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:23 pm

Ringdrotten
"PJ Accidents Are Us" Laughing Loved this, Petty, like Eldo said, it was brilliant Very Happy

And I want to thank everyone for voting for me, I feel that I truly am the Most Respectable forumer here. No doubt the award was given to the right man, and -- Damn, I cannot bear it! I have a confession to make: I voted for myself for the "Most Respectable" award (only category in which I did so though, honestly!), and so I cannot say that I feel very respectable Embarassed My apologies to all other, more worthy, nominees! Embarassed

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:24 pm

pettytyrant101
Although I don't plan on revealing the voting patterns I will put you out of your misery Ringdrotten by letting you know that even excluding your own (disrespectful!) actions of self voting you would still have edged it. The award is fairly and squarely yours- now you have to live up to it. Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Ringdrotten
Well, I am flattered indeed Very Happy I'll do my best, Petty Smile

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Gandalfs Beard
I feel I must point out that, other than the Best Beard category, I was forced to take myself out of the running for any other awards (and for voting too) due to my Moderator Status. The results would no doubt be viewed and unfair as possibly fixed had I participated fully.
GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm

pettytyrant101
'Best Beard' I didn't know beard was a euphimism for liberal! Laughing

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm

Gandalfs Beard
Wink

GB

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:26 pm

hail manwe
Hail the winners!!

Congrats to all! 8-)

Thanks for the show Petty. Wink

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:26 pm

chris63
Had a new suit made and everything to receive my award, but alas Laughing
Maybe next year.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:27 pm

pettytyrant101
I'm sure GB can console the losers with some rubbish about it being the taking part that counts! Wink
Talking of which I have an apology to make, particulary to HailManwe, who I think I failed to nominate for a single award Embarassed but there are a few members who should have been up for awards and weren't but sadly remembering names is not one of my strong points. At the least Hail you should have been up for most respectable and most pure.
Nominee lists will be bigger next year I promise (and hopefully we will have a few new members if the film ever gets going to add to it).

And for frivolous fun theres always this summers picnic to look forward to. Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

hail manwe
Hail Pettytyrant !!

Thanks for the mention Very Happy

No need to apologise mate Wink , I have been off for a long while and the forumers you
listed have all been far more active than I.

It has taken (and still is taking) me a long time to go through the various threads
that I have missed and hopefully when I get fully up to speed, I will be able participate
more frequently and perhaps put myself in the running for next years awards !! 8-)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Eldorion
Maybe next year we should have more awards for upbeat and optimistic folks so that Petty doesn't sweep them again? Very Happy

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:28 pm

pettytyrant101
I hope you are not suggesting anything underhand Eldo. Surprised
If the awards reflected a certain pessimistic view then PJ is to blame for giving us so little to be optimistic about! And in my defence I did ask for category and nominee suggestions and included those others made (so long as there was a good chance i'd win of course- damn did I just think that or type it?)

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Old Forum Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:29 pm

Tinuviel
WELL!
It seems that I've come here too late! Damn that Buckie from New Years!!!
HOW DID I TIE??? and worse, HOW DID I LOSE??? Who voted anyway???? I didn't!!! Oh, I'm sizzling!!!
BEREN!!!!!

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

pettytyrant101
Well Tin just as well you missed the actual ceremony, things might have kicked off!! Surprised
You'll just have to make sure you vote next year!!

(For the record you got my vote- but then I'm scared of Beren! Oh and the turn out was about a healthly 70% of reguar posters- GB abstained because he's a mod and didn't want anyone thinking it was rigged- which was unneccessay as I was already rigging it! Wink And a couple of others missed it like yourself or didnt take part. But overall was a more succesful vote than most national elections.

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Tinuviel
O fine. It's fine. I win everything back in Valinor, so I'll turn my perfect nose up and put this behind me :ugeek:

Old Forum
Reposting Bot

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:38 am

Did I miss something? Suspect

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next