Pettytyrant101
Amarië
17 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Doctor Who [11] - Page 3 Empty Re: Doctor Who [11]

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:10 pm

MORE New Series stuff from BF:

McGann is in his NOTD costume here is this going to be BF's first proper Time War story? maybe he meets Strax Suspect

http://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/classic-doctors-new-monsters-1315?range=113

Not sure how you would do Weeping Angels on audio... confused

Its a shame the BBC's charter means the show can't really refer to BF, but this has pretty much thrown the 'its non-canon stupid audio' argument out of the window Smile

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2015 5:45 pm

One of the problems with River and 8 is that they ill have to have a timey-whimey reason for the Doctor to forget so he doesn't recognise her as 10 in Library- also in that episode River says 10 is the youngest she has seen him, implying most of her adventures were with future versions (although she does also say in series 5 that she needs the spotters guide because the Doctor never shows up in the right order).

'maybe he meets Strax'

Its possible, we know he met him sometime prior to when we did, and its heavily implied by Strax that his penance of having to be a nurse was a punishment devised for him by the Doctor. Its actually sounds like the sort  punishment 8 would think up.

'Not sure how you would do Weeping Angels on audio..'

Me neither scratch

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:One of the problems with River and 8 is that they ill have to have a timey-whimey reason for the Doctor to forget so he doesn't recognise her as 10 in Library- also in that episode River says 10 is the youngest she has seen him, implying most of her adventures were with future versions (although she does also say in series 5 that she needs the spotters guide because the Doctor never shows up in the right order).

Hmm...good point, though McGann does look older than Tennant at this point, and the 8th Doctor seems pretty prone to memory loss anyway (not taking into account the timey wimeyness of the time war anyway), I do recall reading Moffat always planned for 10 and River to meet again at least once more off screen...

'maybe he meets Strax'

Its possible, we know he met him sometime prior to when we did, and its heavily implied by Strax that his penance of having to be a nurse was a punishment devised for him by the Doctor. Its actually sounds like the sort  punishment 8 would think up. Laughing

'Not sure how you would do Weeping Angels on audio..'

Me neither scratch

I now hope to see the first doctor face off against the Abzorbalof or the Slithveen Nod

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:08 pm

BF's output must vastly outnumber the TV series at this point, I recall reading somewhere it holds the record for most novels published in a franchise, surely the same ust be for radio plays at this point...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:18 pm

Yeah weird but true- there must be more Doctor Who audio dramas than tv by now Shocked

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:20 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yeah weird but true- there must be more Doctor Who audio dramas than tv by now Shocked

What is weirder is that the only doctor fired from the part (Colin Baker) holds the record for most amount of Recorded material scratch

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:20 pm

I thought that was McGann?

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:32 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I thought that was McGann?

Not according to this:

http://circular-time.tumblr.com/post/119247422894/classic-who-regulars-sorted-by-how-much-total-time

-This is quite recent I think, but McGann is only doing one or two boxsets a year atm (unless they have anything else lined up...the 8th Doctor does have two anniversaries next year afterall...) so whilst he may have more stories than C.Baker, most of Bakers stuff is Main Range plays-4x25 minutes etc so he would have more 'screen' time.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:58 pm

Wow, 5 and 7 have done pretty well too.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:25 am

Well done Karen Gillan- she is going well since her Who departure, as well as a couple of big Hollywood films under her belt and more on the way this year she will also be returning to Guardians of the Galaxy and she has also turned to directing her own short films- the latest of which is gathering a lot of critical acclaim and picking up some awards and she has just been made a patron of the Edinburgh Film Festival at which she was a judge this year. Oh and as a bonus she is now also the voice on the Hunt for Nessie tour out of her home town of Inverness. On yer sel Lass! cheers drunken

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:09 pm

A young Steven Moffat on his holidays-

Doctor Who [11] - Page 3 Steven-moffat-age-8_zpsknnyhjkd

And the amazing thing is there is probably a near identical picture somewhere only its a young Peter Capaldi on holiday reading Who Very Happy

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:32 am

I thought I'd conduct a Who themed musical experiment, if anyone suitable for candidacy as a test subject is willing to take part.
The requirement for being a test subject is that you have not seen any of the 12th Doctor episodes, or are, for some sick twisted, self depriving reasons of your own, not a Who watcher. Mad
Accursed you may be, but you are suitable to be a candidate.

The following are a selection of musical tracks from the latest series soundtrack.
Each track directly relates to the Doctor.
The question is, not knowing anything about him, how would you describe his character based solely upon Murray Gold's musical representation of 12 over his first series? (You can sort of skip the first one if you really want to- its the Who main theme which is always basically the same since the show began, but Murray changes it up for each Doctor (and sometimes to reflect a particular season- I've included this one as I think it does inform on this particular Doctor).

I know that's rather a lot, some are quite short though, and in the words of the 12th Doctor himself when it comes to judging his character-

Clara: I underestimated you.
The Doctor: It's easily done. There's a lot to estimate.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:I thought I'd conduct a Who themed musical experiment, if anyone suitable for candidacy as a test subject is willing to take part.
The requirement for being a test subject is that you have not seen any of the 12th Doctor episodes, or are, for some sick twisted, self depriving reasons of your own, not a Who watcher. Mad

I certainly meet all the criteria for your experiment Petty, but my sick, twisted, self depriving reasons have to do with no hi-speed connections to the outside world, which also rules out Youtube. Kind of a Catch 22 isn't it? Shrugging

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:07 pm

well Dave at least you were willing to give it a go!

So much great Who news right now hard to know where to start!

First up ever wanted to see the Dotctor teamed up with Gandalf? Or Batman? Or even Scooby Doo? Well now you can thanks to Lego Dimensions! And it looks brilliant fun for the little uns (and some of us old ones who havent grown up yet!)

Its comic-con time again and Capaldi's first visit- heres the panel-

And as if all that wasnt enough here is the very visually stunning trailer for series 9 cheers

Just who is Masie Wiliams playing? Susan? Jenny? The Rani? Let the speculation begin! And roll on September 19th bounce bounce bounce

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:35 pm

The new trailer looks quite promising.

Personally I think Masie Williams is either Jenny (though didn't she already regenerate into the same body again? haven't seen that ep in years) or a new character, the conversation with Capaldi being edited out of order (bit like the 'Clara Oswald never existed' thing in the series 8 trailer) just to get people talking.

It wouldn't feel right for me if Susan appeared and we didn't get a regeneration from Carol Ann Ford (she's stated she's happy to return to the role) first, and wouldn't it be a bit weird for a grown woman and
Spoiler:
to regenerate into a teenager? I don't think Susan was actually intended to be a timelord, just a regular Gallifreyan, and since they made Big Finish canon with NOTD it wouldn't feel right to me if they didn't address the adventures Susan and McGann...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:49 pm

Susan is the fan favourite- but I am with you on that one- I think they'd just get Carol Anne Ford back in if it was- also the 8 stuff with her, I expect it will be ignored, its too much to explain for the casual viewer, and whilst 8 in the 50th stuff did canonise his companions, it didn't necessarily canonise all the adventures they had.

Age wise there is no reason a Time Lord cannot regenerate younger- the Doctor has done it quite a few times, and River did too for her first regen where she ended up a toddler.

As to if Susan was a full Time Lord or a Gallifreyan, they never actually addressed it in the show- we dont know if when the Doctor left with her he pulled her out the Academy to do so or not.

Been racking my brains for a character from Nu or classic who tended to call the Doctor 'old man'- no luck so far- anyone think of someone? Its ringing a bell but I cant place it.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:57 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote: we dont know if when the Doctor left with her he pulled her out the Academy to do so or not.

Been racking my brains for a character from Nu or classic who tended to call the Doctor 'old man'- no luck so far- anyone think of someone? Its ringing a bell but I cant place it.

It's been a while since I listened to it, but this BF audio drama adresses when the 1st Doctor and Susan leave gallifrey:

https://www.bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-beginning-756

Jenny was quite a spunky, straight to the point character, so she'd probably call him Old Man is the 'hey dad how are you?' way

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:01 pm

Worked out what the city scape is in that trailer and oh its a biggy!!!!!

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:02 pm

Yes but is the BF original story canon? Afterall its different from the Lungbarrow origins story.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:09 pm

Comparison stills of the city scape with my hunch of where it is-

Spoiler:

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Yes but is the BF original story canon? Afterall its different from the Lungbarrow origins story.

I haven't read Lungbarrow, but I think its written by the same person (there is a line about 'no one having grandfathers anymore' which I guess ties in with the looms stuff), Nicholas Briggs has gone on record as saying that 'Big Finish has been canon since 1999' (they send the scripts to the Doctor Who TV office in Cardiff beforehand to make sure nothing conflicts), I guess its only down the BBC charter they aren't referenced directly in the show, Doctor Who dosen't have a official canon, and the majority of the books, audios etc are produced under direct license from the BBC.

It's a show about time travel and paradoxes, there's nothing to say both stories could have happened at some point before one timeline rewrote the other.

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:14 pm

As regards your spoiler, a huge rumour about
Spoiler:
reappearing has been doing the rounds for weeks...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:15 pm

Was it just me or was Karn glimpsed briefly? John Simm regeneration maybe?

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:21 pm

Ive been spoiler avoiding on the rumours front as much as I can. But those two shots of
Spoiler:

Quite right that more than one thing can happen even if its contradictory given the shows premise. But it doesn't mean the tv version has to inform the viewer of the alternative possibilities or explain them. Im not sure it would be useful to given the time constraints on episodes.

I had my suspicions that was Karn- good spot I think- also the actress that played the High Priestess of the Sisterhood if Karn in Night of (or whatever the Keepers of the Flame call themselves), is in the cast list for this series.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Ive been spoiler avoiding on the rumours front as much as I can. But those two shots of
Spoiler:

Well the rumour suggested that the Doctor makes a massive mistake in the opening two parter...

malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next