chris63
Eldorion
Mrs Figg
azriel
Bluebottle
19 posters

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by azriel Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Eyeliner%20legolas_zpsohh62dmz

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Empty Re: Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4]

Post by azriel Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:41 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Speed%20dial%20lotrs_zpsk68zcxl7

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:42 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Bilbo%20gives%20a%20fook_zps58aaunyd

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:59 pm

lol!

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:58 pm

Laughing *insert Martin Freeman flipping the bird montage video here*
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:45 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 IMG_3083

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:55 pm

No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:34 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Tumblr_mhoddihqoM1qa095xo1_500h

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:36 pm

Laughing

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:37 pm

chris63 wrote:Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 IMG_3083

*This has been a commercial message on behalf of the New Zealand Tourist Board*

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:40 pm

More bizzare than funny:

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n1b0hcA0bt1re2buz

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:44 pm

malickfan wrote:More bizzare than funny:

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n1b0hcA0bt1re2buz

Wink

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:05 pm

Doesnt have the same menacing feel somehow Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Jul 01, 2015 5:12 pm

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n1b0hcA0bt1re2buz[/quote]

I can see it now................
"'ere I dont like the rain ! it trickles alllllllllll down my hood "

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:58 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 IMG_0931

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:59 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Screenshot%2Bfrom%2B2015-07-02%2B19%253A10%253A58

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by chris63 Fri Jul 03, 2015 9:18 am

Lord of the Rings Humour: Parodies, Satires and More [4] - Page 2 Post%2B4

Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:40 pm

Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:28 pm

Very Happy
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:13 am

All the family is out for the holiday and I wasn't invited AND I have the farm chores I have to do tonight so I can't go out.
And so, I've taken to semi-trolling the Lord of the Rings reddit page.

I'm feeling at a bit of a lowpoint in terms of my usefulness to humanity.

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:02 am

I'm actually quite happy with these sections I put up on said reddit. The discussion was about scenes that worked better in the movies than in the books.

Forest Shepherd wrote:There are many scenes that deviate from how things happened in the book but are immensely satisfying visually. Unfortunately, the rationale behind why these things are happening and the basic story-telling surrounding said scenes is often quite poor, but as a young first-time viewer of the films that didn't take away from my enjoyment.

So, for example, it makes absolutely no sense for Aragorn to bugger off and leave the hobbits alone on Amon Sul, but the visuals of the Wraiths closing in on the hobbits is chillingly cool.

And Elrond would never have allowed his only daughter to wander the woods alone (and Aragorn would not allow her to risk the Ring-wraiths) but the chase sequence on horseback is one of the best scenes in the trilogy in terms of editing, score and cinematography.

But when I really get into it and start analyzing everything in comparison to the books, I end up just getting crabby about it and being a bit nitpicky. I really don't like how we actually see Butterbur cowering behind a counter as the wraiths walk through the Inn's front door. It may not build the Nazgul up as well as it should, but I really like how in the books they don't just ride around cutting hobbit's heads off. They are weaker in the book, and they must resort to manipulation and stealth. And when it comes down to it, that makes for a much more interesting story than the execution of brute force.

and

Forest Shepherd wrote: Among critics of the films that is one of the worst offenders in terms of Jackson and Co. taking cool-looking visuals and using them in the film with a strong disregard of practicality. There is no sensible way to stock and maintain a year-round beacon on the snowy upper-side of a mountain as some of the beacons are in the movie. Similarly, it makes no sense at all to build beacons in a place that is often covered by mist or cloud-cover. Constructing beacons that's function is based entirely off of maintaining line-of-sight with its fellows and placing those line of beacons on the lower and upper-side of the cloud-layer defeats the whole point!

I like the visuals of that sequence from the film because it's kind of fun and the mountain shots are beautiful, but I can more readily enjoy the way the sequence is presented in the book when Pippin mistakes the fires flaring up on the passing hilltops for dragon's flames as he rides with Gandalf through the night.

As you can see I lend far too much of an ear to Petty's way of thinking these days. Razz

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:07 am

That brings back memories of the good old days of my hardcore purism. Laughing Ah, to be 16 again and snickering through the entire beacons scene with a friend during the first time either of us got to see ROTK in a theatre. Rolling Eyes
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:44 am

2011? Suspect

Well I can't say I'm surprised. A) You were sixteen and they can be a snarky bunch with their new-found knowledge of the world, and B) That sounds like a special commemorative viewing and so the crowd would probably be all dressed up and such.

Oh wait that was for The Hobbit premiere wasn't it.

Well I saw RotK when I was 12. And there was far less snickering and far more blown-mind, so to speak.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:44 pm

And when I watched DOS there wasn't any snickering on my part, just a forlorn indifference (occasionally interspersed by a loud sigh), I really wish I cared enough to be dissapointed, but alas It just bored me Sad

On the other hand when I watched AUJ in the cinema, there was a middle aged bloke doing a loud running commentary 'That wasn't in the book!' 'Why is he covered in bird crap?, is that why they call Him Radagast The Brown?' the whole way through, evidently he hadn't kept up with any news of the 'additions from the appendices', I'd never really considered myself a purist beforehand, but I think reading up about the changes beforehand definitely allowed me to appreciate the film more on its own terms. I did catch about 10 minutes of AUJ the other night on TV, don't feel any differently...

And I still remember watching FOTR for the first time, took me quite a while to pick my jaw off the floor...

I'm sure next time I sit down and watch the films I could be nitpicky and take note of all the differences and random gaps in logic (I actually never really considered any of the points you mentioned Forest) but I choose not to...that's probably one of the reasons I've stayed largely away from the Purist edits discussion, whatever LOTR's faults as an adaptation, they are still solidly entertaining blockbusters, and I'd rather remember them as such, if I were to sit down and analyse them the same way as TH I think I'll come away a little dissapointed...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Forest Shepherd wrote:2011?  Suspect

Yeah Laughing

Well I can't say I'm surprised. A) You were sixteen and they can be a snarky bunch with their new-found knowledge of the world, and B) That sounds like a special commemorative viewing and so the crowd would probably be all dressed up and such.

I'm not exactly proud of it, but the crowd there was fairly rowdy so I don't feel too bad. I was probably more snarky about the beacons than I would have been otherwise because (1) I was there with a friend and (2) I had relatively recently gotten into a big argument on TORn where someone basically told me I couldn't criticize the beacons scene cause I couldn't understand what it was like to see it on the big screen.

Well I saw RotK when I was 12. And there was far less snickering and far more blown-mind, so to speak.

I first read the books when I was nine (sometime in very early 2004, to the best of my memory), but my parents didn't let me watch PG-13 movies in general. After much wheedling my dad agreed to let my younger brother and I watch FOTR and ROTK (though he fast-forwarded through Smeagol strangling Deagol and the head catapult scene), though he made us skip TTT because he thought Helm's Deep was too violent. He might have been right cause I was a really wimpy kid and despite already having read the books looked away for most of the Gollum parts cause he freaked me out. Razz These were all the theatrical editions. I didn't see the films again until early summer 2007 when I was 12 and I saw about two-thirds of ROTK-EE at a friend's birthday party. He had seen them all before and his dad had the all-in-one EE box set. I had gotten significantly less wimpy by that point, though one of the other kids watching insisted on yelling "asshole!" whenever Denethor was onscreen. Razz But I was sufficiently impressed and excited by ROTK that I got all three LOTR movies through my dad's Netflix DVD account, loved 'em all, and then got the box sets for my birthday that year. Even then there were changes that bothered me, and when I started posting on forums I jumped into threads as a purist pretty much immediately, but I've been a fan of the films since that viewing when I was 12.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 28 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next