Pettytyrant101
Erastotti
halfwise
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Amazing Technology - Page 2 Empty Re: Amazing Technology

Post by halfwise Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:01 am

No argument about the importance of the transistor, it's the electronic equivalent of the lever or gear. Nice historical overview.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:00 am

Cheap crappy USB pins just broke off inside the USB cable of my printer. Mad Mad Mad

I found a repair shop but it's 45 minutes away.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:46 am

USB has pins?  I see plates with exposed contacts, is that what you are talking about?

Most places don't repair printers anymore - I've been told more than once the cost of fixing is equal to the cost of replacement. I've got a printer right now I feel sure I could fix myself if I just find time to take it apart, but can't find anyone else to do it.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:27 am

It's a USB-B plug, technically. And the male part of the female port on the printer broke off inside the male plug, revealing the little pins. Simply pushing the broken plug back inside did not work, because the pins were bent and otherwise fucked.  If that makes sense.
Amazing Technology - Page 2 ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.bureau-vallee.fr%2Ffstrz%2Fr%2Fs%2Fbv-prd-fbi-fr-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpub%2Fmedia%2Fcatalog%2Fproduct%2F1%2F2%2F1296ee9e7a39480a151675ce11237d06bcc2d5be_400002199

Anyway, the new one came and works fine.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2