Mrs Figg
bungobaggins
Ringdrotten
Radaghast
Eldorion
16 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Empty DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming

Post by Eldorion Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:00 pm

Well, technically just download so far, but the second Hobbit film is now available on iTunes, and will be on Amazon Instant tomorrow.  There are a couple bonus features available through these sites in addition to the film itself.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/03/25/87892-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-now-available-on-itunes/

The DVD/Blu-ray release will follow in the first week or two of April, depending on which region you live in.  The extended edition will probably drop in November.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Empty Re: DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming

Post by Radaghast Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:28 pm

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, steaming pile of... Twisted Evil

http://helob.deviantart.com/gallery/
https://stopthesecrecy.net/

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming WiuVcmi
Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Empty Re: DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming

Post by Ringdrotten Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 am

I might have downloaded it illegally just to piss Jackson off, but that'd be a waste of HD space Nod The bonus features look nice, though it looks more like EE material to me. I wish it was ten years ago and I'd been full of anticipation, but that's just not happening this time around Sad

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Man-in-black
Ringdrotten
Ringdrotten
Mrs Bear Grylls

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:06 am

To be honest, I wouldn't mind watching the bonus material. Even though the movie is crap, I still like seeing how these things are made. But I'm not going to buy it, maybe I can find a torrent. Shrugging

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:25 am

I actually still haven't sat down to watch the AUJ-EE Appendices.  One of these days I will.  Though it would probably be more enjoyable to look through all the nooks and crannies of the LOTR-EE Blu-rays for stuff I may have missed,
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:10 pm

everytime I watch this clip I tear up. its beautiful  Sad  Crying or Very sad  Razz  flower 

Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:10 pm

Theres a poignancy about it, the sunlight is crisp & hopeful, then it melts away & you know you have to trudge on no matter what, but the crown of flowers gives you just enough hope to go on with. And there's good old Sam, lifting your spirits, as he always does. And thats something else I liked about Sam, he was dependable, you could trust him. I could anyway. he didnt say what he didnt mean, & didnt mean what he didnt say !  Very Happy

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tinuviel Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:43 pm

Has anyone seen the AUJ EE Appendices? Is it worth getting for that? Because I don't ever plan on buying these films with my own money unless the appendices are as good as LOTR's.

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Tumblr_ndsrspapRL1qlqsnio3_500
Tinuviel
Tinuviel
Finest Nose

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:38 am

Hmmm, there were moments while watching the appendices stuff where I really wanted to punch Philippa Boyens in the face. So if you're in to that sort of thing, I'd say go for it. Nod Razz

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:52 pm

Ayup...

Friend of mine dropped me a copy of DOS in a coupla days ago. I've viewed it three times now, and I'm worried that I just can't muster my Indignation to its previous heights at the terrible abuses of our original story. And that worries the Hell out of me. Laketown and the attempted Gold-plating of Smaug still makes me apopleptic, but I just can't muster any annoyance over the silly Six-flags river ride... Must be me getting older... Here's to the probably never-ending battle sequence that will be 'There and back again'...

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:58 pm

As far as indignation goes. That ship sailed long long long ago.
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:53 pm

I'm surprised you managed to watch it that many times, Feanor. Razz I plan to rent the EE (probably from Amazon Instant) before buying it because I rather doubt it's the sort of film I'll want to watch again and again, but we'll see. It will at least be nice to see the first two EEs shortly before TABA, and then maybe all three a year after that when the whole trilogy is out on Blu-ray. But beyond that, I don't expect to be revisiting The Hobbit all that often. Shrugging We'll see, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by feanor 1999 Thu Mar 27, 2014 6:39 pm

Ayup Eldo...

I don't plan on buying it until the EE trilogy boxset on blu-ray is twelve months old and a bargain, so it lives in far far away land for me. Doubtless TABA will be technically stunning, but obviously that doesn't matter when the story's a bust. Hopefully then Jacksie will leave the Silmarillion and the whole series of books well alone for ever... BTW, does anyone know if the carrot (?) PJ crunches right at the start has any significance at all ?

Ringwinner

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:29 pm

feanor 1999 wrote:BTW, does anyone know if the carrot (?) PJ crunches right at the start has any significance at all ?

I've always assumed it was a rude gesture directed at Forumshire in general, and my vegetables in particular. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: 

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming WdoHDas

Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 pm

I think the carrot thing is a nod to Hitchcock but I could be remembering wrong.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:55 pm

David H wrote:I've always assumed it was a rude gesture directed at Forumshire in general, and my vegetables in particular. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: 

It was a stolen carrot? From your patch?  Shocked 

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:58 pm

Radaghast wrote:I think the carrot thing is a nod to Hitchcock but I could be remembering wrong.

I'd say the carrot thing is a nod to FOTR, but having the director's cameo appear in the opening of the movie is very Hitchcock.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:02 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:16 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I'd say the carrot thing is a nod to FOTR, but having the director's cameo appear in the opening of the movie is very Hitchcock.

He had a carrot in the FOTR cameo too, but I don't know why he did there. Maybe PJ just likes carrots. Shrugging

I do recall PJ defending his cameos by saying it was a cinematic tradition and pointing to Hitchcock as an example of that, like Raddy mentioned.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:18 pm

Bluebottle wrote:It was a stolen carrot? From your patch?  Shocked 

It didn't look like genitalia, so it couldn't have been one of Dave's plants. Suspect
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:27 pm

bungobaggins wrote:
Radaghast wrote:I think the carrot thing is a nod to Hitchcock but I could be remembering wrong.

I'd say the carrot thing is a nod to FOTR, but having the director's cameo appear in the opening of the movie is very Hitchcock.
Oh, that's probably what I'm remembering.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:37 pm

Eldorion wrote:
bungobaggins wrote:I'd say the carrot thing is a nod to FOTR, but having the director's cameo appear in the opening of the movie is very Hitchcock.

He had a carrot in the FOTR cameo too, but I don't know why he did there.  Maybe PJ just likes carrots. Shrugging

I do recall PJ defending his cameos by saying it was a cinematic tradition and pointing to Hitchcock as an example of that, like Raddy mentioned.

I don't think I'd call it a cinematic tradition. Just something that certain directors enjoy doing. And PJ is no Hitchcock.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:39 pm

bungobaggins wrote:I don't think I'd call it a cinematic tradition. Just something that certain directors enjoy doing. And PJ is no Hitchcock.

Well, I was paraphrasing from a very foggy memory, so that word choice was mine. And regardless of whether or not PJ is a top-tier director (I wouldn't call him one), I don't have a problem with his cameos.
Eldorion
Eldorion

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:41 pm

The only one I've had a problem with is the one in the opening of DOS.

It just screams, "Oh, look over here! You fans of the movies, you know who this is! Isn't that cool that the director is in the movie! And he's doing the same thing that he did in FOTR???? WHAT AN AMAZING REFERENCE11111!!!!!!111"

Good grief.

DOS theatrical on DVD, Blu-ray, streaming Grief+charlie+brown

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Radaghast Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:51 pm

I haven't noticed any PJ cameos other than FotR and DoS. I think maybe I remember seeing one in The Lovely Bones.

Radaghast
Radaghast
Barrel-rider

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next