UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

+12
odo banks
chris63
RA
Ringdrotten
Orwell
halfwise
Bluebottle
Lancebloke
Nagual
malickfan
azriel
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by azriel Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:39 am

We did ok didnt we BEFORE fooking Euro market ? I think we sold abroad & managed to keep afloat in ye olden days ? I remember living standards wasnt as it is today & there certainly wasnt any food banks !!! Now, its shop after shop closing down, factories laying off, work going abroad to cheaper locations. Its utter bullshit to say we are making a recovery. The ones with a growing piggy bank always say that to lull you into a false state so you keep trudging on, living a shit life so Mr 'Im rolling in dosh' Smith can continue with his happy existence !

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Empty Re: UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain)

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:18 am

IDS lives off his wifes money. he is the biggest scrounger going.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:13 pm

You really dont like IDS do you Figgsy Smile I dont blame you. His head is so far up his arse all he can hear is his own echo Nod

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:39 pm

I think he is a sadistic sociopath let loose on the sick and disabled. One day I hope karma bites his ass.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:28 pm

It has a habit of coming back around, those who dish out the shit drown in the shit
UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Woodstock-fem-woodstock-female-happy-smiley-emoticon-000222-large_zpszcstr77l

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:55 am

Whether this is true or not (and it's The Sun so it probably isn't), I can't help but feel some schadenfreude at Cameron getting a taste of his own medicine (I still remember his "purring" comment from the Scottish referendum).

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 5NcTdnql
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:59 am

Well yes Eldo, it is The Sun & like all litter tray newspapers it does have a tendency to embroider things to the size of the Bayeux Tapestry. Its shit stirring with its fingers behind its back as Im right in thinking that Queenie may Rule Britannia but, she cant do or say anything.Which seems daft to me, & daft to have an expensive ornament no one can use.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:42 pm

{{{{ A Buckingham Palace spokesman said: "We can confirm that we have this morning written to the chairman of the Independent Press Standards Organisation to register a complaint about the front page story in today's Sun newspaper.
"The complaint relates to Clause One of the Editors' Code of Practice."
The Editors' Code of Practice is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO). Clause One refers to accuracy, saying "the Press must take care not to publish inaccurate, misleading or distorted information or images, including headlines not supported by the text".
It also states "while free to editorialise and campaign, the Press must distinguish clearly between comment, conjecture and fact". - BBC

Traditionally and constitutionally the Monarch is above the fray of politics- her political views are an unknown- as she has to advise all PM's of whatever party gets elected. The closest she has ever come to interfering political was the Sottish referendum where 4 day before the vote she told a voter '"I hope people will think very carefully about the future" which was widely interpreted to be a pro-union position- however that's the thing- it still had to be 'interpreted' to be this- it might not have been, it could be taken to mean 'I hope people think about it no matter how they are voting'. In this case the Sun is claiming to be stating her personal position- and that is constitutionally dangerous- so no surprise the Palace are taking a hard line here wit a complaint}}}}

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:34 pm

azriel wrote:We did ok didnt we BEFORE fooking Euro market ? I think we sold abroad & managed to keep afloat in ye olden days ? I remember living standards wasnt as it is today & there certainly wasnt any food banks !!! Now, its shop after shop closing down, factories laying off, work going abroad to cheaper locations. Its utter bullshit to say we are making a recovery. The ones with a growing piggy bank always say that to lull you into a false state so you keep trudging on, living a shit life so Mr 'Im rolling in dosh' Smith can continue with his happy existence !

There wasn't a Euro market and we had just come out of a second world war following centuries of fighting in Europe. And we will probably be ok outside after 5-10 years of sorting everything out, probably at an extra cost and with many of the same issues as we have now... possibly a few more.
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:43 pm

Two Crocodiles were sitting at the side of the River Thames.

The smaller one turned to the bigger one and said,

'I can't understand how you can be so much bigger than me.

We're the same age, we were the same size as kids - I just don't get it.'

'Well,' said the big Croc, 'what have you been eating?'

'Politicians, same as you,' replied the small Croc.

'Hmm. Well, where do you catch them?'

'On the other side of the river near the car park at Westminster'

'Same here. Hmm.....How do you catch them?'

asked the big Croc.

'Well, I crawl up under one of their big Lexus, BMW or Mercedes cars and wait for one to unlock the car door. Then I jump out, grab them by the leg, shake the shit out of them and eat 'em!'

'Ah!' says the big Crocodile, 'I think I see your problem. You're not getting any real nourishment.

See, by the time you finish shaking the shit out of a Politician, there's nothing much left but an arsehole with a briefcase.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:45 pm

and after watching Osborne with his little red briefcase yesterday I couldn't agree more.

the wanker.

so the fascist dictatorship has just screwed disabled people into the grave some more. I am glad Jeremy ripped the Tories a new one, loved the look one their ugly morally bankrupt faces when he accused them of destroying dignity of the vulnerable.
Unfortunately Jeremy, its just words.

Last edited by Mrs Figg on Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 17, 2016 2:49 pm

Laughing
agreed !
I bet he'd squeal like a mouse if someone hit him, Id like him lynched please, & that twat IDS !!!!

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:02 pm

I know the rest of the world is doubled over with laughter at our current elections, but I just wanted you all to know that we're watching your polls too.  :drum:

RRS Boaty McBoatface leads in poll to name polar research vessel

The good news for the Natural Environment Research Council’s decision to crowd-search a name for its latest polar research vessel is unprecedented public engagement in a sometimes niche area of scientific study. The bad news? Sailing due south in a vessel that sounds like it was christened by a five-year-old who has drunk three cartons of Capri-Sun.

Just a day after the NERC launched its poll to name the £200m vessel – which will first head to Antarctica in 2019 – the clear favourite was RRS Boaty McBoatface, with well over 18,000 votes. The RRS stands for royal research ship.

The NERC – which was wise enough to ask that people “suggest” names, giving it future wriggle room – asked for ideas to be inspirational.

Some undoubtedly were, with its website, which kept crashing on Sunday under the weight of traffic, showing dozens of serious suggestions connected to inspiring figures such as Sir David Attenborough, or names such as Polar Dream.

But the bulk of entries were distinctly less sober drunken . Aside from the leading contender, ideas included Its Bloody Cold Here, What Iceberg, Captain Haddock, Big Shipinnit, Science!!! and Big Metal Floaty Thingy-thing.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/mar/20/eccentric-choices-surface-in-quest-to-name-polar-research-vessel

UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 UJpDi UK in/out referendum on the EU (Brexit vs Bremain) - Page 2 Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Laughing
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Mar 27, 2016 5:54 pm

I wish they would actually go with that name, but sadly these sorts of Internet polls are rarely followed through on. Maybe they could do like the International Space Station and at least name one of the life boats that. Razz

{{{The ISS had a poll to determine what to name a new module, Stephen Colbert got his fans to win the poll, but instead of naming the module after him they decided to go with a treadmill instead, calling it the Combined Operational Load Bearing External Resistance Teadmill, or C.O.L.B.E.R.T. for short.}}}
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:57 pm

{{Um, I'd double check the date if I were you Eldo  Wink - though the line - 'Using outside experts who advised that the intervention would need to be presented by a figure with impeccable European credentials, a strong affinity with the continent and the character to speak out, the family has decided that the move should fronted by Prince Philip.' There is not a person in the UK could read that with a straight face, Philip is famous for insulting foreigners with off the cuff remarks}}}}

{{{{Where did your post go Eldo? scratch Mad }}}

Last edited by Pettytyrant101 on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:59 pm

I had just woken up and in any event the date appeared as March 31 for me due to time zones, but yeah the Prince Philip bit was what clued me in so I deleted it.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:59 pm

{{{ Laughing }}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:00 pm

I did get a good chuckle out of "we can't leave it to Cameron, look what he did with the Scottish referendum" too. Laughing
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Apr 01, 2016 5:43 pm

I'm probably going to vote to stay in I think...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:38 pm

expats are up shit creek if we leave, so I am voting IN too.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:51 pm

{{{{Hold on do we actually agree on something politically and are voting the same way?!! Shocked Well, this is an unusual sensation, I don't know how to feel about that No I've no frame of reference for actually agreeing with you Mad }}}}

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:34 pm

If Forumshire votes to stay in and the referendum sends us the other way, can we officially look to split from the UK?
Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:59 pm

what I want to know is can we expel Ozzies from our borders?
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:21 pm

Lancebloke wrote:If Forumshire votes to stay in and the referendum sends us the other way, can we officially look to split from the UK?

Well we were originally founded by a Manxman so I'm not sure where that leaves us. Razz
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next