Eldorion
Mrs Figg
halfwise
azriel
Norc
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Empty A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters

Post by Norc Sat May 30, 2015 9:09 pm

Once upon a time, in a land far far away, clouded in foggy mysteries and mysterious fog, hidden away between mountains and valleys and windy fjords, lay a relatively bare land called Needlehole. Well, not back then, at the time it was just “that place yonder”. It was a barren land, squeezed in between the fjord Brakkvann and the not so tall, but steep and stony mountain called Steintind. Green, wavy fields lay between the stony shores until it met the woods. From there it grew steeper and steeper until there were no trees left, just barren, grey stone. There had been many avalanches through the years, avalanches and frost, resulting in many treacherous boulders and rocks, hidden away under a thick layers of moss.
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Empty part 2

Post by Norc Sat May 30, 2015 10:14 pm

If you by an unfortunate event suddenly found yourself in Needlehole without any knowledge of how you got there and wanted to leave, you have four alternatives. You could try building a boat and go west over the open sea and see where that would lead you. Although you wouldn’t know you were looking at the open sea because the fjord would wind itself like a snake and you can’t really see the open sea, only more capes and more fjords until they were all blue and distant. You could taste the water though… North and south of you there are two mountains. At your back in the north there is Steintind and across the water, south, Djevelen’s Tanngard (the Devil’s teeth). You would not know what lay on either side of these mountains. East of you is probably the longest valley ever, Langdal. A glacier once lay here, but in the later (and more recent) years, a river had shaped it. Maybe there was a big lake at the top of the valley, high up in the mountains? Or maybe the old glacier still lays there, hovering over its creation? 

(The names have a fjordian ring to it because of the simple reason that Vikings where here first…then they left because they had better things to do)

Last edited by Norc on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Empty part 3

Post by Norc Sun May 31, 2015 12:40 am

On this particular day it’s sunny and a sweet smell is in the air. A light summer’s breeze plays in the leaves. On the green slopes of Needlehole three figures are starting to move. One of them is sort of short and compact with a long, red beard tucked in his belt and a shiny, blank head. A dwarf, wearing heavy chain mail. His name is Petty son of Tyrant II, armour class of 12 and speed 2. No weapons except a broken flask of bucky and his fists, +4 attack. He is very grumpy, +2.
The tallest of them is a woman, a witch in fact. Long and slender she is and with long silver hair, but a young face. She is wearing long, black garments of different and interesting fabrics.  Her name is Azriel of Arctander, armour class of 11 and speed 7. She has an ominous looking staff called the Nutcracker,+7 attack.
The third one is a fragile, young elfling with long, shiny, blond hair and a slender body. His name is Eldorion Wilwarin. His wearing a suit (the office type), armour class 6 and speed 7. He has a ridiculuously big morning star, which he has no idea how to use, -3.
They all look at each other very confused. They have never met before but they all agree to not attack each other. Eldorion Wilwarin suggest they try finding out where the hell they are. Azriel of Arctander totally agrees. Petty son of Tyrant II hopes this is just the result of too much bucky and that it is all a dream. What do they choose to do?

Last edited by Norc on Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Empty Re: A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters

Post by azriel Sun May 31, 2015 10:52 am

Oddly weird, but, wanting more ! The number scoring ? sounds like a PC game ? ooooooh, I do like "odd" ! Very Happy Very Happy

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters Empty Re: A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters

Post by halfwise Sun May 31, 2015 11:15 am

Az my dear, you are listening to Dungeons and Dragons terminology.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 31, 2015 12:16 pm

Oh thankyou sweety ! :hug: ( wasnt that far off the mark then ? I dont "do" games Laughing )

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 31, 2015 12:34 pm

I had a go of my son's Call of Duty ! Bloody hell ! that was manic ! I couldnt keep up, i shot myself a dozen times by firing inside a big concrete tunnel/tube & the ricochets got me, I couldnt control the gun & running, I ended up laughing so much I couldnt see where or what I was doing ! The most Ive done is play Tekken, which I did enjoy Laughing

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun May 31, 2015 1:20 pm

Razz I like it. I have never played D&D but I can still figure out what +4 grumpy means. Razz
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 31, 2015 5:00 pm

I used to read D&D tie-in novels as a kid so I'm down with this concept. Very Happy Curious to see where you take it, Norc. Smile

Spoiler:
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Well, i would know where to take this if you figured out what way to go Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun May 31, 2015 6:20 pm

I vote to go explore the (former?) glacier. Though I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a boat if one is available and giving the fjord a try either.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 pm

That's all well and good, but how will you get Petty to come along? Remember the +2 in grumpiness.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun May 31, 2015 6:28 pm

Liking this wave of creativity (and you sharing it with us.) Smile

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun May 31, 2015 6:48 pm

Norc wrote:What do they choose to do?

Wait, so we get to decide what happens next?

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 31, 2015 9:06 pm

Yupp.. Almost Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm

The +2 is a good thing .. It's like a bonus ..
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun May 31, 2015 10:57 pm

Ive no idea WTF D&D gamers do etc so, IL sit it out & enjoy reading it ! Laughing Very Happy Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:03 am

This reminds me mightily of certain other forum attempts I have made over the years... Razz

Well I'm not included, so I can't contribute. Carry on!

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd
The Honorable Lord Gets-Banned-a-lot of Forumshire

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:16 am

Erm yes you can and everyone will be included at some
Point Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:18 am

Az, u basically try to figure out the next step and roll dices to see if it worked Smile please join in, i am not rolling dices, just having fun Smile
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:44 am

Okay I'm going to give this a shot.

Eldorion uses his mystical elf abilities to summon his friend Forest Shepherd from another dimension.

*rolls dice*

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:54 am

cheers

"The earth was rushing past like a river or a sea below him. Trees and water, and green grass, hurried away beneath. A great roar of wild animals rose as they rushed over the Zoological Gardens, mixed with a chattering of monkeys and a screaming of birds; but it died away in a moment behind them. And now there was nothing but the roofs of houses, sweeping along like a great torrent of stones and rocks. Chimney-pots fell, and tiles flew from the roofs..."
Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:12 am

bungobaggins wrote:Okay I'm going to give this a shot.

Eldorion uses his mystical elf abilities to summon his friend Forest Shepherd from another dimension.

*rolls dice*

Boom.  Natural 20.

A tale of trolls and unfortunate encounters BYLc2EQ

Yes, that was my first roll.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Forest Shepherd Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:33 am

Whoa dang. I should get, like, a vorpal sword or something with a roll like that.

Forest Shepherd
Forest Shepherd

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:56 pm

I think they should definitely have a massive argument and walk of in different directions. That way you get three stories for the price of one. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next