Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account?

5 posters

Go down

Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account? Empty Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account?

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:15 am

I'm not particularly computer literate, so bare with me if I'm being a thicky and missing the obvious.

It's not a problem, as I read (or ignore) the notifications before I delete them, and usually check the forum a couple of times a week anyway, even If I'm not actively posting...I was just wondering why? (it's been like this for as long as I can remember), I use the same account for a couple of other forums and I've never had a similar  'issue'

Would it be a 'problem my end' or something to do with the way the forum is configured, what would mark them as spam?

Suspect confused scratch

*Solved...I am A Thicky who ticked the wrong box...

Last edited by malickfan on Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 am; edited 2 times in total

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account? Empty Re: Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account?

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:16 am

Cuz we're the kings and queens of spam!

Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account? Latest?cb=20151007234727

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account? Empty Re: Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account?

Post by halfwise Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:18 am

I'm surprised you have topic reply notifications turned on: for a forum that can fill your inbox up pretty quick.

You may accidentally marked one of them as spam once, and there you are.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:18 am

bungobaggins wrote:Cuz we're the kings and queens of spam!

Curious...why do Topic Reply notifications show up as spam in my email account? Latest?cb=20151007234727

Laughing

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:19 am

Image of Malick opening his email after Petty has gone on a posting rampage.

Spoiler:

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 am

halfwise wrote:
You may accidentally marked one of them as spam once, and there you are.

Ah...yeah that would probably explain it, I'll just check my email settings.

As I said I had a feeling it was me being a thicky Embarassed Embarassed

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:20 am

I don't use the e-mail notifications for anything but PMs, but I imagine that your spam filter just thought that a bunch of automated messages from the same account were probably spam. In Gmail you can mark a message as "not spam" and that will often put the sender on the whitelist. If that doesn't work, try adding the e-mail address it's coming from to your contacts list, as that usually does the trick.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:23 am

Eldorion wrote:I don't use the e-mail notifications for anything but PMs, but I imagine that your spam filter just thought that a bunch of automated messages from the same account were probably spam. In Gmail you can mark a message as "not spam" and that will often put the sender on the whitelist. If that doesn't work, try adding the e-mail address it's coming from to your contacts list, as that usually does the trick.

It's a yahoo account, but thanks for the advice...it was just me being a thicky and leaving e-mail notes on, as I said it makes no difference as I usually check the forum first anyway if I'm going to be posting.

Might as well delete this thread now

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:31 am

Cheers, Malick. Glad you got it figured out. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:33 am

malick, go to your profile on notifications and take away all the boxes and save and then on preferences and read through and tick away the boxes involving email notifications or notifications in general and save Smile i have no problems with spam. only time i get emails is when i forget my password.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:35 am

Norc wrote:malick, go to your profile on notifications and take away all the boxes and save and then on preferences and read through and tick away the boxes involving email notifications or notifications in general and save Smile i have no problems with spam. only time i get emails is when i forget my password.

Yeah, I figured it out eventually Laughing Embarassed

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum