azriel
Orwell
halfwise
Mrs Figg
Pettytyrant101
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Empty The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 9:58 pm

{{The idea for this thread is I will make a few following posts- so please dont post any replies yet- there will be a post for picures one for videos and a picture post for Tolkien related creations.

As new stuff is made by folks it will be added to the relevant post rather than making a new post so it all stays in the one place and all together on the first page, making everything easy to find.

Obviously anyone who has a picture or video to submit, unless they are a MOD, cannot just add them to my posts, so ideally if you could send me the link to them, or the picture itself and I can upload it and so put it in the right thread. Or a mod can do it by just moving th epost into one of the exisitng ones.

So get your creative juices flowing and make something Forumshire or Tolkien themed- the only real rule is it has to be a unique creation.

(Anyone got links to Norc's Forumshire pictures to add to the thread?}}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Empty Re: The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:04 pm

Forumshire Themed Videos

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Empty Re: The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:06 pm

Forumshire Pictures

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Peepz2_by_nimrail-d95wnu4_zpszgmhuyv4

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery So_many_faces_by_nimrail-d8cg9x5_zpszdyq5owj

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Law_and_order_ftw_by_nimrail-d7jubsh_zpsuykx25nn

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Christmas_dinner_by_nimrail-d6vmp70_zpsdrqnb9n8

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Que__by_nimrail-d7jubnj_zpsut5wypxj

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 6%20Ampostcard_zpsjvwg6jra

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 1%20muck%20n%20duck_zpsuhpz2jgf

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 2%20daves%20farm_zps4zthjplt

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 3%20rushock%20bog_zpssasjakaq

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 4%20Needlehole%20square_zpsb5j8objc

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 5%20Tower%20of%20lore_zpshmf91dyp

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 6%20Ampostcard_zpsjvwg6jra

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:37 pm; edited 3 times in total

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:07 pm

Tolkien Themed Pictures

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 2c_zpskzsxnpco

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Moria%20gate_zps5va97zu0

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Minas%20tirithb_zpsuxxv4awr

{{You can reply now if you wish!}}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:38 pm

{{{Managed to track down Norcs deviant art gallery and add her brilliant Forumshire related ones to the pictures post above. }}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:44 pm

Thumbs Up this is a good idea, it keeps everything in one place
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:26 pm

{{{I know there are more Norc ones about- I recall some great ones she did for the red carpet for one of the awards- but dont have time to hunt them down right now, so if anyone happens to know where they are or has the time to go have a look for them that would be a great help}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jun 05, 2016 11:56 pm

Wait a minute.....I just realized I look suspiciously like Leopold. Suspect

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 am

Were you just too shy to leave out Norc's art with your portrait, Petty?

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Forum210

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jun 12, 2016 2:40 pm

Brilliant stuff all. cheers

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Mmmmm Very Happy Halfy does look like Leopold Razz just wanna ruffle his head & say "good doggie" Laughing

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:37 pm

While watching the Euros I've also been paying attention to the designs of the stadiums, especially the square ones since those are pretty rare in the US. I decided over the weekend to build my own in Minecraft since it's been a while since I've tried a big project in that (I've previously posted pictures of my Helm's Deep model I think). I spent probably about 10 hours over the past four days working on this, though I made use of the copy and paste function in the WorldEdit mod. You can't rotate the copied blocks though (or at least I don't know how to), so it wasn't as helpful as I thought it might have been.

The pitch is as close to scale as I could make it. Each block in Minecraft is ostensibly a cubic meter; I followed the schematics for the scoring area on Wikipedia and used Old Trafford's dimensions for the overall size. Certain other elements were loosely inspired by Camp Nou. I wasn't nearly ambitious to try to make a scale model of either of those; mine is of course much smaller. My best guess is that it would seat between 7000 and 8000; I used step blocks to represents the seats but obviously in reality there'd have to be walkways between sections of seats. There are also 22 luxury/press boxes.

Behold: Needlehole Stadium! (click on any of the below images to see the full-size version)

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery WLItJzKl

The lower "bowl" of the stadium has 10 rows of seats, the upper deck has 15. The spacing between the vomitoria is not entirely consistent since I was a little careless early on.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 9YEevo9l

I had to make some concessions on pitch layout (relative to real pitches) since you can't draw lines narrower than one meter. Unfortunately, it didn't occur to me until I was already fairly far in that to have the penalty marks centered I needed the pitch to be an odd number of blocks in width.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery UFjFHjkl

I initially used white carpet blocks as the lines since that was easier, but after I was done making adjustments I went back and replaced them with wool blocks so the lines would be flush with the surrounding grass blocks. I used cobweb blocks for the goal net. The black line around the field is supposed to represent the advertising boards.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery Z2cdOLdl

The stadium was almost entirely built out of smooth sandstone blocks. I used glowstone for illumination of the walkways. The underhang of the lower level seating really dark so bats started spawning there. They kept startling me so I built a wall of dirt bricks around the base so that they couldn't get out.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery FfmtcFYl

I thought about extending the upper decks all the way around the stadium but decided against it, in part because it would have blocked sunlight (the short end in the foreground of this picture faces east). It took me several tries to get the walkways between the levels right but I was pretty happy with how it turned out. The stadium is so large that the far side brushes up against the limits of how far Minecraft's rendering will let you see.

The Forumshire Picture and Video Gallery 49fjO1Wl

The lettering in the stands (created using dark oak stairs as opposed to the standard sandstone ones) was one of the last touches I added. I used a tutorial on creating letters with needlepoint as my guide. Yes, that's a Beatles quote around the edge. The size of the gap in the middle of the word "THAT" is because the rain covers over the technical areas otherwise would have obscured the words when viewed from pitch level.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:53 pm

{{{Nice piece of work Eldo Thumbs Up The writing is a nice touch and the stairwell must have been a pain in the arse too- so good job on it. Any chance of a vid to go with it? }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by odo banks Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:15 am

Concede, a very good job, but wHen building stadiums, young Mister Eldorion, I hope the Great Needlehole Council does have plans for my local team, Rushock Bog FC, affectionately known as the the Rushock Bog Rodents.

Respectable Hobbit of Needlehole

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:21 am

Thanks Petty. Very Happy I don't do much with videos but I recorded a short walking tour of the stadium. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add audio in Quicktime (and I didn't save the version that trimmed off the very end bits and I'm too lazy to reupload it now). This shows a bit more though, including the passage to the changing rooms (I didn't actually build any rooms through the doorways though).

Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:26 am

odo banks wrote:Concede, a very good job, but wHen building stadiums, young Mister Eldorion, I hope the Great Needlehole Council does have plans for my local team, Rushock Bog FC, affectionately known as the the Rushock Bog Rodents.

I'll be sure to bring it up at the next council meeting, but unfortunately there are only so many generous tax breaks that can be given in one fiscal year, you know. study
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:17 am

Unfortunately I can't figure out how to add audio in Quicktime- Eldo

{{Couldn't resist a quick muck about with it Eldo old chap, sorry about that, especially the editing stuff out parts....}}}

{{Not sure about walking about the place with your thing in your hand Eldo, but thats young folk these days! Mad }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:49 am

I love it! cheers Thanks so much Petty; your edited version is great. Love the avatar edits you did too. Very Happy

{{{Minecraft's version of a hand does look pretty suspect I agree. Embarassed}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:59 am

{{And to think of all the children that play minecraft too. Mad Its probably a disgrace. Down with this sort of thing!}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:26 am

I love it ! Smile It makes a tight knit family feeling also Smile Nice to keep it in one place Smile Nice to pop into now & again Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:34 pm

Don't think I have ever seen Norclets interpretation of me!
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:57 pm

I wonder what people think if they stumble across that channel randomly on youtube...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:00 pm

My favourite bit about the stadium is that it contains earthen chambers of spawning bats underneath it. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:47 am

Heh. I ran into the same issue with my (still unfinished) Hogwarts build when I was doing the basement. I was using world edit to clear out the huge space of the kitchens but by the time I added lighting there were a ton of bats in there. I checked back some time later though (once the place was well lit) though and they seemed to have disappeared. Shrugging

I ran into a similar problem with horses and other farm animals spawning on both the field for the stadium and the courtyards of Hogwarts but I managed to chase them all out (and/or bludgeon the stubborn ones).
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:59 am

Be nice to have a Christmas Scene Smile There have been rumours bandying about that we (uk ) might be up to our ear'oles in snow this year ? We could have our own Forumshire Winter ? Smile

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next