Back to top Go down

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Empty Re: the all Dog thread! [2]

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:03 pm

Eldorion wrote:The Elf on the Shelf

The Fiddler on the Roof

"Tradition"

Guys I think I've figured out what their game plan was! affraid

Spoiler:

I don't get it. But Topol did a farewell tour a couple years ago?? Had no idea he was still around. Cool that you caught that.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:23 pm

https://vine.co/v/M9LDHMHext1

Okay, how do you post a vine so that it comes out as an image?  using the img brackets doesn't do it.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:44 pm

how do you post a vine so that it comes out as an image?- Halfy

Is this a metaphysical question? scratch

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:52 pm

If you take it out of current kid computer speak, I suppose it does sound rather Zen-like.   But I think Eldo will be able to translate it contextually. Nod

But what I meant is, I should be able to get a vine video to just show up on the screen like one of them gif videos, shouldn't I?

Last edited by halfwise on Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:53 pm

I heard your little puppy whine Halfy Very Happy

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:09 pm

Norc wrote:

So what's happened with ole' Leopold? Haven't heard from him in a while, I hope his hair grew back okay.

halfwise

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:10 pm

No one has creatively sworn at us in ages either Mad

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:15 pm

azriel wrote:the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Samoyedpup_zpse71028ed

That is both cute and creepy!

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 09, 2015 12:48 pm

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:12 pm

That's nice. Smile

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Giphy

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:43 pm

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 10890806_766147213479297_737162322_n

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:08 am

Theres something about simple pictures like that, I can look at them for ages, they seem more meaningful.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:41 pm

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 <a href=the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 100_1510" />

This is our Husky she just turned 2

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:48 am

shes handsome Very Happy

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:14 pm

Someone pointed out that these statements function just as well whether seen from the owner or the pets perspective. Razz

The life of a pet/pet owner:

“What are you eating? OH GOD WHAT ARE YOU EATING???”

"Come back here with whatever you’re eating!"

"Don’t think you can fool me by stopping chewing. I know you’re still eating it!"

"Open your mouth. OPEN. YOUR. MOUTH."

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by duncandisorderly Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:02 am

RIP Bullit (Bully) 2002-2013. Tough act to follow. He taught me more about being a better human, compared to any human I have ever encountered. Not a day goes by without thinking of him, since he moved on. My good fortune is, I have known such a pure, intelligent soul who impacted my life deeply. Needless to say, he was remarkable and I say this without bias.

Dogs have countless abilities they have aquired since we domesticated them. In fact, fossil evidence indicates they were the first animal humans domesticated. From the start, we've evolved side by side. They are truly unique and have far more depth, intelligence and instinct than most people recognise. Once you know how to commicate with a dog, you realise just how much they have adapted.

We have forced evolution on the wolf, resulting in a wide range of shapes, sizes and behaviour. What's remarkable is how they also forced evolution on themselves. No matter the breed of dog, they all share the same barks, all clearly recognised by most humans. We don't need to see a dog to know if it's aggressive, angry, scared, happy, amongst others. The wolf does not bark, the dog taught itself how to bark, effectively communicating, albiet on a basic level.

There's a wealth of information about dogs actually. Like how they read our faces exactly the same as humans. Or, how showing a dog affrection, both human and dog release the same hormone that a mother and baby use to bond. Learning this explained why I have instantly bonded to every dog I have shared my life with. Also, people with dogs live longer on average. No surprise when you live with their pure positive energy. Personally, I believe we love dogs so much because they flawlessy exhibit the qualities a good human strives for, but can never achieve. We have egos, dogs don't, they live in the moment. Have you ever stepped on your dog's foot by mistake? How does it react? Your dog almost apologises to you. Quite outstanding for a supposedly unintelligent creature to behave so flawlessly, if you ask me.

Anyway, I've babbled enough and probably repeated what's been said or what many dog lovers already know. In short, dogs rock!

The second photo is one of my favourites.

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Image13

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Image14

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:13 am

OMG ! Sad Sad Sad Blub !
I agree with all you say Duncan, I have cats tho & I feel the same about them. No animal is dumb, no animal deserves to be treated badly, They ARE more loving than many humans Ive met. They are not scheming or deceitful or cruel in the first instance. Ive also learnt something from my pets. I take it that picture is your dog ? My first cat, I adored him & when he passed away it ripped my heart out. I dont give a fook what people think of me, I love animals & abhor cruelty. The neighbours call me the mad cat lady ( good!) Ive even surprised my local vet with things Ive said & done.I wont go on or you'll get bored to tears with me Very Happy But, Im glad you posted that last statement about pets being good already, its a help, as I still miss my 'black boy' & its been nearly 2yrs Crying or Very sad

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by duncandisorderly Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:21 am

Wow, that's precisely what I've done too, learnt something from each pet. Before I got the dogs, I had a cat. Every one had something profound to teach me. Although, I call it their legacy, the seniment is the same. Plus, I hate cruelty too, animals have no voice, so to harm them is a coward's act. What others think doesn't matter, what you feel does. You're perfectly normal.

Yes, the pic is my Rottweiller, Bullit. Three months prior to losing Bullit, I lost my very first dog, my little guy, Oscar.(see pic) He was 15. Originally, Oscar had a sister, Luna, they were 8 weeks old when they arrived in my home. They were my first dogs, I had wanted a dog since I was a kid.

I live in a semi rural location, with a huge garden and fields filled with horses surrounding my home. Luna would always find a new way to escape, no matter how often we walked her or sealed a new exit. One night she got out and there was a freak snowstorm, which made her lose her bearings. Two agonising days it took before someone answered the ad we put in the local paper. Brought home what the parents of an abducted child must go through. Anyway, 2 miles up the valley is a main road, she ended up there and was hit by a car.

We got Bullit a week later, so Oscar wouldn't be alone, as I prefer a 2 dog home. My Bully helped us heal, and so much more. I could write a book. Funny, I made a deal with Oscar that he needed to live both his and Luna's life now she was gone. He was 5 when she left us and he was with us until he was 15. 5 + 5 = 10 years. Bully following so soon after seemed kind of apt.

Still can't bring myself to get new dogs after nearly 2 years. The only dogs I want, are gone. Don't want to give that vibe for new dogs, if I'm comparing, it's not fair. I hate coming home to an empty house with no love energy greeting you. Eventually it will feel right and I'll get dogs again.

Actually, it's felt nice to vent this. Thanks for listening. Feel free to vent more. I got two ears and one mouth, so I listen better than I talk. lol It's all good. Very Happy

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Image15

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Handsome dog Bullit & Oscar is lovely Very Happy. Reading what you've put has made me feel better so thankyou ! Very Happy Maia & Ludo were given to me as kittens for my birthday. Mario died just a week before. I had him from a kitten. Maybe they were given a bit to soon after losing Maz as I felt to numb to fall in love ? but, they are the best thing for me, we have a bond, Id do anything for my pets & I glare at humans, I see them as "what do you want NOW!" ( apart from my children) Pets make you feel something you may not find with a human. I have 4 cats now, one of them is Mario's neice & I know he would have liked the other 3 as he was a loving & sociable animal Very Happy You will fill that gap one day, it will feel right & be at the right time with the right pet, & whether you want to or not, whether you keep a lid on it, pets will quietly, calmly let the love flow before you know it & you'll wear a smile on your face & thankgod they are there.

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by duncandisorderly Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:04 am

What a lovely reply. It's always rewarding to hear your words helped someone feel better. Now, that cheered me up. Good Karma at work. How can that be bad?

Funny, people often see Bullit and say he was handsome. Then again, that's because he was. lol Even when he got older, he looked much younger and his shiny coat remained until the day he moved on. So, I count the blessings. Mostly, I'm grateful I knew the importance of making the time count since their time with us is so limited. It's definitely been some solace once they move on.

I love cats, they're still wild enough, but tame enough. My cat Stoola was a pleasure. Someone once told me that the best cats are the ones who find you. My Stoola calmly walked into my business one afternoon. Fair enough, I owned a café, so the smell must have been tempting. But, my café was located in the middle of a shopping mall, in a busy town. I took him home that night and after checking RSPCA, local ads etc. to see if anyone wanted him back, I happily adopted him.

Check this out. The night I brought him home, I did the play with yarn thing with him. Basically, tried to bond a bit. I was laying on the floor and I dozed off. Next thing I know, I feel a light tapping on my eye. I wake to find the cat, sat right in front of my face, staring down at me, with one paw raised. He just calmly looked me in the eyes. On my life, I got this feeling he was saying, I like you, we'll get along just fine. It was an odd experience, more so because when I woke, I didn't recall feeling drowsy. Stoola never ever tapped my eye again when I was asleep. Actually, he never climbed on furniture, made a mess or damaged anything. He fit in from day one.  

I don't think your kittens were given to you too soon. They were an unexpected birthday present, beyond your control. Anyway, I just realized, the best cats are the ones who find you. Technically, a birthday present falls under this category. lol

Thanks for your sound advice. I have no doubt I'll have dogs again. When my gut tells me it's right, I'll know. Plus, life has a way of putting things in your path, in my experience. I have trust in the fates. Wink

Last edited by duncandisorderly on Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : as always, a bloody typo)

Shireling

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Thumbs Up Nod

azriel
azriel

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Nice stories. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:26 pm

Dogs breaking up a cat fight.

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Tumblr_m88f1lwbj01qdlh1io1_400

Dogs being pack animals doesn't tolerate dissent in their group because it weakens the pack’s social structure. And as we humans have bread them to be part of a human pack/social group they've to a large degree dropped the distinction betwen themselves and other species, they see anything else as some weird kind of dog.

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sat Jan 31, 2015 3:26 am

duncandisorderly wrote:RIP Bullit (Bully) 2002-2013.

Duncan, I enjoyed reading your story about your pets. My parents lost my childhood dog, Lucky, last August. She was 15; lived a long, full life. We all loved her to bits, and she loved us.

the all Dog thread! [2] - Page 3 Happy_10

Our family is heavily biased towards Shetland sheepdogs. Wink Loudmouthed, but loyal to a fault.

I don't foresee myself ever getting a dog in the future. I might consider a cat, something that can be a little more distant, but I can't handle losing another dog. It's difficult at this point in time to know if I will have the emotional strength to take care of any kind of pet in the future. Although I plan on donating to the ASPCA when my budget allows it.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 33 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 33  Next