Norc for presidency Voting1089%Norc for presidency Voting10 89% 
[ 8 ]
Norc for presidency Voting1011%Norc for presidency Voting10 11% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 9

Poll closed

Norc for presidency Empty Norc for presidency

Post by Norc Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:11 am

not really, but i am asking that mod question again.

so there are five moderators.  Orwell, Petty, Eldo, Amarië and Ally. that's three men and two women. i know five is not dividable, so 3/2 isn't such a bad thing, but (sadly) Ally hasn't been around for almost a year (october 2013). I am not saying it was a bad decision, cus it's not, but it leaves being 3 guys and just one woman who are active moderators. i am not really in any position to nominate myself, but the fact still stands. We need another female moderator. Even though the argument is more symbolic than an actually need. We don't want to be like.. a sexist forum?! (rhetorical question). There are actually in this period very few really active (like posts at least weekly) female members here (who are not a mod). On the top of my head there is Figg, Azriel and me (shoot me if i'm wrong). Kafria and Squach have been quiet for a long time and Leelee drops by here and there, but the fact is; we're few. 

I don't know how they feel like, idk, wanting modship, but i am at least willing to be a symbolic mod Very Happy as i have said before, i would probably just clean...(oh that isn't sexist at all!! Rolling Eyes ) but like.. to be fair, i'd make a pretty good mod Shrugging honestly.. i know some facts may be turned against me, but like i wouldn't be all hasty and i check in daily so.... not saying we actually need a new mod, you guys are doing great and we're a pretty small forum, i am just saying if i was a woman/girl coming here and like.. idk, i think i'd stop a bit and thought for a moment that well.. women are under-represented (is that a word in english?) here.. Like, Amarië sure can handle her boys, but well... i think at least a 50/50 division would be cool.

so without sounding too much like a suffragette, what do you think guys and gals? Very Happy  i am willing to put up a vote like idk.... Shrugging Eldo?

(and honestly this isn't me trying to climb the ladder or seek power.. but "POWER" (in the voice of Jeremy Clarkson))

??
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

http://nimrail.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Norc for presidency Empty Re: Norc for presidency

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:22 am

Well like you say Norc, there isn't a need for another mod, in that there is not a lot for those of us who are mods to do as is, not even had a spam outbreak in long enough to hammer.

But I have no objections to there being a symbolic gesture, as in making another female a mod to balance the numbers if people think its important we are equally representative (and it'll be someone else besides Amarie to do the washing up  Nod )

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:24 am

true petty (ignore the vid)
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ringdrotten Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:37 am

Norc wrote: i'd make a pretty good mod
I agree Nod  {{{ sexist forum? Never Very Happy }}}

Norc for presidency Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:38 am

aw fank jo Very Happy
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Norc Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:39 am

{{nevaaahr}}
Norc
Norc
Khaleesi

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:41 am

When Hell freezes over - you've got my vote! You see, these things are appointments - we don't usually bend to the desires Lobbyists for this kind of thing. Who knows, you might be seeking great Power and become a Tyrant!!!   affraid The Mods here operate under an Aristocratic System, it's not a Democracy.  Very Happy  {{{Though 'Honorary' President could work...  Very Happy }}}

Orwell
Dark Presence with Gilt Edge

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:42 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:But I have no objections to there being a symbolic gesture, as in making another female a mod to balance the numbers if people think its important we are equally representative  (and it'll be someone else besides Amarie to do the washing up  Nod )

Frankly, one bossy Amarie-type is one too many!  Mad 

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:03 am

I say let her have a go.  Very Happy

Norc for presidency Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Norc for presidency Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am

I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu here. When we made Ally a mod (and she was replacing a guy, so gender is something we've taken into account before) I was roundly criticized for creating too many mods and it generally being an unnecessary move.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by Orwell Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:05 pm

And Ally disappeared shortly after!   affraid {{{I wonder if Norc knows just how dangerous it is being a Mod? I mean, look at what happened to Ally when she found out too much... ... .... cyclops  Question Question Question }}}

Orwell

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:59 pm

Well, if we're going on pure logic, Figgy has been a mod before over on Bree, so has the experience.

But it's always good to give people new experiences.  And in a voluntary organization, willingness is the key qualification.

The only worry it, our Norc tends to get a little, shall we say....playful.  Would we be able to sleep at night secure in the knowledge that we will not wake up and find all our avatars have been changed to Cumberbums?  Suspect

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:03 pm

((( good idea, can we have a junta too? force the boys to wear those one legged mankini made from itchy hemp or gossamer. either sounds good )))
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:19 pm

halfwise wrote:

The only worry it, our Norc tends to get a little, shall we say....playful.  Would we be able to sleep at night secure in the knowledge that we will not wake up and find all our avatars have been changed to Cumberbums?  Suspect

No

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Slap her with a wet cod then if she gets playfull  Laughing Im sure she'll be sensible ?......... wont she ?

Norc for presidency Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Norc for presidency Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:53 pm

If I was mod the power would go to my head and I would do a TORn. By the end of the week it would be #tumbleweed city.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:10 pm

halfwise wrote:But it's always good to give people new experiences.  And in a voluntary organization, willingness is the key qualification.

This isn't directed at Norc or anyone else specifically,  but on most forums, over eagerness about being a mod is usually considered a red flag.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:25 pm

As a closet anarchist, I think it's worth mentioning that there's another way to create a better balance between male and female moderatiors......... Twisted Evil 

Norc for presidency Guillotine

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by halfwise Sun Jul 13, 2014 3:41 pm

Eldorion wrote:
halfwise wrote:But it's always good to give people new experiences.  And in a voluntary organization, willingness is the key qualification.

This isn't directed at Norc or anyone else specifically,  but on most forums, over eagerness about being a mod is usually considered a red flag.

that's probably true. Cincinnatus and all that. I was thinking mainly of duties that most people don't want to be in charge of. There should be a sense of resignation and duty about accepting power.

halfwise
Quintessence of Burrahobbitry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Yeah, it's not really supposed to be fun. It can be a pretty alienating experience on forums where moderators are expected to actively police the membership and keep things on topic. Your pretty much guaranteed to piss of people you respect and also to attract brownnosers. Then again, you do get genuine appreciation from some.

Most of that isn't really true of Forumshire mods, but one thing I am fairly resolved on is that modship be offered after consideration by the current mods rather than putting out a call for volunteers.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:35 pm

The Mods here operate under an Aristocratic System, it's not a Democracy. - Orwell

{{{{Cant we just do what we normally do when faced with a tricky situation- hold a fair and free democratic vote, have a mod meeting, count the votes, throw that in the bin and wait for Eldo to tell us the result before announcing the winner to the plebs, I mean public? Its worked every other time  Shrugging }}}}}

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:34 pm

I like Norc, but I don't think we need any more mods. Shrugging

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:39 pm

David H wrote:As a closet anarchist, I think it's worth mentioning that there's another way to create a better balance between male and female moderatiors......... Twisted Evil 

Norc for presidency Guillotine

I've always disliked the guillotine as a method of execution. No It's a terrifying machine.

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword." {{{Unless you're Theon Greyjoy.  cyclops }}}

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:40 pm

"The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Bad idea!  No If I have to have my head chopped off I want it done by a professional with a pride in his job. I want a swift clean and as painless as possible death.

I dont want some bloody handed amateur taking five minutes to hack it off.  No 

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Well, I would rather have Ser Ilyn Payne do it than Joffrey.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next