Radaghast
azriel
malickfan
bungobaggins
Eldorion
20 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Changing of the Guard (All, Please)

Post by azriel Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:11 am

As I scrolled down that image of Odo looked just like a little chipolata...

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Empty Re: A Changing of the Guard (All, Please)

Post by azriel Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:14 am

I like lying in different positions................
when I feel a downer coming on....................
Like, under the table & stare out the patio door or............
sitting on top of a wall unit Ive got & just quietly looking round the room...till I fade away, lost in thought, then I perk up, but you gotta leave me alone, all this "you in a mood ?" will only make things worse & IL tell you to fook off severely ! Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:14 pm

That's one of the reasons my life brought me back to the country, Az. There a times when a person's just gotta be alone, and I could never feel truly alone in a city with half a million souls breathing and thinking and living all around me No

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:00 pm

I agree David. It doesnt help when as you look out the window, instead of fields, you can see your neighbours kitchen, & hear the tenants upstairs arguing or......( you work it out ! Laughing )

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:40 pm

E.B. White was asked to write an essay entitled "Here is New York". He started by saying one of the gifts New York confers is that of solitude. In other words, it's so big and busy that it's easy to disconnect. What made it interesting is he chose it as the first sentence of the essay!

I prefer having nature close at hand, and it's actually not so far from me since I'm right at the edge of the city. But I'd rather not have to make an effort to get there.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:01 pm

Fashionably late as always.. Wink I wish I possessed a tenth of the eloquency you do, but since I don't, I'll make it (alot) shorter.

I've moved around alot since I joined the forum back in 2010. In 2011 I moved to Oslo and joined the army (sounds so much more badass in English than it does in Fjordian), two years later I moved north, and more often than not, when I went home on leave one or both of my parents had moved to a new place. All this moving around has meant making new friends, but also losing contact with others, which I guess is inevitable at my age.

What I'm trying to say is, this forum has been the one constant variable for me these past five and a half years, and even though my visits have become less and less frequent, it has meant alot to me that I could always check in here and you would all still be here, and never a bad word for "running off" - on the contrary, people are glad to see you return. Some who have never experienced how rewarding it can be to be part of an internet community such as this one might call that sad. Their loss, I say - the discussions on this forum, the friendly tone, the laughs, the serious moments, and most of all the people I've met through this forum have been nothing short of an enrichment to my life. And if not for you, Eldo, this one constant variable would have disappeared before long too, but you stepped up and gave us a new home.
For that I am enormously grateful.

I'm glad you're not leaving entirely, it's been a pleasure knowing you all this time, and I hope I'll continue knowing you for a long, long time yet - you are quite a remarkable fellow, as Gandalf might have said Smile

This song kept going around in my head while I read your post

A little grim, perhaps, but a nice song nonetheless - and luckily, you're sticking around for a while still Smile

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:30 pm

Thank you for all your kind words, Ringo. Smile I'm glad that the forum has meant that much to you too. I've only had one move in my time here (not counting going back and forth to living on campus), though it was quite a jarring one for me despite not covering that great a distance. The best and most rewarding thing I can hear from people on here is that the forum has given them joy and a refuge as well. It always makes me smile to see when you've come back and posted, and I too look forward to seeing you around for many years to come. Smile

NB Thanks for adding to the playlist for this thread, I'm gonna go through and put them all in a list somewhere. Very Happy
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jan 27, 2016 6:44 pm

Awh, sad but lovely song Ringo Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:46 pm

Nod

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 pm

I wanted Gavin Mikhail's cover, but the original will have to do.

And to echo Orwell's promise to hunt you down if you try to run away....

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Lancebloke Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Eldo - I have always steered clear of politics on the forum because, frankly, I have enough of that shit at work!! So, on that point and the running of the site in general, I will say that since I haven't noticed anything bad, that normally means that things are very well run. As that chief, that puts the blame for smooth runnings squarely on you.... so well done!!

On a personal note, as you mentioned I am a refugee from Breeland that struggled to these shores in my rapidly deflating rubber ring a while back. Other than those that I already knew from our former home, you were one of the first to welcome me and have subsequently got yourself involved in the majority of my threads or comments since then. As you also mentioned, I am quite enigmatic when it comes to these forums for reasons from being super busy at home, travelling the world or trying to keep my view of the forum fresh and so I haven't really gotten to know everybody a huge amount. It is therefore nice that I have made an impression on you as much as you have on me here and would confirm that you are one of the few online profiles that I would consider a friend. Hopefully this move wont mean you will start to drift away from the forums as I am sure I am not the only one who likes to come back on here and see the old guard still going strong.

Amarie - I hope your new found powers a put to appropriate use. I would like to offer my services (of which shall remain hidden until you make a direct request) in favour of the order. Long shall darkness reign!

Lancebloke
Lancebloke
Tamer and master of Large Metallic Fell Beasts

http://www.lancebloke.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:55 am

Ringdrotten wrote:I'm glad you're not leaving entirely, it's been a pleasure knowing you all this time, and I hope I'll continue knowing you for a long, long time yet - you are quite a remarkable fellow, as Gandalf might have said Smile

This song kept going around in my head while I read your post

A little grim, perhaps, but a nice song nonetheless - and luckily, you're sticking around for a while still Smile
 Excellent choice of music Ringo!  Thumbs Up  I went through quite the Killers phase back in the day, and this was one of my favourites.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:13 am

@Amarie, it's good to have more songs. Though I'm starting to get a little worried with all these "warnings". Almost seems like some people here want to hunt me down and then have me at their mercy. Sofa Though I guess I already knew Orwell felt that way. Wink

@Lance, I can definitely understand wanting to steer clear of forum politics. I'm glad that what little drama we've had hasn't impeded the functioning of the forum. I definitely wanted to take an active role in all aspects of the forum as admin, but also because I just really like posting here. At times when I've needed a break, I've really appreciated being able to come back and see things still chugging along, so it's really gratifying that you find my activity to be part of that. It's always great to have you around when you have the time for it. I'm proud to have you as a friend, and I look forward to continuing to post here for a good long while still. Smile
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:29 am

If it becomes necessary to deal with you merciliessly, Eldo, I will! Mad But, because of our long friendship, I'll try to be as merciful as mercilessly possible. Can't be fairer than that. Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:31 am

Hey! I made 8,000 posts and no one noticed! The times indeed are changin'! Very Happy

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:23 pm

cheers Nice one Orwell!!!! :carrot: :carrot: Have yourself a celebratory buckie Nod and while your at the bar may as well get me one too so I can drink your health, there's a good chap Nod pub drunken

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:48 pm

I'll take what I can get then, Orwell. Razz

And congrats on your 8K! cheers
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:24 pm

Eldorion wrote:@Amarie, it's good to have more songs. Though I'm starting to get a little worried with all these "warnings". Almost seems like some people here want to hunt me down and then have me at their mercy. Sofa Though I guess I already knew Orwell felt that way. Wink

@Lance, I can definitely understand wanting to steer clear of forum politics. I'm glad that what little drama we've had hasn't impeded the functioning of the forum. I definitely wanted to take an active role in all aspects of the forum as admin, but also because I just really like posting here. At times when I've needed a break, I've really appreciated being able to come back and see things still chugging along, so it's really gratifying that you find my activity to be part of that. It's always great to have you around when you have the time for it. I'm proud to have you as a friend, and I look forward to continuing to post here for a good long while still. Smile

Well Orwell is Orwell, of course. I know I quickly turn to jokes and such, but I'd miss you, 's all...

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth."
-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:46 pm

Embarassed Thanks, Amarië. Embarassed
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Amarië Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:01 pm

*cough* Yes, well, um. So, playlist ey?
Embarassed

-Marcus Aurelius

#amarieco
Amarië
Amarië
Dark Planet Ambassador

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Amarië wrote:*cough* Yes, well, um. So, playlist ey?
Embarassed

You're too sweet. I love you Kissing

I'm still trying to decide if I want to put them in a different order (I'm thinking probably), but these are all the songs that have been posted so far:

Free Bird - Lynyrd Skynyrd
Send Me On My Way - Rusted Root
You Sexy Thing (I Believe in Miracles) - Hot Chocolate
I’m a Believer - The Monkees
You’ve Got a Friend - Carole King
Highwayman - Hoffmaestro
Gotta Knock a Little Harder - The Seatbelts
Golden Slumbers / Carry That Weight / The End - The Beatles
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
With a Little Help From My Friends - Joe Cocker
Exitlude - The Killers
Carry On - Gavin Mikhail ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4b1TQkuVLI )
One Way Or Another - Blondie
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:12 pm

Naturally every playlist has to lead with Freebird. Razz

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:47 pm

May I suggest Enterlude and Exitlude (both by The Killers) as the first and last songs? Smile

A Changing of the Guard (All, Please) - Page 5 Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:57 pm

I had been considering the Beatles medley for the final track, but listening to Enterlude now (and having heard Exitlude when you first posted it), it would be quite fitting as well. Nod
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:48 pm

I'd suggest this..

"Everything will change.. ooooh..."

Although, I guess it might suggest you are starting a new forum. Shrugging

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next