Mrs Figg
Forest Shepherd
malickfan
Pettytyrant101
Eldorion
15 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 12 Empty Re: GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2]

Post by chris63 Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 am

Thats a cute gif. :hug:

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 12 Empty Re: GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2]

Post by azriel Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:58 am

Thank you Chris Wave

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 12 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 12 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Dunno if there was a thread about it as I've not been that active here for the last couple of months and might have missed it, but I noticed Petty has passed 40,000 posts (and is almost at 41,000) congratulations! Smile cheers Cheerleader :carrot: Cheerleader :carrot: Cheerleader Metal pub

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:58 pm

{{Buckie tends to loosen the tongue Embarassed But thank Malick, here's to the next 40,000 in this uniquely wonderful place! pub }}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:14 pm

Congratulations are indeed in order as there have been, to the best of my knowledge, probably less than five and almost certainly less than ten other people to surpass 40,000 posts on a single Tolkien forum. I can say with complete certainty that Petty has more posts here than anyone ever achieved on TheOneRing.com, Arwen-Undomiel.com, or TheOneRing.net, which are ranked numbers 2-4 on the all-time list of Tolkien forums with the most total posts. The number one forum on that list is the LOTR Plaza, which only ever had two people pass the 40K mark in the course of its more than six million post history. (One of them ended up somewhere in the 47K range IIRC, but the site's offline so I can't check.) Petty still has a way to go before equalling the founder of Entmoot.com, however, who has more than 60,000. Razz The Hall of Fire has probably the two people closest to Petty's total who are still regularly active, but neither are at 40K yet despite a more than five year head start (none of this includes Petty's 2000+ posts on the Old Forum).

To be clear, I say this with genuine admiration and appreciation for everything you've done to keep this place going. pub Keeping track of post count milestones was something of a pastime on the Plaza when I was younger and I still find them interesting.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:29 pm

Even more impressive as Petty has probably spent 1/3 of those posts arguing about grass lengths and grey horses, occasionally with himself Nod

Mind you I'm still shocked I've managed to stick around this forum so long (not that I regret it all Smile ) let alone surpass 4,000 posts myself...

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:32 pm

I wonder Eldy, how many posts have you made in various Tolkien forums over the years in total? You must be getting up there yourself.

I haven't posted on TORn in months, but I was very active their three or four years ago...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:54 pm

I'm very glad that you've stuck with us as long as you have, malick! Nod

malickfan wrote:I wonder Eldy, how many posts have you made in various Tolkien forums over the years in total? You must be getting up there yourself.

By my official count--according to criteria I set for myself in mid-2016--I made just slightly over 40,000 posts on Tolkien forums between 16 December 2008 and 31 July 2016, which worked out to 14.4 posts per day, or one post every 100 minutes for more than seven and a half years. If you were to include non-Tolkien forums the average was roughly one post every 90 minutes.

I've deliberately scaled back my involvement in online forums since summer 2016, relatively speaking. My current official count (last updated yesterday, actually, as I'm tracking my activity on the first new forum I joined in a long time) is 47,728 for all forums, or 41,944 for just Tolkien forums. Neither figure includes my posts on Bree, which I estimate to have been in the 100 or 200 range but have no way of saying with confidence, or my alt accounts on Forumshire, which work out to about 100 posts (including this account since I have yet to incorporate it into the official count). However, it does include the handful of posts I made on the Plaza shortly after joining in 2007, which I'm fairly certain was less than 100.

...I said that tracking post counts was a pastime, alright? Rolling Eyes
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:56 pm

occasionally with himself- Malick

{{Hey!  Mad Its not my fault that sometimes there just isn't anyone else to turn too around here for a proper drunken conversation! Mad drunken }}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:01 pm

I have never kept track of my online forum activity down to specific figures, but I've been a member of maybe a dozen over the years, and my post count here is probably only rivalled (and actually probably surpassed) by my Reddit and IMDb accounts (though I have barely glanced at the latter site since they shut the message boards down a couple of years ago) though I think only here have I contributed anything of vague substance or interest to discussion, not really sure if you can call whiling away hours talking about nonsense on the internet productive though Laughing Razz Wink

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:05 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:occasionally with himself- Malick

{{Hey!  Mad Its not my fault that sometimes there just isn't anyone else to turn too around here for a proper drunken conversation! Mad drunken }}

I've contributed the occasional stream of sozzled drunken nonsensical gibberish here in my time Nod drunken but I'm not sure I'm brave enough to try and match you commendable level of buckie/beer induced post-a-thon's.

I'll freely admit to several nights drunkenly trolling and shitposting on my Reddit account, though that's par the course for most redditors anyway in my experience...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:08 pm

malickfan wrote:I have never kept track of my online forum activity down to specific figures, but I've been a member of maybe a dozen over the years, and my post count here is probably only rivalled (and actually probably surpassed) by my Reddit and IMDb accounts (though I have barely glanced at the latter site since they shut the message boards down a couple of years ago) though I think only here  have I contributed anything of vague substance or interest to discussion, not really sure if you can call whiling away hours talking about nonsense on the internet productive though Laughing Razz Wink

I've had two different Reddit accounts over the years which have combined for less than 50 posts. I didn't include that in the count though. Ditto for 4chan, where I probably made a similar number of posts back in the day but have no way of tracking. Was never on IMDb, personally.

I obviously make a lot of silly and chatty posts, but I like to think I've made my fair share of substantial posts mixed in on most sites. Still, forums would be a lot less fun if I was never able to shitpost. Razz There are only five where I've ever been active enough to start to feel settled in, though (seven if you count before and after forum migrations separately). Forumshire is by far where I've made the posts.
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:14 pm

Forumshire if by far the best forum I've ever been a member of, certainly a better sense of community, friendship and erm...uniqueness here than some of the other places I've posted in in the past. We may be a bit odd and cliquey, but I'd like to think we are all self aware and celebratory of it...pub

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:39 pm

{{Odd?!  Mad A drunken crabbit Scot, a foxy witch, a tax avoiding former admin, a leader from a Dark Planet, people who live upside down, a fiery Victorian- or possibly Edwardian- Emporium for Discreete Ladies owner, an overworked crusading lawyer, and a ball of fur, and anyone else I've missed due to drunken memory, odd? What's odd about us? Evil or Very Mad

Oh you must mean Odo, yes I see what you mean! Nod  }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:12 pm

GUYS GUYS!! LOOK !! LOOK!! [2] - Page 12 Dance_gif

yep, all normal here Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:18 pm

its definitely the best forum I have been a member of too, although this is the only forum I am a member of. Hurr durr
But yeah the best. Razz I have only ever been a Breelander and one or two raiding parties in TORN before they threw me out. Mad  3 times. Shocked
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:20 pm

Alas, eleventy-one posts is far too short a time to be amongst such excellent and admirable Forumhobbits. Fortunately, it's actually been far more than that I'm able to know and like you lot as much as we all like/deserve. cyclops

Also, I notice that Bluebottle is just a little more than 100 posts away from becoming our seventh member to reach 10K posts. Nod
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:30 pm

...and Eldy has set herself the task of climbing back up after a reset.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldy Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:39 pm

I really wanted to get user ID 333 to complement my original ID of 3, which I did, and I'm now sneaking up on reentering the Top 50. Nod
Eldy
Eldy
Loremistress Emerita

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:48 pm

hello. 

just getting in my annual post.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Hello Norc! :carrot:

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello Norc Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello dorc! oops my finger slipped

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:40 pm

Wave hiya Norclet
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:55 am

The little dingis pops in and pops off again. But Ringo hasn't been much better recently. Youngsters. Mad

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next