Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur!

+12
dak
malickfan
ElendilTheShort
David H
Sinister71
bungobaggins
Mrs Figg
Bluebottle
azriel
Eldorion
Pettytyrant101
DavidKillstein
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Empty Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur!

Post by DavidKillstein Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:14 pm

I’ve edited all of Gandalf’s scenes investigating Dol Guldur into this one (short) film!

watch here: https://vimeo.com/122578580

This is the story of Gandalf the Grey, who’s heard from Beorn and Radagast that evil is lurking in an abandoned fortress. He turns to Saruman but receives no help, but with the encouragement of Galadriel takes off on a quest to discover who the mysterious “necromancer” at Dol Guldur is…
I’ve essentially made a 100%-Hobbit-free Hobbit movie by doing exactly the opposite of my previous cut (a 3-hour Hobbit movie). This film exists side-by-side with that one, all the events are concurrent while existing as stand-alone pieces.

DavidKillstein

Back to top Go down

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Empty Re: Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur!

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:17 pm

Dont suppose you've managed to somehow reshoot most of it, rewrite all the atrocious dialogue and make it vaguely like something Tolkien might have written- Im guessing not!

But that aside, welcome to Forumshire Davidkillstein  pub - have I seen you on ToRN where they pulled the link for your vid?

And are you a fan editor?- if so your most welcome.

A Green And Pleasant Land

Compiled and annotated by Eldy.

- get your copy here for a limited period- free*

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yjYiz8nuL3LqJ-yP9crpDKu_BH-1LwJU/view

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
Warning may contain Wholesome Tales
[/b]

the crabbit will suffer neither sleight of hand nor half-truths. - Forest
Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Empty Re: Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur!

Post by DavidKillstein Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:19 pm

I am! Here's the link to my Hobbit re-edit blog, "There and Back Again" http://definitivehobbitcut.tumblr.com/. It was written about on Gawker and Kotaku and since has been imitated but improved upon in many other fan edits. I decided to take a break from the Hobbit and focus on doing other projects with the material, such as this short film about Gandalf. Let me know what you think!

DavidKillstein

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:22 pm

I am downloading it for a watch later David. Thumbs Up (But for the editing as it consists of some of what is, in my opinion, the worst travesty of Tolkien yet committed to film)

I too am a fan edit- there is a thread here in the LotR's section - Petty's fan edits- I started out editing LotR's and have also edited TH.

It would be good to share notes. (my own stuff is just uploaded to my skydrive- but if your interested in taking a look at them pm me your email I'll send you the link- they can be watched streaming there too so no need to download)

*Pure Publications reserves the right to track your usage of this publication, snoop on your home address, go through your bins and sell personal information on to the highest bidder.
[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Eldorion Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:22 pm

I watched a bit of this just now and flowed together better than I thought it would. It's hard to give an objective opinion because I really disliked most of the Dol Guldur related scenes in the films, though. That's not a commentary on your edit, though.
Eldorion
Eldorion
You're Gonna Carry That Weight

https://purl.org/tolkien

Back to top Go down

Post by azriel Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Hello Davidkillstein. I watched that & it brought back all the old horrors ! To think people actually PAID to see that tripe ? ! Shocked It was still painfully excruciating to watch, especially when Galadriel went all Japanese "the Grudge" pale I cringed physically at Elrond's classic line......" you should have stayed dead " :facepalm: Even if I was running a high fever I still couldnt dream up shit like this ! I like what you did tho Very Happy Its not your work Im knocking, its just it brought home to me AGAIN what utter shat Peejers cooked up No

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Th_cat%20blink_zpsesmrb2cl

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Jean-b11
azriel
azriel
Grumpy cat, rub my tummy, hear me purr

Location : in a galaxy, far,far away, deep in my own imagination.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:31 pm

You've probably grasped how people feel about the movies around here by now. Very Happy

I think your idea sounds interesting though. I'll give it a look. Nod

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:31 pm

Elrond and Galadriel. No
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:45 pm

azriel wrote:Hello Davidkillstein. I watched that & it brought back all the old horrors ! To think people actually PAID to see that tripe ? ! Shocked  It was still painfully excruciating to watch, especially when Galadriel went all Japanese "the Grudge" pale  I cringed physically at Elrond's classic line......" you should have stayed dead " :facepalm:  

From the pen of Oscar winners Philipa Boyens and Fran Walsh.

bungobaggins
Eternal Mayor in The Halls of Mandos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:26 pm

not bad considering the material you had to work with but Personally wasn't a fan of the material in the first place. Good job though. Petty's edits are really good too IMHO you should check them out sometime

Suspect  NEVERMIND I'LL BE OVER HERE KEEPING MY MOUTH SHUT Suspect
Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:27 pm

You can't polish a turd.

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:19 am

No but you can get a lovely shine on it, then sell it to tourists as fossiled Haggis and run for it with their money before they realize what you've actually left then holding onto Twisted Evil

Actually metaphorically thats pretty much what PJ did with Th films Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:21 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:No but you can get a lovely shine on it, then sell it to tourists as fossiled Haggis and run for it with their money before they realize what you've actually left then holding onto Twisted Evil

pub

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:32 am

Pettytyrant101 wrote:No but you can get a lovely shine on it, then sell it to tourists as fossiled Haggis

Just out of curiosity, which tastes better? Or is there a difference? scratch

{{now you've got me wondering which one I was eating... Suspect }}

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! UJpDi Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:39 am

That depends what the person concerned in the um, production, has been eating- if its a diet of sheep lungs, ears, hearts, intestines and other suspicious wobbly bits, unidentifable tubing, offal, sheep stomach lining and sawdust then once its been deep fried there will probably not be much difference.

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by David H Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:37 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:That depends what the person concerned in the um, production, has been eating- if its a diet of sheep lungs, ears, hearts, intestines and other suspicious wobbly bits, unidentifable tubing, offal, sheep stomach lining and sawdust then once its been deep fried there will probably not be much difference.

Well...I suppose I shouldn't have expected anything go to waste once the fryer was hot...

Excuse me.

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Barfing

Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! 1280px-Male_kodiak_bear_face  Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! UJpDi Watch all of Gandalf's scenes edited into a single movie: The Battle of Dol Goldur! Mumbea10
David H
David H
Horsemaster, Fighting Bears in the Pacific Northwest

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:04 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:No but you can get a lovely shine on it, then sell it to tourists as fossiled Haggis and run for it with their money before they realize what you've actually left then holding onto Twisted Evil

So, that fossilized haggis you gave me for my birthday.. That was a actually a.. Hobbit dvd? Shocked

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:57 pm

Blue no matter what I would not give my wost enemy (that'd be Figg!) TH as a present. Mad

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluebottle Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:22 pm

I guess that's a fair point. Razz

Bluebottle
Concerned citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by bungobaggins Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:38 pm

bungobaggins

Back to top Go down

Post by ElendilTheShort Fri Mar 20, 2015 8:38 pm

I liked the Dol Guldor battle for the sword play. When the nine re manifested with Sauron and all those flames it reminded me of what would be a really, really, really bad 80's metal album cover. The extent of pj and co's rewriting/misunderstanding of the 9 is laid bare in these scenes.

ElendilTheShort
Lucky Number

Back to top Go down

Post by malickfan Fri Mar 20, 2015 9:40 pm

I'm not convinced even a fan edit could inspire me to rewatch the film, I've already forgotten half of it...

I do remember enjoying the weird visuals of Doggle Door in a 'This isn't quite what quite what I expected, lol' way not for the writing so much...

Well, that was worth the wait wasn't it  Suspect

I think what comes out of a pig's rear end is more akin to what Peejers has given us-Azriel 20/9/2014
malickfan
malickfan
Adventurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mrs Figg Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:29 pm

Pettytyrant101 wrote:Blue no matter what I would not give my wost enemy (that'd be Figg!) TH as a present. Mad

WHAT???!!!!! Suspect how very dare you
Mrs Figg
Mrs Figg
Eel Wrangler from Bree

Back to top Go down

Post by Pettytyrant101 Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:42 pm

Arch nemesis better? Shrugging One with the power to redeem themselves forever by scrubbing a barrel free of its fridge monster perhaps Nod

[/b]

Pettytyrant101
Pettytyrant101
Crabbitmeister

Back to top Go down

Post by Sinister71 Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:43 pm

malickfan wrote:I'm not convinced even a fan edit could inspire me to rewatch the film, I've already forgotten half of it...

I do remember enjoying the weird visuals of Doggle Door in a 'This isn't quite what quite what I expected, lol' way not for the writing so much...

the only thing I have rewatched of the entire Hobbit series is the behind the scenes footage on the EE bluerays ... Other than that I have no desire to see the films ever again. I just watched all 3 LOTR a couple weekends ago. Still love those films, I think Jackson just didn't care about what he was doing this time around and was in it just for the money and to get them out of thhe way so people would stop asking when he was going to do the Hobbit

Sinister71
Sinister71
Stinging Fly

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next