Welcome to Forumshire.com!

+4
Amarië
Pettytyrant101
halfwise
Admin
8 posters

Go down

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Empty Welcome to Forumshire.com!

Post by Admin Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:07 pm

Hullo, and welcome to Forumshire!

To newbies: We are a close-knit, generally laid-back community who have been together in one form or another since late 2008. The present incarnation of the forum began in 2011 when we broke off from our parent blog, and we moved to our current domain name in 2020. We have four dead easy rules, but have always prided ourselves on being a self-regulating community. If you're curious about how we got here, you can learn more about our history in this essay.

To current members: By popular demand, we have at long last dropped the "Hobbit Movie Forum" branding we've carried since our origin. Most significantly, we are now using Forumshire.com as our URL. Furthermore, the site name is now just "Forumshire", and the site banner (featuring the art of Ted Nasmith, used with permission, all rights reserved) has been updated to reflect this. We appreciate your patience during the transition process, which should wrap up in the next day or so when we get our new SSL certificate.

Since we no longer use or own the hobbitmovieforum.com domain, there are unfortunately a lot of broken links. If you have a URL you're trying to get to (or are editing an old post to fix a link), you can just swap out "hobbitmovieforum" for "forumshire", and you'll get to your destination. If you have any issues with trying to find stuff--or with any other aspects of this transition--let us know here or by PM and someone will try to help you.

Best regards from your transition team,

Amarië (owner) & Eldy (founder)
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Empty Re: Welcome to Forumshire.com!

Post by halfwise Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:46 pm

I suppose you'll be sending out beacons to those who are only here rarely (RA, Blue, Norc, Ringo) or would you like one of us to do it? Ah heck, I'll just pm anyone I can think of who's been on the last year.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:10 am

This is Eldy. I sent out an announcement through the newsletter function that should have gone to everyone with a still-functioning email address associated with their account. No guarantee that everyone still checks the email they used to sign up, but Shrugging
Admin
Admin
Administrator

https://www.forumshire.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:32 am

{{ Thanks girls for all the hard work- its greatly appreciated. Nod Were finally our true name! cheers I think that calls for a special buckie celebration drunken pub And possibly dancing on tables :carrot: }}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:49 am

It is so good to see us home where we belong! It makes me a bit emotional. I love you

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:39 pm

I know i haven't been posting much recently, but i was following what was goin on, thanks Am and Eldy (nice to see you drop in again!) for all your hard work, and yeash it's great to be Forumshire proper now!

Very Happy cheers pub Thumbs Up :clap:

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:44 pm

Thank you for your email Smile thank you for the work that you put in keeping this bolt hole alive & kicking Smile

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 am

You did it!

Hm.. Is it just me or is the banner and the little token reflecting new and old posts invisible?

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:52 pm

Not sure what you are talking about.  The leaves in the menus are still there.  Was there something I never noticed that marked new posts while looking at them directly?  Must have disappeared when those stupid like/dislike buttons appeared.

Edit: just looked up "forumotion remove like/dislike feature" and though I didn't find any way to remove it, I did find it appeared because when mentioned on the help board, 92% of the people there voted to install it.  Frickin' chowderheads. Evil or Very Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:29 pm

It took a bit longer than hoped for, but our SSL certificate situation has been sorted out. That means the transition process is basically complete and marks the end of my admin pinch-hitting, but Amarië knows how to get in touch with me if anything goes disastrously wrong in the future. And if anyone else wants to reach out on Facebook or Discord with questions or just to say hi, I'm more than happy to chat. Smile
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:20 am

{{thank you Eldy and Amarie for all your hard work. And always good to chat with you Eldy, but I do hope you might pop by here from time to time, we do so miss you. }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:08 pm

Love the purple hair Eldy, its my favourite colour

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Welcome to Forumshire.com! Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:47 am

halfwise wrote:Not sure what you are talking about.  The leaves in the menus are still there.  Was there something I never noticed that marked new posts while looking at them directly?  Must have disappeared when those stupid like/dislike buttons appeared.

It's the leaves, the red and green leaves marking new or no new posts for the various discussion categories. Those are invisible to me now, and the banner is missing too.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 02, 2020 9:21 am

{{ Which browser are you using Forest? Maybe try clearing out your cookies, if you havent already, see if that fixes it. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Jul 02, 2020 10:31 pm

Yeah I did that and some other stuff and got Firefox to work again. All good.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down