halfwise
Pettytyrant101
Norc
David H
Eldy
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Allow me to reintroduce myself - Page 4 Empty Re: Allow me to reintroduce myself

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:23 pm

{{ Blue, Eldy, Odo has even popped by- and the new Amazon show is shaping up to be a source of immense crabbit. Now if a few others would pop back in Az among them and hang about a bit we might get a third lease of life yet! }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Allow me to reintroduce myself - Page 4 Empty Re: Allow me to reintroduce myself

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:05 pm

Bluebottle wrote:Eldy is back Shocked

Wait... so am I Shocked

And I am too! Shocked

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:08 pm

Eldy wrote:Hi again!

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been a busy and exhausting few months on my end. I'm still a mess (as always) but things are maybe hopefully evening out somewhat, at least for the time being. I'm about to drop out of grad school, but on the plus side I've been on Hormone Replacement Therapy for three months now and I just recently got a mod gig on my main forum, so there's that. Razz And I've continued to intermittently lurk here despite otherwise cutting ties with Tolkien fandom, so I figured I might as well check in.

Hi Eldy Wave cheers

Glad to hear things are evening out for you, best wishes, and try to drop by more often if you can (I should do too...)

Main forum? Sad I thought we were your main forum Mad (jokes)

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:24 am

Thanks, everyone!

Not sure if or when I'll try to go back and finish my Master's, but for now I haven't given up on the dream of submitting something for publication to one of the peer-reviewed Tolkien journals. Whether holding onto that dream will be good for me or not is something I'll hopefully find out in the next couple months. Neutral
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Jul 05, 2019 3:30 pm

Eldy wrote: for now I haven't given up on the dream of submitting something for publication to one of the peer-reviewed Tolkien journals.
Good luck Eldy! Following Dreams can lead a person to many unexpected and fascinating places. :carrot:
Just remember they can be tricksy, like leprechauns' or Genii's wishes. In my experience, Dreams are better to follow than to chase. Wink

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:55 pm

That's a good way of putting it! Thanks, Dave. I love you
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 pm

My guess is that since Tolkien scholarship is a small world you'll find the peer review process to be rather supportive (if you didn't write so well you might get the opposite reaction but I don't see that happening). You'll get very helpful comments, a few that hurt, and a few that just don't make sense at all. But it helps pull you out of your own viewpoint and is usually very helpful. It's also very possible that in such a small world one or more of your reviewers will be one of your heroes in the Tolkien academic world: you may find this out years later when you meet.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum