chris63
Tinuviel
Pettytyrant101
Ringdrotten
Eldorion
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers

Post by odo banks Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Nonsense! This is great news! Halleluah! cheers

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers - Page 2 Empty Re: Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers

Post by Tinuviel Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:18 pm

{{{{{{{{{{{I gave him spiked Ginger ale, but if he doesn't take it, I'll have to come up with something else. Let's just hope my husband doesn't get a hold of him, or there's no turning back!}}}}}}}}}}} I don't know what I'll do if that old scottshobbit dies because of me! I'll do whatever it takes to shove some Buckie down his throat!! Who else will get drunk with me when Beren's away and I have all the Buckie in Forumshire hidden away? WHO???? confused

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers - Page 2 Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:50 pm

"Yes it would have been. And it would have been lovely to see what the talented PJ could do with Arwen at Helm's Deep too, helping the man she loves fight for what is right and just. I would very much like to have seen that, along with the elves fighting there it would have been quite spectacular, and I am sure PJ would have done it justice as his choices throughout the films were finely taken and considered."- Me, apprently!

affraid Embarassed I was just going to delete this, expunge it from exisitence, but I have instead decided to leave it as a warning to others, and a constant reminder to myself, of why its important to reamain drunk at all times! In fact in light of this abomination of a commment I have decided to start drinking twice as much as before, just to be on the safe side. drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:15 pm

This came up on my facebook page, and I just kind of didn't know what to make of the title....

http://moviepilot.com/#movies/306549-maniac/containers/311854-frodo-goes-mental-beats-women?utm_campaign=frodo-goes-mental-in-maniac&utm_source=fb-stream-post&utm_medium=fb-stream-post

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:18 pm

He was a pretty vile, nasty character in Sin City- this sort of thing doesn't bother me- its acting, its what he is paid to do and bad people are nearly always more interesting and therefore more challenging and attractive roles for actors. People tying such images and other films to Frodo on the otherhand is just tasteless sensationalist journalim from the lower end of the market.

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:41 pm

I despise the t.....s who wrote that piece of s.... Extremely Crabbit its Heat magazine journalism at its worst.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:People tying such images and other films to Frodo on the otherhand is just tasteless sensationalist journalim from the lower end of the market.

Really? It came off to me more as a humorous hook line to get people to click. Besides, it gave them an excuse to say "crazier than an orc in heat". The comments section has even more jokes like that in it. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:40 pm

its humorous for adults, for kiddies Frodo is an innocent character, they might not get the joke. If they read that article of course. which they probably wont, but I just didnt like the mixing of the two, it seemed scraping the barrel journalism. and the photos were pretty graphic and crude, poor old Frodo. it made me crabbit. No

btw I am NOT a Great Eagle Banghead
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Mrs Figg wrote:its humorous for adults, for kiddies Frodo is an innocent character, they might not get the joke. If they read that article of course. which they probably wont

Bingo. Smile

but I just didnt like the mixing of the two, it seemed scraping the barrel journalism. and the photos were pretty graphic and crude, poor old Frodo. it made me crabbit. No

I can certainly see your point. In any event, the entire movie seems rather graphic, but that's Mr. Wood's prerogative to act in such material if he wants. I can't say that I have any personal interest in seeing it, though.

btw I am NOT a Great Eagle Banghead

If it's any comfort, I'm pretty sure that you're coming up on the next user rank in only four more posts. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Thu Dec 01, 2011 5:00 am

Nonetheless, I think the article was a bit raw, like it was humorous but in a pretty heavy way. Maybe it's because of the horribly dark subject and the images of him beating a girl Shocked But I couldn't help but grin because it just looked SOOOOOOOOO wrong! This guy just played a penguin again for crying out loud!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:24 am

"Really? It came off to me more as a humorous hook line to get people to click."- Eldo

It's using something which is populaist and family based to attract attention to an article about something which is not. Its not the subject matter I find any problems with its just a lazy form of journalism, cheap in the sense a monkey could write that sort of thing with a bit of prompting and the promise of a banana or two. Now coming up with an angle which was original and inventive or imaginative would have been better but would have required some actual work and skill on the part of the writer, this is just lazy and lazy journalism makes me crabbit (suprise, suprise).

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:10 pm

plus it was about as humorous and witty as trapped wind. Mad
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:34 am

but that doesn't seem humorous at all Mrs Figg Shocked ... but.... Suspect hee hee hee... so long as it's not happening to me... hee hee heee Laughing

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Talking of trapped wind, I thought this Hobbit Trailer was supposed to come out on the 16th in the UK and Europe in front of the new Sherlock film? But nobody seems to have seen it. Do we have to wait until the 21st I wonder?
No Suspect Crying or Very sad Sad confused Sleep scratch Banghead Shrugging Extremely Crabbit
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:27 am

All the recent reports I've seen so far have said that it's being released in North America on the 21st alongside Tintin. I haven't heard any reports about when the trailer will be released in the rest of the world. It'll be available online, of course, so perhaps they're relying primarily on that. In any event, I saw the new Sherlock film this evening (opening day! Cool) and there was no Hobbit trailer attached. I caught a pretty sweet trailer for The Dark Knight Rises, though. cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:30 am

I think Tiin tin is already out in Europe. So they will need to stick it on something else, so might be Sherlock which I think is just opening here, or opening soon- do warners brohers have any other films coming out in the run up to xmas in Europe?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:41 am

Tintin's been out in Europe for about two months and obviously the trailer isn't attached to it. I'm sure that this and future trailers will be attached to many different films as the release date gets closer, but I'm not sure what (if anything) it will be attached to at this point outside North America. It won't necessarily be a Warner Bros. film. Tintin isn't.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:52 am

Well, it appears that the trailer will have an Internet premiere of sorts a day before Tintin is released in North America. According to the USA Today (and subsequently filtering through the blogosphere) there will be a streaming version of the trailer and apparently other stuff, but I'm not clear on where this stream will be shown from.

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/entertainment/post/2011/12/hobbit-trailer-to-premiere-dec-20/1
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:03 am

Alright! Lovely! I'll just have facebook, youtube, and whatever else there is open on the 20th and keep hitting the refresh button!

Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:35 am

Sounds like a plan. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:08 am

Elijah Wood gives Hobbit spoilers - Page 2 Frodo10
chris63
chris63
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Dec 19, 2011 5:05 am

lol!
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:45 pm

Could Elijah Wood get any cuter? I love you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum